Colt 9mm barrel cut down to 4 1/2 inches recrowned, Uzi threads added

Colt ramped 9mm bolt

Colt 9mm buffer

Spike's Tactical 9mm Buffer Spacer

V. M. Hy Tech magwell adapter

Magpul CTR stock

Hogue grip and handguard

Magpul winter fingerguard

I ran into two problems with this build. The first was the old stock Colt barrel. It had a short coller on it and required a coller spacer. First I had to cut the spacer to get it over the UZI threades. The second problem was the VM magwell adapter botteming out aginst the upper reciever. I had to use the Dremmel to remove some material from the inside of the upper reciever.

Once I ironed out thes problems, the old girl throws 147 grain subsonics like there is no tomorrow. Over all Im quite happy how it turmed out and the Vector can is stupid quiet.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VolDaddy

It all started after the UZI can was gave to me. Well I had to pay for the transfer. Bought the stripped lower for 100 at the gun show. Paid 200 for that transfer. The transfer from hell started to unfold, but thats another story (search older posts by me for answers). Bought the upper from Spikes. Paid 120. It was from their first production run and was considered a blemish. The rest of the items I picked up second hand over on AR15.com in the equipment exchange. It took about 6 months. Colt bolt ramped by m60joe, and colt buffer 150. Uzi magbloc 100. Hogue grip and forearm 40. Colt barel old stock from Numerich parts 125. Barel cut down, recrowned, and UZI threads added by m60joe about 150. Spikes buffer spacer 25. Magpul winter fingerguard 12. Magpul CTR stock gunghow 70. Then I bought a bunch of tools over at Brownells and used my C&R discount. So about 1,000 in the gun and can not counting transfers and about 200 in tools but I plan on building more. Putting together a .22 upper as we speak. I love some of the deals on the EE over on ar15.com. Some folks with more money than sense will buy a bunch of parts. Then they will either change direction on their build or never build. You can get some good deals on never osed or just open box stuff. Thanks to m60joe.com for the custom work, Joe over at Hero Gear for handeling the transfer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest kdud03

i been tellin the g/f for a month now that this is wut i want to do next. i love it. i would change a few things but to each his own right? some websites on the blemished upper an barrel would be awesome.... maybe one day there will be a 9mm suppressed sbr forum wit a photo gallery

i been tellin the g/f for a month now that this is wut i want to do next.

My wife has been telling me for a few years to buy a MG as well as suppressors. I haven't yet but maybe I need to. My biggest problem will be feeding any MG I buy. Even a 22 is going cost me a fortune to feed as often as it would probably get shot.

Dolomite

Guest 73challenger
My wife has been telling me for a few years to buy a MG as well as suppressors. I haven't yet but maybe I need to. My biggest problem will be feeding any MG I buy. Even a 22 is going cost me a fortune to feed as often as it would probably get shot.

Dolomite

Your wife WANTS you to buy one and you haven't?? :taunt: You need to hurry up!

• 4 weeks later...