what does PT mean?

Mike.357

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 10mm4me

"Pathetic Try" JK. Taurus is a Brazilian company, Brazilians speak Spanish, In Spanish They say things backwards compared to English.We say run fast, they would say fast run. We say Taurus Pistol, They say Pistol-Taurus....PT.This is just a theory but it sounds good to me.

"Pathetic Try" JK. Taurus is a Brazilian company, Brazilians speak Spanish, In Spanish They say things backwards compared to English.We say run fast, they would say fast run. We say Taurus Pistol, They say Pistol-Taurus....PT.This is just a theory but it sounds good to me.

Pathetic try????? coming from someone who has never shot one i ASSume....

it's like Hi Point bashing me thinks, your Taurus seems to shoot fine

I agree Mike...and it's kind of like Rock Island bashing(like i did you) before I shot yours....

Shooting your RI changed my thinking...completely....damn nice piece!

Guest c.a.s.

Mom's PT1911 shoots fine.

It's getting sold, sadly, for something small and in 9mm or a variant thereof, once she decides which one she likes better! Much easier for her to use and carry.

Anyone who regularly goes to EastTN shoots have a CZ-82 or Walther PK380 for her to try out?

Mom's PT1911 shoots fine.

It's getting sold, sadly, for something small and in 9mm or a variant thereof, once she decides which one she likes better! Much easier for her to use and carry.

Anyone who regularly goes to EastTN shoots have a CZ-82 or Walther PK380 for her to try out?

If we have another East EastTN shoot...mom is more than welcome to shoot the wifes P238...it is a sweet little pistol!

I found the PT1911 to be quite a decent shooter for the money. And sadly (this makes me chuckle) - I've never had a problem with shooting a Taurus 1911... the two Kimbers that I shot (a TLE II and a Classic) were unreliable, had ejection problems (the TLE), feed issues (the Classic), and both had problems with the various ammo that I fed them (Magtech, Wolf, Remington UMC, Federal, and finally Atlantic Arms crap reload stuff).

The Taurus ate it all, no problems. Many will say, "Well, no wonder that you had no problems with the Taurus - it's a loose gun - it'll eat anything..." Not the case - my Dan Wesson, Springfield from Hero Gear, Smith and Wesson Pro Shop 1911, and Para SSP Limited all ran through that ammo just fine, zero problems... the Kimbers were the only ones that **** out and had issues. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Guest SUNTZU
Pathetic try????? coming from someone who has never shot one i ASSume....

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey.......I seem to recall a small informal shoot up at Mark's where every pistol seemed to be failure central. :rolleyes:

I did not want to jack a thread, so i did this.

What does the PT stand for as in a PT1911 by Taurus?

PT stands for Pistola Taurus. It was the original designation for their first pistol the PT92. This designation is only given to the auto's and not the revolvers. Hope that helps

Guest jackdm3

Anyone know it Taurus uses exact metal qualities for every gun compared to the originals? For example, my cousin's Kimber (which is an economy/value) was oxidizing on the barrel at the breach within weeks of ownership but without even been fired. I don't want to see this in a Taurus. I'll also consider only a stainless model if we know that the durability of its finish is close to equal to the big boys.

*Repost from Peace's thread, but maybe you guys know.

"A" for your enthusiasm, "F" for your linguistic skills. Not everything is backwards, but some things are.

Corre rapido.

Run fast.

"A" for your enthusiasm, "F" for your linguistic skills. Not everything is backwards, but some things are.

Corre rapido.

Run fast.

Yeah, en Español, adjectives are indeed generally after the noun, but adverbs are also after the verbs, just as en Inglés.

"Pistola" is the same in Portugués and Español.

The difference between Portuguese and Spanish is about the same as between East Tennersee Hillbilly and New York Bronx.

Thus endeth the pedantry. :P

- OS

I'd say the difference is a little bigger than that, but you're on the right track.:D

I spent a month in northern England once, and didn't understand half of what was said to me, and I consider myself almost fluent in English! :P

So are you actually Brazilian?

- OS