Looking for a good carry belt

Sorry, if this is has been addressed I couldnt find anything.

I have a Crossbread Supertuck, carrying an XD 4" 45acp.

I am trying to find a really good belt to support it without having to spend $60 on a belt (I just find it insane to spend that much on a belt!!!)

Any good suggestions???

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
I use an old Dickies belt that I got from K-Mart years ago. I have carried a Sig P226 40 cal w/OWB and never had an issue. It surely was much less than $60.

+1 I used a Dickies Work Belt from Walmart for a long time until the buckle broke.

Guest Bronker

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

Ordered one from him last night. Have read in multiple threads and forums from folks who swear by him.

I've been using a 5.11 Tactical leather belt for a couple of years. Pretty good, but its becoming quite scratched up after holsters, etc. It's not dyed very deep. It's quite abraded.

Guest Jcochran88
Gun Belts by The Belt Man

Ordered one from him last night. Have read in multiple threads and forums from folks who swear by him.

I've been using a 5.11 Tactical leather belt for a couple of years. Pretty good, but its becoming quite scratched up after holsters, etc. It's not dyed very deep. It's quite abraded.

Did you get the elephant(and that is not a fat joke)?

I used a 5.11 leather belt. The edges of the belt are coated and not leather - they will peel. As far as holding a gun - it does an excellent job with the built in stiffner. Ran approx $29.

But you get what you pay for. I soon realized I needed better quality - ordered a Beltman belt. Crossbreed and A&G leather also have good belts.

Guest HexHead

I've been using a Galco cop belt for a couple of years now. I paid $50-60 for it. It's really amazing what a difference a real gun belt makes in comfort.

Guest Bronker
Did you get the elephant(and that is not a fat joke)?

Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back? Making fun of big people?:confused:

And no...I got the bullhide.

Looperlawenforcement.com great belt for 40, leather with kydex in the middle, had mine for 2yrs. If ya don't like it you can send it back, no problem. But you will like it.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions....

I just bought the one from looperlawenforcement.com the look great and its about what I wanted to pay. Hopefully it will be as awesome as I think it will be..

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Guest stovepipe

The Looper looks nice!

For the last 10-12 years I have used the Aker B21 Belts (1-1/2") carrying a full frame auto. Has a poly stiffener, and is not too bulky. Does a great job for a reasonable price. You can find them easily on line for about $40 (I think I got my last one from Cop Quest)

http://www.akerleather.com/pages/concealment_other.htm

Edited by stovepipe
Wow the beltman's belts are really nice (from the website anyway) but man now I'm up to $80 not down below 60....:o

My wife aint gonna go for that (maybe if i got her a new gun purse at the same time?)

Rob:__________

The" gun purse" for the misses aint a bad idea!! I like the beltmans stuff too. Take a look at this belt too ----from Wilderness Tactical. I have a couple of them (5 stitch) 1 3/4 that i use with my dungarees every day. They are great. A little bit less costly alternative to a good leather belt.

Wilderness Tactical 5-Stitch Instructor Belt 1-3/4" Nylon - MidwayUSA

Their direct website address is: www.thewilderness.com/ they deliver fast if midway doesnt have them.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

LEROY

I am saving up to get a Milt Sparks contoured belt ... yup, it is a bit more expensive, in the meantime I will wait and use what I got.

I learned the hard way a long time ago that a good quality tool is much more inexpensive in the long run and provides years of reliable service. The time and money you lose when it does not perform or break when you need it the most kills any savings you incur.

Another technique that I use quite effectively is after I done my research and start saving for the purchase is that I start shopping used market channels. If I come across it while saving, I usually save up to 60% of the purchase price. With the internet resources being what they are today, there are some great deals to be uncovered. You can't find them if you are not looking for them.

I am lucky to get two years service out of a standard leather belt used with a holster. The tanning process on most dress and work belts today is designed to make the leather soft and pliable, plus most belts today are made in China and are constructed out of two or more layers glued together. (bonded leather) Sometimes the label says it, more often than not it doesn't.

I had a couple of belts that were thrown away with less than a year's wear on them because the leather turned brittle and cracked. And those were never used with a holster, just work and formal dress styles. They looked pretty ... but they sure as heck did not last.