M&P .45

Guest 10mm4me

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spoolie
if you only need to shoot 7 bad guys you are good to go.

Everyone needs a high capacity service pistol

Average person will never "need" anything more than that dude. If your service weapon has a capacity of more than that, you need to move from that area. If you're still that adamant then carry an extra magazine.

the average person will never need a gun period, ever.

My comment is tongue in cheek.

but I will take the xd45 over a 1911 everyday of the week.

Extra clip gives me 27 rounds total with one in the tube. Zombies dude, don't ever let the guard down.

Guest spoolie

OH...sorry I didn't know we were talking hypothetically...I need to purchase a "zombie" gun soon. On this forum I usually try to stay serious, on the other places I'm a **** stirrer.

Guest rystine

M&P's are top notch combat tupperware. I've got two and have never had a problem with either, I wouldn't hesitate to get more. Like others have said, the XD45 is worth looking at also.

There's nothing wrong with 1911's either, everyone should have one in their collection eventually. Just remember that for the price of one decent 1911 you can get an M&P45, a decent holster, a few spare mags, and a few hundred rounds of ammo. Something to think about.

Anybody have anything to say...Good,Bad,or Ugly about the S&W M&P .45.

It’s too big. I love the M&P’s (as far as Tupperware goes) I have owned four and have two 40,s in full and Compact now.

I really wanted the .45 to complete my set, but when handing it at the store I just couldn’t justify it.

It’s bigger and fatter than my 1911. I wouldn’t carry it and it isn’t going to outperform my 1911’s at the range; so I couldn’t justify it for anything but home protection.

If I wasn’t into 1911’s I would have one; they are nice.

on the other places I'm a **** stirrer.

I am not stirring the doo doo. I am entertaining myself.

I have a 1911 and it goes bang everytime. I just see it as more of a toy.

Really to me it is a no brainer. Carry the 1911 or carry the XD. Simple choice.

But heck thats the fun of guns, pick what you like. They make lots.

You should always have, no more than one arms length away, a means to defend yourself

Wholeheartedly agree, tonight it is a Mosin Nagant with the bayonet extended.

Actually for zombies I prefer the M1 Carbine. But that is a topic for another subforum.

Well, I think I will pick one up 2morrow with a full range report to follow soon.I am 6'5" 250, so I am going to get the full size, long slide version w/front/rear slide serrations.

in all seriousness be sure to check out compact models. The full size service models are not so easy to conceal in warm weather, where a smaller grip would be.

Just some food for thought.

I've found out the hard way recently that the M&P's have a problem with their striker design, they may break their striker if you dry fire them, snap caps or not (contacted S&W and am waiting for my new striker... I'll be trading mine for a loss to go back to a Glock).

Stinks, I really like 'em, just don't want to own a gun I'm not allowed to dry fire.