Glock 27. Keep or sell?

Erik88

I have Glock 27 that I'm unsure what to do with. We got it used from a LEO for a steal a few years ago but I don't really care for the way it feels or the recoil. I'm still trying to find a gun for EDC and I'm looking at the Springfield XD SC 9mm. If I did decide to sell it what do you think is a fair price? It has some minor holster wear. Comes with 2 magazines and a kydex style holster. Do you think $425 is a good asking price?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No,

Not if it has some holster wear. The only real way to know for sure though what it is worth is to check with a gun shop owner, they should have a blue book of guns giving various conditions with prices that match those conditions. They should be able to give you a pretty good value as to what it is worth.

What a piece of crap, I'll do you a favor and I'll give you $100 for it, I'd give you $125 except I hate the .40's :D

Seriously though, bet you could get at least $450, Glocks don't lose much of their value...

A used Gen3 G27 w/minor holster wear in perfect working order w/2 mags sold privately is worth $350-$400 tops!!!!

No way, might only be worth that to YOU, but just try finding a used Glock subcompact... Summitgunbroker has the lowest prices on used Glocks but we're talking full-size duty guns, traded in to a shop you could expect 350-400 but sold privately $475 is average for a compact or subcompact Glock.

With MINOR holster wear it is worth around $425-$450.00 if it has 2 Hi-cap mag and box.

With NO holster wear and "slightly" used with box and 2 Hi-Cap mags. it is worth about $475

NIB it is $500.....

I've sold 2x G27, and my brothers G33 all brought $475-$500

None of them had any holster wear. The G33 had 65 rounds through it.

The G27 was new, and the other G27 was bought used but showed very little wear.

If it just has 1 mag, and no box it is about $425 TOPS...

Full size Glocks bring $25-$50 LESS than subcompact.

Guest 10mm4me

No way.A Glock bought brand new, then sold privately is worth about $450.An older used Glock with holster wear, and it takes alot to cause holster wear on a Glock, is worth $350-$400.You can buy a Glock new from G&L for $490 before tax.And don't be adding taxes on your values because you are not the federal gov't and you are not a retail store that has to charge tax.Alot of people are greedy and alot of people on here get ripped off.I see people on here selling used Glocks for $550 and I even saw one guy on here who bought a Glock from a dealer for $720.and wanted to trade it for something of equal value.I sold 2 brand new in the box Glocks last wek and the week b4.Both went for $450.Yeah I lost about $100 after paying retail and tax but I got back what it was worth and someone got a good deal.Honesty seems to be a lacking attribute in todays society.

No way.A Glock bought brand new, then sold privately is worth about $450.An older used Glock with holster wear, and it takes alot to cause holster wear on a Glock, is worth $350-$400.You can buy a Glock new from G&L for $490 before tax.And don't be adding taxes on your values because you are not the federal gov't and you are not a retail store that has to charge tax.Alot of people are greedy and alot of people on here get ripped off.I see people on here selling used Glocks for $550 and I even saw one guy on here who bought a Glock from a dealer for $720.and wanted to trade it for something of equal value.I sold 2 brand new in the box Glocks last wek and the week b4.Both went for $450.Yeah I lost about $100 after paying retail and tax but I got back what it was worth and someone got a good deal.Honesty seems to be a lacking attribute in todays society.

They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. I've seen a ton of used glocks sell for over $450. I'm not saying it's okay to rip someone off but if you can get $475 then why not take it.

Back to the original post, I pretty sure you could get $425 depending on how bad the holster wear is.

unless you are using the funds to buy the XD then hold on to it until you know that you're comfortable with the new purchase. At this point and time, even though you don't care for how it feels, you are probably somewhat used to it.

If you decide to keep the XD then weigh out whether selling the 27 is best or keeping it until you find something else to have as a backup.

Just my .02

Guest HexHead

I didn't want to crap on his sale thread, especially since it was already sold, but he included a scan of his receipt and part of that $720 was $125 for two HCP courses. The douche was including that in the cost of his gun!

:lol:

They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. I've seen a ton of used glocks sell for over $450. I'm not saying it's okay to rip someone off but if you can get $475 then why not take it.

Back to the original post, I pretty sure you could get $425 depending on how bad the holster wear is.

The holster wear isn't that bad. I like to think of it as "honest wear"... Im going to hold onto it for a few weeks until i figure out what my next purchase is going to be. In the meantime I might ask $400 for it and see what happens.

if i didn't already have one and was looking, i'd be pretty happy to find one for 425...

that said, i do have one and it was a great EDC.

however, the best EDC is the one that works for YOU...

and if you hit better and like the fit finish and feel of the XD, then that's the one for you.

i also have the XDsc, and honestly i hit better, faster and more instinctively with it.

it now my EDC. :lol:

Guest 10mm4me
I didn't want to crap on his sale thread, especially since it was already sold, but he included a scan of his receipt and part of that $720 was $125 for two HCP courses. The douche was including that in the cost of his gun!

:lol:

Is there no shame anymore.

Guest HexHead
I have Glock 27 that I'm unsure what to do with. We got it used from a LEO for a steal a few years ago but I don't really care for the way it feels or the recoil. I'm still trying to find a gun for EDC and I'm looking at the Springfield XD SC 9mm. If I did decide to sell it what do you think is a fair price? It has some minor holster wear. Comes with 2 magazines and a kydex style holster. Do you think $425 is a good asking price?

Just get a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and a couple of mags for it.

Guest JHatmaker
The holster wear isn't that bad. I like to think of it as "honest wear"... Im going to hold onto it for a few weeks until i figure out what my next purchase is going to be. In the meantime I might ask $400 for it and see what happens.

This thread is coming very close to looking like a "for sale thread". While asking what a gun is worth is allowed in the Handguns Forum, you may not post sale ads here. By stating an asking price in this particular post, vs letting others offer their opinions only, you've effectively turned your thread into an ad. Being a new member, and possibly not understanding the rules of TGO.com, this could very well be an accident on your part.

In the future, you may NOT post a dollar amount for a gun you're thinking about selling unless you post a legitimate thread in the For Sale/Trade Section of the Classifieds, for which you need to be a Benefactor (premium member). Thank you for your cooperation, and Welcome to TGO :screwy:

Closing the thread since you've gotten your answers.