What do you do?

Guest bubbatruck

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't ride a motorcycle but I do know the answer to the non-reciprocal states. The Firearm Owners Prection Act of 1986 allows for the transport of a firearm across state lines providing that 1) The weapon is unloaded 2) It is locked in a compartment without easy access (locked saddle bags should suffice) 3) It is legal to possess in both the state of origin and the state of destination 4)You make no non-emergency stops (getting gas is OK but not staying in a hotel over-night).

Hope this helps.

mouse gun in the pocket or normal carry weapon OWB. shirttail out flappin in the wind.. sidearm shows, who really cares. If I travel to a non carry state I disarm and put the gun in a case in one saddle bag and clip in seperate saddle bags.

Guest bubbatruck
I don't ride a motorcycle but I do know the answer to the non-reciprocal states. The Firearm Owners Prection Act of 1986 allows for the transport of a firearm across state lines providing that 1) The weapon is unloaded 2) It is locked in a compartment without easy access (locked saddle bags should suffice) 3) It is legal to possess in both the state of origin and the state of destination 4)You make no non-emergency stops (getting gas is OK but not staying in a hotel over-night).

Hope this helps.

4)You make no non-emergency stops (getting gas is OK but not staying in a hotel over-night)

Would be kind of hard to start in southern Cal and go to Wa and not spend a night in a motel

4)You make no non-emergency stops (getting gas is OK but not staying in a hotel over-night)

Would be kind of hard to start in southern Cal and go to Wa and not spend a night in a motel

If those are your states of origin and destination, then you're scewed anyway. Sorry, but you simply can not carry legally under those conditions.

I have never rode through a state where a TN permit is not honored, but if I did I would unload the weapon and put it in one saddlebag and the ammo in the other.

When I was talking to a Natchez Trace Parkway ranger, he said that would be good enough for him. Now if I was in IL I might field strip the handgun.

mouse gun in the pocket or normal carry weapon OWB. shirttail out flappin in the wind.. sidearm shows, who really cares. If I travel to a non carry state I disarm and put the gun in a case in one saddle bag and clip in seperate saddle bags.

What he said. I do try to keep it covered but I'm not obsessive about it.

Guest Muttling

Same way I carry everywhere else.

Typically a j-frame that is IWB on my right hip. If I'm wearing a coat and don't plan to take it off, OWB with a medium sized automatic.

Guest AlzRuger

I ride in a number of states, and I carry on the motorcycle just like I do everyday. States that do not allow my rights, I make great efforts to stay out of, and spend my money in states that do....Illinois,,,,,,can't think of a reason to ever go there. Just my opinion.