Where can i shoot near Murfreesboro?

spookboy

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon
do they have a rifle range? and why in the heck cant a RESPONSIBLE person go into the woods and shoot off some rounds?

I'm with you on this one sboy. In California you can do it but not here. I see the argument against shooting on public land but I just don't buy into it. You can hunt on public land so why are you only allowed to shoot there if you've got a moving target?

• Moderators
do they have a rifle range? and why in the heck cant a RESPONSIBLE person go into the woods and shoot off some rounds?

They have pistol, rifle and archery ranges.

As far as "responsible" people & public land, I live in Memphis so...'nuff said.

So if its PRIVATE land then im good?

I'm with you on this one sboy. In California you can do it but not here. I see the argument against shooting on public land but I just don't buy into it. You can hunt on public land so why are you only allowed to shoot there if you've got a moving target?

Same with me, in FL its ok if your outside city limits,you can shoot all day, thats all that matters there.

kinda strange...

Edited by spookboy
Guest mosinon
So if its PRIVATE land then im good?

Oh yeah, on private land you can shoot all you want as long as it isn't in city limits or something. I'm sure there are a few more rules than that but if you've got enough land you're good to go.

I've been to Stones River a number of times. It's a great place to sight in a rifle!

But I wasn't aware, that you couldn't shoot on public land, unless you were hunting?

You learn something new every day.

Zulu Cowboy

Edited by Zulu Cowboy
Guest mosinon
I've been to Stones River a number of times. It's a great place to sight in a rifle!

But I wasn't aware, that you couldn't shoot on public land, unless you were hunting?

You learn something new every day.

Zulu Cowboy

I usually shoot at Norris range and it is really great but when I got interested in guns I thought you could just go to public land and blast away as long as you were careful. TGO taught me otherwise.

I did toy with the idea of contacting my state sens and reps about this but everyone was so skeptical I gave up on the idea. You check the thread out here

Stones River is getting worse everytime I go. Not the RSO's or the range, but the patrons. It's getting to the point where I fear I might get shot. Yesterday we had Rambo and his buddy next to us with there brand new AR-15. The guy was swinging it around, touching it when the line was cold, had no idea how to operate it, didn't know you could lock the bolt, just a scary guy. I'm starting to see more and more of this same thing each time I go. The pistol range seems to be even worse. Last time I was over there we had Johnny-Gangbanger showing his buddy how to shoot a high-point. Needless to say the RSO put a stop to it. He had the gangbanger aim, and the clothes to go with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have a friend, who has a buddy we got to shoot on his land once, but kinda hard to get all 3 of us together at once.

Does anyone have any land that they wanna shoot on sometime? i could pay$$, or offer coyote, wild pig, or any other vermin exterminitation in trade if need be :D or good old fashoned work!

I just want to find some woods with 100 to maybe 300 yards for shooting, sighting in and having SAFE & RESPONSIBLE fun.Camping and hunting if possible, but not neccisary....

I miss being able to just go buy 20 or 30 bucks worth of ammo, drive 20 to 40 mins, shoot an hour or two and come home and clean my girls!!!

:P (Dont tell my girlfriend though, shes jealous that i spend so much time talkin about or messin with the guns or tgo & tfl already, haha!!)

Anyone help me out on this????

• 2 weeks later...
Stones River is getting worse everytime I go. Not the RSO's or the range, but the patrons. It's getting to the point where I fear I might get shot. Yesterday we had Rambo and his buddy next to us with there brand new AR-15. The guy was swinging it around, touching it when the line was cold, had no idea how to operate it, didn't know you could lock the bolt, just a scary guy. I'm starting to see more and more of this same thing each time I go. The pistol range seems to be even worse. Last time I was over there we had Johnny-Gangbanger showing his buddy how to shoot a high-point. Needless to say the RSO put a stop to it. He had the gangbanger aim, and the clothes to go with it.

Agreed. That's why I really like the RSO's there, because they'll put a stop to foolishness as soon as it pops up. Some people complain that they get on your butt for doing innocuous things, but that hasn't been my experience at all. I see them shepherding people with AR's and SKS's and whatever else all the TIME. I once saw a person with a hangfire in a AR try to put the gun up WITH A HOT ROUND STILL IN THE CHAMBER! Range was cold. Luckily a RSO came by and demanded that he leave the weapon on the bench until the range was hot, when they would try to clear the weapon properly.

I'd rather be held to stricter safety standards than get my head blown off by somebody who bought a gun yesterday and some ammo today.