Cleveland IDPA

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having done any IDPA matches yet, what does it mean on the COF when is says (slice the pie)?

When shooting from cover you must engage the targets as you see them, from the outermost to the innermost targets. If you were to draw it on paper it would appear as "pie slices" If you want to shoot on saturday look me up and shoot in my squad, I'll be happy to show you the ropes.

Robin "gunsablazin" M.

When shooting from cover you must engage the targets as you see them, from the outermost to the innermost targets. If you were to draw it on paper it would appear as "pie slices" If you want to shoot on saturday look me up and shoot in my squad, I'll be happy to show you the ropes.

Robin "gunsablazin" M.

Thanks for the offer and the info. It would be a bit of a drive for me since I still live in Maryland. :D Will still be a while before I move to Tn unless I hit the lottery before then. :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest REDDOG79

What do I need to have to get started???? I know i need a holster, pistol, 3 mags, mag carrier eye/ear protection and cover garment. How many rounds do I need to bring and what else should a Noobie bring? I tried to find a FAQ but couldnt find the info i wanted. I am looking forward to trying IDPA out.

I will be shooting my Kimber Pro Carry II and will have a Blackhawk SERPA or a Galco Combat Master

Guest REDDOG79

I personally think my performance in the COF is going to be abysmal but it looks like so much fun. I am going to try not to look stupid but I probably will.

Most local matches are 100 rds. or less, the match at Cleveland this Sat. will use a minimum of 61, bring 150 rds. and you will have plenty in the case of a reshoot on a stage etc. If you have your pistol, 3 mags. eye and ear protection and a concealment vest you should be good to go. It is a good idea to bring some water or snacks etc. We do a new shooter briefing at 9:30, if it's your first match be there for that. We will start setting up the stages around 8:00-30, you are welcome to come early and help set up, this will give you the opportunity to check out the stages and meet some of the regulars. All shooters should remember that safety is the first priority, whether it's your first match or your 500th match, so don't worry about being a newbie, all of us old hands were newbies at one time too, just be safe and have fun! Let your Safety Officer know it's your first match and he or she will give you any extra help you need.

Robin

Most local matches are 100 rds. or less, the match at Cleveland this Sat. will use a minimum of 61, bring 150 rds. and you will have plenty in the case of a reshoot on a stage etc. If you have your pistol, 3 mags. eye and ear protection and a concealment vest you should be good to go. It is a good idea to bring some water or snacks etc. We do a new shooter briefing at 9:30, if it's your first match be there for that. We will start setting up the stages around 8:00-30, you are welcome to come early and help set up, this will give you the opportunity to check out the stages and meet some of the regulars. All shooters should remember that safety is the first priority, whether it's your first match or your 500th match, so don't worry about being a newbie, all of us old hands were newbies at one time too, just be safe and have fun! Let your Safety Officer know it's your first match and he or she will give you any extra help you need.

Robin

Guest REDDOG79

Well I have finally shot my first IDPA match and I have no idea how well I did. I shot my Kimber Pro Carry II and it was a whole lot of fun. my scores were:

155.27 with 7.5 sec in penalties

I may try to go to the next shoot at Dodd and Associates next weekend and I am surely going to do the classifier next month I might be out of ammunition by the end of the classifier but hopefully i will be employed by then. This could get expensive ammowise

Looks like we had 57 shooters. I guess the beautiful weather brought out an extra 10-12.

I was happy with the way I shot, just not so happy with my time. I guess that means I need to work on speed and reloading.

Next week at Dodd's will be another opportunity.:shrug:

I might just make the match next month if I'm in town (i drive a truck ) even if its just to watch. I really need to get another mag if I'm to compete I only have two. I was planning on it Saturday , but my wife and I had a day sans children. She already is getting jealous of my shooting habit or rather the time I spend indulging it . So we hung out together instead .