What would you do about this ?

JG55

I would take it apart and try one more time. Be sure the guide rod spring is mounted against the barrel stop correctly. DO NOT pull the trigger when putting it back together. Also remember the end of that little spring goes on top of the slide stop.

Good luck.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I appreciate the help. I have watched the Kahr videos umpteen times. Between me and the dealer I bet we have over 3 hrs trying to get back together. It's really not that hard. I have taken it apart, put it back together again hundreds of times now, still will not go back. Something is making it stop and stick no matter what I do. Hopefully Kahr customer service will have an answer.

Thanks for the all the responses and allowing me to vent/rant.:(

Guys, I appreciate the help. I have watched the Kahr videos umpteen times. Between me and the dealer I bet we have over 3 hrs trying to get back together. It's really not that hard. I have taken it apart, put it back together again hundreds of times now, still will not go back. Something is making it stop and stick no matter what I do. Hopefully Kahr customer service will have an answer.

Thanks for the all the responses and allowing me to vent/rant.:(

Well, for sure follow up once you get it resolved.

Would sure like to know.

- OS

Guest bbtie72

Sorry to hear about your luck. I own several Kahr's and have never had a problem. Hope everything works out well. Please let us know who the dealer is after this comes to conclusion. Also let us know how Kahr customer service treats you. I've never had to use them, but it would be nice to know.

Waited on line for 45 minutes to be told I "it can't happen." Seems they do not believe me and are assuming that I am to ignorant and didn't watch the da*** videos enough to put it back together.

Doesn't matter that I have a PM9 that I can disassemble and reassemble with no issues. Doesn't matter that the dealer couldn't reassemble it. Even though he was able to disassemble and reassemble another PM40 he had for sale.

Refuse to issue a pick-up for it because there is no warranty issue. It is a customer issue. Will issue a rma so I can ship at my expense to put the slide on for me and ship it back.

Called dealer. He is calling Kahr and will get back to me.

Guest dougmcfalls

Send it back to Kahr. After they go through it and fix it you will have a new gun that is 100% reliable. Tell everyone you know who the dealer is and how they treated you. I've had a PM9 for a few years and i love it! Great guns. Kahr has good customer service unlike the dealer you bought the piece from. I just edited this because I missed your post about talking to Kahr. I would box it up and mail it to them with a letter about what happened and ask them to fix it.

Edited by dougmcfalls

Doesn't matter that I have a PM9 that I can disassemble and reassemble with no issues. Doesn't matter that the dealer couldn't reassemble it. Even though he was able to disassemble and reassemble another PM40 he had for sale.

Unbelievable.

I don't think I've ever heard of Kahr CS being that bad about an issue.

Btw, you should have mentioned you already owned a PM9 in the original thread.

Assumed it was your first Kahr.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

After conversation with dealer and with Kahr Customer Service again. Off it goes to Kahr on my dime.....They did say this time if there is a warranty issue they will refund my shipping charges....

I am not a happy gun owner this day...;;;;;

Lesson Learned: when you buy your next gun, have them dis-assemble and re-assemble before you complete the transaction.

There is no reason in hell for me or anyone to have to go through this aggravation with a brand new gun.......

I am sorry to hear of all of the problems associated with a brand new gun.

My only comments would be twofold. First any gun that is so difficult to dissamble and reassemble that it requires extensive instructions and even videos on the procedure, might need a re-thinking on it design.

Second, I can only guess Kahr has taken this step because they must have paid for a lot of guns to be returned only to find it was simply operator error. So now they assume operator error. If yours truly has a problem then hopefully they will be upfront with you about it and repair it or send you another gun at their expense as they alluded to doing.

I do not own a Kahr, but their rep for building quality guns is a pretty good one. Best of luck.

Guest Bronker
After conversation with dealer and with Kahr Customer Service again. Off it goes to Kahr on my dime.....They did say this time if there is a warranty issue they will refund my shipping charges....

I am not a happy gun owner this day...;;;;;

Lesson Learned: when you buy your next gun, have them dis-assemble and re-assemble before you complete the transaction.

There is no reason in hell for me or anyone to have to go through this aggravation with a brand new gun.......

I know exactly what is going on, JG. Of course I'm just now finding this thread, and it's too late!

Like OhShoot said earlier, it happened to me. Turns out...somehow an 'old style version" guide rod / recoil spring assembly made it into my new style PM9 gun that I bought new. There is a HUGE difference in the assemblies. A 10 minute conversation with a Kahr gunsmith, and one new-style guide rod later...she runs like a champ.

PM me if you want the details, and I'll give you a call.

I know exactly what is going on, JG. Of course I'm just now finding this thread, and it's too late!

Like OhShoot said earlier, it happened to me. Turns out...somehow an 'old style version" guide rod / recoil spring assembly made it into my new style PM9 gun that I bought new. There is a HUGE difference in the assemblies. A 10 minute conversation with a Kahr gunsmith, and one new-style guide rod later...she runs like a champ.

PM me if you want the details, and I'll give you a call.

Didn't sound like exactly same symptoms to me, Bronk, but close enough thought I'd mention it in thread.

- OS

There is no reason in hell for me or anyone to have to go through this aggravation with a brand new gun..

That is correct.

I can’t for the life of me understand how a dealer could look at the pistol, not be able to reassemble it either, and then tell you he can’t take it back. I go to that show in Murfreesboro and would like to know who it was so I don’t buy anything from them.

I also can’t understand how Kahr can have both you and the dealer calling them and telling them that the gun has a problem, and still not issuing a shipping label on a one day old gun.

Guest Bronker
Didn't sound like exactly same symptoms to me, Bronk, but close enough thought I'd mention it in thread.

- OS

True that. At one point in the whole perpetual meltdown, it did lock up in the way the OP describes. That's actually what led me to start suspecting that the guide rod was torquing up the barrel lug, thus preventing the slide from cycling.

And I still very much appreciate your help that late night. Between the two of us, we might make a half-way decent arm-chair gunsmith.

JG55 I do hope they find something wrong with it. An no you shouldnt have to do all this to get a new gun working.

But

If it came apart it will go back togather unless something is missing, broke, misplacement or bent.

I went to that show. I'm pretty new to gun shows and firmarms. But this type of experience definately turns me off to wanting to purchase from someone there. I've heard from some friends that these shows are more or less for people to get familiar with what's out there. The deals are elsewhere. But I sincerely hope you get that resolved. And I sympathize with the situation.

CARNIES....small hands....smells like cabbage!

Received back from Kahr:

Replaced slide stop spring, slide back. Polished parts as needed. Test fired.

So unless the work order is code for something else. the gun had a legit problem. But I have not taken it apart yet to be sure...:tinfoil:

have to see if Kahr is going to reimburse me $58 shipping fees..

...So unless the work order is code for something else. the gun had a legit problem. But I have not taken it apart yet to be sure...:tinfoil:

All very strange, as can't imagine how either of those could keep it from racking.

At any rate, yeah, you need to field strip it right away, after all, THAT was where prob arose.

- OS

Talked to Kahr. Not a warranty issue. Seems the slide stop spring can be bent and when thaat happens. Will not rack. They consider that a customer problem as evidently it is easy to bend the spring if not careful. They are sending an extra mag as the gunsmith agrees it is kinda of strange that I can assemble and disassemble my pm9 without problems. I don't remember bending the spring but what can you do.

Any one with a pm series be carefull not to bend that spring..

Saga finished. I will wait until I am in my Happy Place before I try taking it apart and putting it back together again..:P:D:D