Bobcat!

Guest Redneckgizmo

I sell mine to Wal-Mart so they can put them in realistic duck-catching positions.

Nothing like watching a bobcat spring out of the air onto the back of a duck ;).

Almost as good as the cougars out west jumping on the backs of condors and going for a ride. :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner has that mount except it is catching a quail.

Is that a Red Head or a Canvis Back.Sure I spelled it wrong sorry

I've seen a couple of the quail versions and they are pretty neat. My grandfather used to have one in his office. He also had two red foxes that I always thought were beautiful mounts.

Guest malv1
Kinda says alot right there in your first sentence...you are not from Tennessee.

And they are legal to hunt, in season...as are Foxes, Coyotes, Groundhogs, Rabbits, Squirrels, Beavers, Raccoon, Nutria, Crows, Ducks, Deer, Bear, Turkey, Elk, Geese, Quail, Woodcock, Dove, Feral hogs...etc. etc.

Which of these do you object to being hunted??? Or do you just have a soft spot for the Bobcat?

They are a major player in the destruction of our small fur bearers and game birds, as well as the farmers livestock. FWIW

Your logic sir, sounds quite like that of an animal rights activist. IMHO

I am an animal lover overall and I don't hunt BUT I am not opposed to it either. I was just wondering why he shot the bobcat is all, thus me asking if they are nuisance animals here in TN.

The last part about me not wanting them to be shot was just me poking a little fun when asked why I would ask a question like that... :)

Guest malv1
That is where I am coming from. This is a hunting sub-forum of a Gun Forum. I am sure there are members of TGO that do not agree with hunting, and they do no visit this forum due to that reason. I am not into Class 3 weapons, hence therefore I do not post in that area. (Reason I am not into it, is because I am too broke and dumb on the topic)

The state of Tennessee have authorized a season to hunt this animal for a predetermined reason. The animal was harvested legally. Asking why he did this sounds like a "set-up" question.

However learning that you are not from Tennessee, I could see where the confusion would come from in hearing about a person harvesting a Bobcat.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

No worries and I wasn't trying to set anyone up. I just wanted to know what the story behind the shoot was is all. I really like the wild cat family and animals in general but as long as it is on the up and up I have no problems with people hunting what ever floats their boat...

When I asked the question though I had no ulterior motives...

Guest Republican

I took this Bobcat in Jan 2008. It was approx 30 lbs. Biggest one I have ever killed. It was setting in a stump in my field one evening. Shot with a 30.06 from about 150 yards. It ran about 30 yards and dropped. Yes, I had it mounted. :bat:

Bobcat.jpg?t=1268942243

I killed one about 15 years ago. Mainly because I'd had a crappy deer season and It was late in the season. I had it mounted. I've seen several since and have let them all walk. The one I killed was after a squirrel.

Edited by roverboy

I've taken quite a few bobcats around my farm with a rifle and bow. Bobcats are in abundance on my farm, in the thick stuff. I was going to quit hunting them as I had one mounted. Several years ago my neighbors reported to me that they saw a huge bobcat roaming around close to my farm. I didn't think much about it as I wasn't going to hunt them, but this cat walked up when I was deerhunting. I wasn't going to shoot, but he stopped right in front of me at around 75 yards, and I saw how big he was. I got him with my Remington model 7 308. DRT.

I am sure he is somewhere over 30lbs, as my home scale weighed him at 35. My back was hurting that day and I had trouble lifting him for the first pic. The pic with him on the back of my 4 wheeler gives a better look at his size.

When male bobcats get this size, even in Tennessee, they start to hunt small deer.

6bobcat.jpg

IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/

Edited by huntingman