Patriot Safe Company???

Guest adamoxtwo

• 1 month later...
Guest Maxsplat

Adamoxtwo - Did you get your safe yet? how do you like it? any complaints? I'm planing to buy a safe later this year and Patriot seems to be the way I want to go. I found this post when I googled for more info on Patriot safes.

Thanks again

Adamoxtwo - Did you get your safe yet? how do you like it? any complaints? I'm planing to buy a safe later this year and Patriot seems to be the way I want to go. I found this post when I googled for more info on Patriot safes.

Thanks again

Adam sent me a PM when he received it and he loves it as much as I have been loving mine for the last several years :P

Guest Maxsplat
Adam sent me a PM when he received it and he loves it as much as I have been loving mine for the last several years :cheers:

Thanks Willis! Any idea what they charge for taking it down a flight of stairs? I'm planning on putting mine in the basement. I have steps outside so thats a plus. I'm just wondering how I should go about getting it where I want it.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted any thing about Patriot Safe in awhile due to the fact that I have been conducting a little investigative work and wanted to let everyone know what I found out about Patriot Safe/Merlo Safe or any other name that they go by. Here are some of the facts about PS.

One of the owners is Tim Merlos, remember that name for future reference.

The address that PS list on their website is,

sales@patriotsafe.com

17408 Beach Blvd.

Huntington Beach, CA US

Below are pictures of that address in Huntington Beach, CA. Doesn't exactly look like PS is doing much out of that location.

Another point of interest on Merlo Safes website www.merlosafes.com is the phone number of 714.842.2227 which is not a working number anymore. Not really a big deal , but look at the format of the website, see any similar designs from the PS website? Same company, stay with me I'm going some where with this..........

attachment.php?attachmentid=242&stc=1&d=1273217813

Front of building at 17408 Beach Blvd.

attachment.php?attachmentid=241&stc=1&d=1273217813

Next if you happen to be in sunny California and give ole PS a call and ask, "hey can I come over and take a look at your safes" they will say " Our facility is high security and we don't allow visitors" How convenant ! AND if you ask " can I come down and just pick up a safe they use the "High Security" line again. Okay I know you are thinking , hey a safe manufacturer should be careful about who they let in to their facility, right? Well below are a few lines from a shipping document that list good ole Merlo Safes as the receiver of a shipping container from oversea's. Hum, now why would a safe company that says " our safes are made in the USA " need to import 54 safes ??????

BILL OF LADING

COPY

NON-NEGOTIABLE

BILL OF LADING NO.

HNLTNBA0806148AA

SHIPPER

AMPLE ELECTRO-MECHANIC DEVPP CO.,LT

(NINGBO)NO.16 NENJIANG ROAD,DAGANG, INDUSTRY PARK,NINGBO,ZHEJIANG,P.R.CHINA

CONSIGNEE

MERLO SAFES.

HUNTINGTON BEACH CA 92647

NOTIFY PARTY

MERLO SAFES

HUNTINGTON BEACH CA 92647

VOYAGE NO.

VESSEL NAME

CSCL KOBE

PORT OF LOADING

BUSAN

PORT OF DISCHARGE

LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA

DECLARATION OF GOODS

SAFES PO:AP-080326-5 THIS SHIPMENT CONTAINS N

Particulars (1)

CONTAINER NO.

QTY.

DECLARATION OF GOODS (2)

CARGO WEIGHT

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN

CCLU4171620

54 CTN

MERLOSAFES.COM

16236 KG

KOREA

If you dig a little deeper you find another address that Merlo Safes used

7950 ronald rd

Huntington Beach, CA

Again, not much going on at the ole safe plant.

attachment.php?attachmentid=243&stc=1&d=1273219746

I have inspected one of their safes up close at my warehouse and everything that I saw from the cardboard over the safe, the wood on the pallet, the paint finish and the smell of the interior pointed to the safe being made oversea's, even the banding on the box is the same that two other safe companies use on their oversea's manufactured safes.

Well its late, to be continued..................

Next topics : Locks, Fire ratings and Over ride keys, OH MY !

Edited by av88tor
spelling and grammer
Guest Maxsplat

av88tor

I just looked at their website and the adderss' shown are as follows:

(From their about us page: https://www.patriotsafe.com/About-Us_ep_7.html)

sales@patriotsafe.com

16787 Beach Blvd #260

Huntington Beach, CA US

Phone number:

(Found on multiple pages including the home page: https://www.patriotsafe.com/)

(877) 311-1776

(Found on the fire rating and several others page: https://www.patriotsafe.com/Fire-Rating_ep_41.html)

1-877-743-5372

The first address you show:

Patriot Safe Company

17408 Beach Blvd

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

I found on their testimonials page (https://www.patriotsafe.com/Testimonials_ep_45.html)

Now looking at their contact us page (https://www.patriotsafe.com/crm.asp?action=contactus) the address listed is:

Patriot Safe Co. 16787 Beach Blvd #260

Huntington Beach, CA. 92647

US

Get Directions

Phone:

(877)743-5372

From what I can see the information you are posting is from the Warrior gun safe about us page (About Us!). I didn't find anything on there about being made in the US.

The only thing that seems to be interesting to me is I no longer see anything that says their safes are made in the US.

Edit: I called the (877)743-5372 number and asked the person on the phone where the safes are made. He told me Huntington Beach Ca.

Edited by Maxsplat
New information

If you call PS and ask them if their safes are made in the USA, their reply will always be yes. Ask them if you can come by their offices and take an look at a safe, the answer will be no. If they have nothing to hide they should be more than happy to show you a safe if you are in the Huntington Beach area. As for the manufacturing plant being located in HB, they told me their plant was in San Bernardino, CA. Sounds a little fishy to me...................

"From what I can see the information you are posting is from the Warrior gun safe about us page (About Us!). I didn't find anything on there about being made in the US.

The only thing that seems to be interesting to me is I no longer see anything that says their safes are made in the US."

Thats the thing about PS they know how to play around the edges of the truth. I will post more in the future about other shady claims they make about their safes. More to follow............

• 11 months later...

If you want to look at a Patriot up close and personal and see how cheap they are, just come down to our show room and I would be happy to show you one with the door panel off so you can see for your self how cheaply they are made. AND show you why they are not made in the USA?

Darrell............. When did you become the largest safe distributor in the Southeast???? Guess you can put anything on the internet.......................

Guest adamoxtwo

Down with Patriot Safe!!!!! Apparently Av88tor is the man and not only knows all but also has the best inventory in the world!!! You rock!

Down with Patriot Safe!!!!! Apparently Av88tor is the man and not only knows all but also has the best inventory in the world!!! You rock!

I'm sorry that the facts are getting in the way of your argument ! Never said I "knew" everything , far from it ! I'm just not afraid to raise the BS flag when needed. If you notice I give facts about the PS safe and actually bought one and took it apart to see how it was made. That reinforced my opinion about the poor quality of the safe and its features. I have also traveled to CA to check out their operation and it seemed pretty shady, lots of smoke and mirrors.

But look Adam, if you are happy with your PS safe thats great , I have said enough about this issue , on to more positive issues.

av88tor thanks for the reply. Im stuck between amsec browning sturdy and fort knox! what would you recommend?

Not a fan of the Sturdy, but all of the rest are good safes. Fort Knox is a little pricey compared to the others but a good safe. Browning has the best features and best warranty in the industry. Amsec is also a good safe, prefer their BF line over the SF and TF.

MB

Guest safes

Well Mr. Mark, guess we better hope I don't move to Nashville; then we would see who has the most safes in their warehouse. However, I did not join the TGO to bad mouth you or your business so I hope you can keep your comments about mine to yourself, please. As for the issue with Fort Knox, you are not a dealer with them so therefore you do not know all the facts about them. Yes, Browning has some very good features but not the best warranty. On to the subject of me being the largest distributor in the Southeast. If this offends you in any way I'll have my brother-in-law change it on our website so that it will say we are ONE of the largest distributors in the Southeast. So that you can put on your website that you are the largest LOL Guess YOU really can put anything on the internet.......................

Guest adamoxtwo
wow, reading this thread was frikin brutal !With that said ,I am planning to stop by the safe house this week for a gander. Adamoxtwo, are you still satisfied with your purchase?

I am very happy with my safe. Smaller then I wanted but that's always the case. I am of the opinion that there are a lot of great safes out there and I will not sit here and say that Patriot turns out the best safes known to man, because all safes are made for different reasons. You either want fire rating or Security. What I have seen is people look at finding the happy median. You can find great options at the safe house and I'm sure you will. Good luck with your purchase.

Well Mr. Mark, guess we better hope I don't move to Nashville; then we would see who has the most safes in their warehouse. However, I did not join the TGO to bad mouth you or your business so I hope you can keep your comments about mine to yourself, please. As for the issue with Fort Knox, you are not a dealer with them so therefore you do not know all the facts about them. Yes, Browning has some very good features but not the best warranty. On to the subject of me being the largest distributor in the Southeast. If this offends you in any way I'll have my brother-in-law change it on our website so that it will say we are ONE of the largest distributors in the Southeast. So that you can put on your website that you are the largest LOL Guess YOU really can put anything on the internet.......................

Darrell,

Did I hit a nerve? I never have said that I'm the largest safe distributor in the southeast, I just know that you are not the largest distributor and if you were I would not care. As for not being a Fort Knox dealer, that doesn't mean I don't know about the safes and their features and warranty , I don't sell them by choice BUT if you read my post about them I have never said they are not a good safe or a good company, SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT ? I'm not attacking you Darrell just correcting your statement about being the largest distributor in the southeast. As for Browning / Prosteel safes , they do have one of the best warranties in the safe industry, how do I know this , well just call most of the major safe manufacturers in the country and ask them who does their service and warranties in the Nashville area, The Safe House. So we do know a lot about who has the best warranties and how they stand behind their safes and how well they are built, yes including Fort Knox.

Edited by av88tor
Guest safes

So Sorry Mark. I forgot you are a KNOW IT ALL, even if you don't sell it. As for me i am not going to say i know all the features of someones safe i don't sell. I am sorry someone is not there in Nashville to help you with all that service work. Like i said you'd better pray i don't get the chance to move, you might get a little help. This is all i have to say. FYI Winchester safes are made in China in case you don't know but its ok if they buy it from you.