Please Look and Help

Guest Glock23ForMe

So I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Exactly. Like trigger finger use; all of us would say first pad. The Marines taught my son second pad, after your first knuckle. He did head shots at 500 yds. after that change. I tried it; it definitely works.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend skipping the High Noon and checking out these:VersaClip - Custom Carry Concepts,LLC

I've had the High Noon Bare Asset before and I didn't feel comfortable carrying with one in the chamber in it at all, maybe for other guns, but not for "safe-action" Glocks and M&P's and such, just too thin and flimsy (think of what might happen if you hopped into your car/truck and the seat belt button/clip caught you just right...). You won't be able to use the Bare Asset at any gun matches either if you ever want to as they collapse totally and no one's going to want to be around you, cringing as you re-holster chambered into a holster like that...

The CCC Vesaclip at $20 has a full covered trigger guard in kydex and is easy on and easy off for running errands that require going to places that are posted throughout the day... honestly think it's one of the best holsters out there because of being able to do this. Spend a little more with them on one of their other slightly pricier models and you'll end up with something better than what $80+ will get you from Crossbreed, Comptac, or Blade-tech.

Edited by CK1
I'd recommend skipping the High Noon and checking out these:VersaClip - Custom Carry Concepts,LLC

I've had the High Noon Bare Asset before and I didn't feel comfortable carrying with one in the chamber in it at all, maybe for other guns, but not for "safe-action" Glocks and M&P's and such, just too thin and flimsy (think of what might happen if you hopped into your car/truck and the seat belt button/clip caught you just right...). You won't be able to use the Bare Asset at any gun matches either if you ever want to as they collapse totally and no one's going to want to be around you, cringing as you re-holster chambered into a holster like that...

The CCC Vesaclip at $20 has a full covered trigger guard in kydex and is easy on and easy off for running errands that require going to places that are posted throughout the day... honestly think it's one of the best holsters out there because of being able to do this. Spend a little more with them on one of their other slightly pricier models and you'll end up with something better than what $80+ will get you from Crossbreed, Comptac, or Blade-tech.

The bare asset is not intended to be used for competition purposes and I highly doubt you would have to worry about accidental discharge. However, I will agree that 1 handed holstering will be next to impossible and with a Glock I would be nervous as well. My EDC has a thumb safety so I don't have that issue. That option looks good for safety but looks very uncomfortable. Best of luck with your decision.

I also recommend the Blackhawk Serpa CQC, with the right clothes in the winter it is concealable. Summer, far less likely

Hard focus on the front sight. Smoooooth trigger press.

Every time you prepare to fire your weapon, imagine the Venezuelan national pistol champion standing behind you and yelling this in a thick south american accent loud enough for the whole range to hear. At least thats what I do. And it works for me. :eek:

Had that guy as a range master out at Front Sight last year. For some reason I shot a lot better when he was standing behind me, watching my shot placement while yelling those commands for the entire group I was training with to hear.

As others have said, your current shot placement will pass the HCP course. Just remember not to be in a rush. There isn't time pressure, so relax and take your time.

I'd suggest getting some professional instruction when you can. It makes a big difference.

Guest Glock23ForMe

So... went and did the HCP test today... The guy that runs it was the coolest guy ever, honestly, and if anyone wants to get their HCP and lives in the Murfreesboro area, PM me and I'll give you his phone number, super cool guy and fixed my bad habit(s) in about 45 seconds...

So... went and did the HCP test today... The guy that runs it was the coolest guy ever, honestly, and if anyone wants to get their HCP and lives in the Murfreesboro area, PM me and I'll give you his phone number, super cool guy and fixed my bad habit(s) in about 45 seconds...

Congrats!

Now you just have to wait it out at the DMV and get printed and you're good to go!

Guest Glock23ForMe

Thanks...

Went to the DMV this morning... I had 1 person in front of me... Thank God for that.... Did all the paperwork and got my picture taken, then, drove 2 blocks to where the fingerprinting place was and waited for 20 minutes for them to realize I was there to get them to swipe my fingers across that crappy little expensive machine they have. SO... all in all... 2 Hrs and $115 bucks... Now, I already want it to be here... but the waiting game begins... :cool::cry::D