Good Gunshops in Knoxville

Guest RGL01

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RGL01

Wow! Thanks everyone. One day away from my computer and 25 responses. I'll break out my notebook and start writing all these down. Much obliged! :rolleyes:

Guest RGL01
Don't forget about Mike's in Tazwell. Great service and knows his guns too.
:rolleyes:+3 for Sevier indoor range. The staff is super nice and knowledgeable plus they have the nicest indoor range I've ever been to.

I've never had a problem at Gunny's or Coal Creek for that matter although Coal Creek should do something about that range...

These two sound like a good start to me. Sevierville Indoor Range is a little south but not too much, and since I'll be commuting up to LMU-DCOM Tazewell is just fine. I guess I'll check out J-Floyds in Servierville too while I'm down there. Really interested in picking up a FNP-45 USG.

I know Long Island NY and it's gunshops like the back of my hand, but since I'm new to the Knoxville area I really appreciate all the input and help you guys are giving me.

Edited by RGL01
Guest Smith653

+4 for Sevier Indoor range. these guys are great to deal with. I bought my gsg5 there, and you could'nt ask for better service, very polite, great prices. I plan on dealing with them in the future. also South Clinton pawn, very good people and prices. CCA- will never step foot in there again. Me and my son went in with money in pocket, ready to buy, no service whatsoever, that night was on TGO and talked with sevier indoor range,and bought gsg5 the next day.

Guest RGL01
+4 for Sevier Indoor range. these guys are great to deal with. I bought my gsg5 there, and you could'nt ask for better service, very polite, great prices. I plan on dealing with them in the future. also South Clinton pawn, very good people and prices. CCA- will never step foot in there again. Me and my son went in with money in pocket, ready to buy, no service whatsoever, that night was on TGO and talked with sevier indoor range,and bought gsg5 the next day.

Good to hear.

Guest The Highlander

Where is Sevierville Indoor Range?

I used to go to J.Floyd's when it was Wynn's (I think). Bought some Carhart stuff and Leupold binocs, but I was never impressed with their firearm prices. Something about walking through the golf stuff to get to the guns...

Guest Bluemax

I used to go to J.Floyd's when it was Wynn's (I think). Bought some Carhart stuff and Leupold binocs, but I was never impressed with their firearm prices. Something about walking through the golf stuff to get to the guns...

Go past Sevier Cty High, Turn rt on Pittman Ctr, First Rt then immediate left..actually you may be better off using mapquest but SIR's prices are usually worth it

Guest RGL01

Golf stuff? :D

Guest chevy garage

Bill's Outpost is my #1 pick by far. Bill is all about serving his customers and saving them a dollar. He has a great selection of handguns, long-guns, knives, fishing gear, ammo. He is a Glock, Kahr Arms dealer and should be getting a shipment of the them in this week. He currently carries Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Beretta, Taurus, Springfield Armory, Kel-tec, among others. I was in there this past Saturday and he had a Ruger LCR, Taurus Judge, Kel-Tec P11, Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9MM. He also had several Tactical Shotguns on the wall. His ammo selection/prices are by far the best around. He is also a Champion Gun Safe dealer. Great guy and excellent customer service, prices, selection.

"Good Gunshops in Knoxville"

I thought this was a joke thread, like the world's shortest books:

"French War Victories"

"The Code of Ethics for Lawyers"

"The Amish Phone Book"

"Vacations in Detroit"

and the like.

- OS

I don't live there, but thats funny right there.:rofl::wave::hyper:

Guest 70below

I vote for Austin's, its the only place in the area that I usually don't feel like I'm walking into a room a schmucks. Since I first went there he has grown the stock humbly, but it seems like he's growing it at a reasonable and respectable pace, and won't end up flashing up and then shutting down.

Mike always makes me feel like I'm getting a fair price, and I don't ever regret giving him the business after the fact. There are things that I want that he can't get me at a price I'm willing to pay, and others that I feel like I got a great price. Just like anywhere, some items he has a good vendor or has gotten a great deal he can pass along, some things or times he doesn't. But I usually give him the chance to get my business first.

Guest tnvolfan

I have a question about Bill's Outpost in Alcoa: was it the place (kinda small) that was closed for awhile because the owner had an accident or was sick? Is this place kind of difficult to get to? I would like the phone number or address if we are talking about a different place because I'd like to see it. No one here mentioned W. D. Sporting Goods on Alcoa Hwy (about 1.5 miles past the Armory on the right). They have a decent selection, and avg. prices. They usually have avg prices on ammo, too. I bought a Bersa Thunder there, but paid about $20 too much for it. As far as indoor ranges go, no question that Sevier Indoor Range is a pure Cadillac range -- beautiful. I wish CCA would spend a little money improving theirs, but it's VERY convenient for me and that's hard for anyone else to beat at this time. I'm looking forward to seeing the Frontier Firearms range, but I wonder how it will compare for price.

We're lucky to have so many choices in the Knoxville area.

Guest chevy garage

Bill's Outpost number is 865-981-5400. He is located in the New Midland Plaza in Alcoa 209 N. Calderwood Street Alcoa,TN 37701. He opened in the fall and has not been closed due to illness. Must be another shop you are thinking about. Check him out, you will be impressed.

Guest mosinon
Basevol, simply put- I've never felt like Coal Creek wanted my business. Their employees are generally condescending and disinterested in anything except talking amongst themselves and to their select group of mall-ninja comrades. I truly wish it wasn't the case- I live about 10 minutes from Coal Creek and would love to have a good working relationship with them.

Weird, that has been my feeling as well when I went in there. I went in there a few times and one guy was really nice (I used the range) but most everyone else was not exactly friendly.

I guess they don't have to be, there folks in there using the range and so forth so just one more guy isn't a big difference.

Guest m&pc9

The last couple of times I bought from a gun shop I drove up to Tri Cities Gun Depot. They were about 25% less than any one in Knoxville. And it not that bad of a drive.

Guest smileyguy

My experiences:

My favorite local is Frontier Firearms - decent selection, decent prices, GOOD service. Can't wait for the new store in 5-6weeks.

South Clinton Pawn Shop - Surprisingly big selection of handguns, service seems good.

Person Defense Options - Went their once when it first opened. Not much of a selection. That may have changed since the one time I went.

Gunny's - Service is good. Selection is so-so. A little pricey.

Coal Creek - I think this may have been said already. Service not so good. It's a shame because I live about 3 miles from them.

Gander Mnt - You'll pay $100 too much for a handgun. They are actually competatively priced on their shotguns, but I prefer to stick with the small shops.

There are also a lot of good folks that come to the gunshows. JC Firearms from Bristol, T&T way out in Selmer, and alot of others whos names I can't remember, but recognize at every show.

Guest The Highlander

I second Tri-Cities Gun Depot in Elizabethton. Great guys, good prices.

My only complaint is that I have no idea what the phone number is. They got cute and their sign says "543-GUNS." That only works on a landline phone. I have a cell, and have no freakin' idea what the number might be! My cell has a qwerty keyboard, so spelling it out is useless.

The Highlander

I vote for Austin's, its the only place in the area that I usually don't feel like I'm walking into a room a schmucks. Since I first went there he has grown the stock humbly, but it seems like he's growing it at a reasonable and respectable pace, and won't end up flashing up and then shutting down.

Mike always makes me feel like I'm getting a fair price, and I don't ever regret giving him the business after the fact. There are things that I want that he can't get me at a price I'm willing to pay, and others that I feel like I got a great price. Just like anywhere, some items he has a good vendor or has gotten a great deal he can pass along, some things or times he doesn't. But I usually give him the chance to get my business first.

I put a Glock in layaway at Austin's yesterday.

Guest SUNTZU

Apparently I'm an Elite Super Tactical Mall Ninja because I like CCA. I've bought several guns from there. Jonathan resolved an issue I had after I told him about it. I know, it sounds weird to do that but it was the first thing I could think of doing to fix the problem.