Good Gunshops in Knoxville

Guest RGL01

Apparently I'm an Elite Super Tactical Mall Ninja because I like CCA. I've bought several guns from there. Jonathan resolved an issue I had after I told him about it. I know, it sounds weird to do that but it was the first thing I could think of doing to fix the problem.

I don't know if you're a "Elite Super Tactical Mall Ninja", maybe you are. But, you are one of the people who have actually been here.

And, yes. Yes you have had problems with us and we have handled them. Why were they handled? Because you acted like an adult and made your issues known so they could be resolved. Same thing with Seaslug. He had some issues, he spoke up and we took care of him too.

See people, it's all about communication.

If there is something amiss let us know.

See a price that's too high? Let us know.

Someone on staff is being rude? Let ME know and I'll fire them on the ****ing spot.

There is no way that we can make everyone happy all the time. But I am willing to go the extra length to make you as happy as you will let me and as happy as you will let yourself be.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Highlander

JWP, never been in your store, but that sure sounds like the way to do business to me. As a business owner myself, I'm very well aware that I cannot make everyone like me, my services, or my employees. Some of them just will not let you.

I also appreciate that you are following a thread with negative comments about your business. And listening, and hopefully learning what people are saying. To me that shows a geniune interest in your customers.

Next chance I get, I'll drop by and see what I can see.

I've left more than one mall ninja special operator tacticoool gun shop and I'll probably do it again!

I NOW DO ALL OF MY GUN BUYING AT SEVIER INDOOR RANGE,IT IS THE BEST INDOOR RANGE TO ME IN EAST TN. ALL OF THE PERSONELL AT SID ARE VERY KNOWLEGABLE AND ARE VERY POLITE .CANT BEAT IT, DEAL WITH PEOPLE FACE TO FACE, NOTHING HIDDEN.

Edited by fireken7
I NOW DO ALL OF MY GUN BUYING AT SEVIER INDOOR RANGE,IT IS THE BEST INDOOR RANGE TO ME IN EAST TN. ALL OF THE PERSONELL AT SID ARE VERY KNOWLEGABLE AND ARE VERY POLITE .CANT BEAT IT, DEAL WITH PEOPLE FACE TO FACE, NOTHING HIDDEN.

Welcome to TGO.

Turn your Caps Lock key off, and you'll be even more welcome. :popcorn:

- OS

Guest cheez
I don't know if you're a "Elite Super Tactical Mall Ninja", maybe you are. But, you are one of the people who have actually been here.

And, yes. Yes you have had problems with us and we have handled them. Why were they handled? Because you acted like an adult and made your issues known so they could be resolved. Same thing with Seaslug. He had some issues, he spoke up and we took care of him too.

Someone on staff is being rude? Let ME know and I'll fire them on the ****ing spot.

There is no way that we can make everyone happy all the time. But I am willing to go the extra length to make you as happy as you will let me and as happy as you will let yourself be.

I have actually been there. As a matter of fact I was there about two weeks ago. When I walked in I was the only customer on the floor and there were three people behind the counters. Two of them were talking about some personal issue. I browsed the store for about ten minutes and not one of the guys behind the counter asked if they could help me. Even though I stood drooling over the case with the HK P30 in it. I walked out and drove to Hero Gear and spent the $1250 I had in my pocket. They were glad that I came in their store.

My apologies for not "communicating" with your "sales" people. I was under the impression that they were there to help me even without me having to interrupt their personal conversations.

Guest mikedwood

I took a class with one of the guys from Sevier Indoor Range this weekend and he was real nice and knew his guns and how to use them.

I'd like to get up there and check that place out. I didn't even know they existed till last week.

I have actually been there. As a matter of fact I was there about two weeks ago. When I walked in I was the only customer on the floor and there were three people behind the counters. Two of them were talking about some personal issue. I browsed the store for about ten minutes and not one of the guys behind the counter asked if they could help me. Even though I stood drooling over the case with the HK P30 in it. I walked out and drove to Hero Gear and spent the $1250 I had in my pocket. They were glad that I came in their store.

My apologies for not "communicating" with your "sales" people. I was under the impression that they were there to help me even without me having to interrupt their personal conversations.

Sorry to hear that.

You should have asked for help.

I'm sure one of the idiots prattling on about their latest ingrown toenail would have been more than happy to help you had you asked.

And, $1250? You paid too much. Way too much. Cost on those things is only about $750 or so.

Guest cheez
Sorry to hear that.

You should have asked for help.

I'm sure one of the idiots prattling on about their latest ingrown toenail would have been more than happy to help you had you asked.

And, $1250? You paid too much. Way too much. Cost on those things is only about $750 or so.

Actually what I bought was a Kimber Ultra CDP II with a $100 holster, 2 hats and tax and TICS. Pretty sure I did not pay too much for that stuff.:bat:

I will never ask for help unless you are the only game in town.

Guest Bluemax

Two things

1st +1000 to Sevier Indoor Range

2nd The owner of CCA has spoken up. He's a young guy and although my few visits at CCA were less than stellar, What the hell, I'll give them another shot at my business: but only one more. Competition is good for everybody

Guest Longshot1

Bill's Outpost, Bill's Outpost, Bill's Outpost, Bill's Outpost, Bill's Outpost. Get the picture. These independant guys have a hard time vs. Cabella's , Bass Pro, Gander etc. They need all of our help. Find a good one, brag on them, post them up and we all need to patronize them. If you aren't in the Maryville area pick one in your area and let us know about them. If you go to Walmart or the big guys you are promoting retailers that would rather buy from China than to keep our dollars here. Just my $.02.

I want to make it right.

811752093_dWoTA-M.jpg

Yep, that's what will bring me back in. Sarcasm and condescension. I don't need a hug or a hand-holding party. I do however expect to take priority over an employees only BS-session when I have a question or want to see something behind the counter.

Guest sr20de2

I was glad to see this thread with CCA reading. I have been lurking for a while, but now I am responding.

I bought my first handgun @ CCA with a buddy of mine. I also bought another handgun from them maybe 3 months after that.

In the last 6 months I have been in there maybe 4 times. Each with more than 1000 dollars cash ready to buy only to be ignored by the staff.

One time I settled on a magazine for my Glock and the nice guy ringing me up asked if that would be all and I told him I wanted to buy the Springfield Operator in OD green that I had been looking all over for. But I would rather buy from anyone else that would talk to me and not gossip and play grab ass behind the counter.

PS I went to school with the owner of Bills Outpost. He is a great guy and would do anything for you. Just be straight with him and he will treat you right.

Guest Bluemax

Keep the hugs and hand holding, there are plenty of two bit therapists out there that are cheaper than a gun habit. You want to re vitalise CCA.. have a TGO day, Give a way a few hotdogs and make things fun

Edited by Bluemax
Guest cheez
Two things

1st +1000 to Sevier Indoor Range

2nd The owner of CCA has spoken up. He's a young guy and although my few visits at CCA were less than stellar, What the hell, I'll give them another shot at my business: but only one more. Competition is good for everybody

Yup I am a forgiving person. I have been in CCA a half dozen times in the last year. Each and every time I have hoped things had changed since my prior visit. Each and every time I have been more disappointed than the last time. I will keep stopping in and maybe one day the owner will have woken up and put some people behind the counter that want to make him money.

Bill's Outpost, Bill's Outpost, Bill's Outpost, Bill's Outpost, Bill's Outpost. Get the picture. These independant guys have a hard time vs. Cabella's , Bass Pro, Gander etc. They need all of our help. Find a good one, brag on them, post them up and we all need to patronize them. If you aren't in the Maryville area pick one in your area and let us know about them. If you go to Walmart or the big guys you are promoting retailers that would rather buy from China than to keep our dollars here. Just my $.02.

I completely agree (I usually order from Budsgunshop but I will pay a little more to keep the money local........several of his prices matched Buds!!). I have been in there several times and he is super nice and his prices are as good as any around. I know a few people that have bought from him already..................glad to have a local place here in Maryville that is very customer friendly and priced right!!!

Man, I must be lucky or look like a closet mall ninja, but CCA always treats me right. Every time I walk in the door, either Scott or one of the other employees (I'm bad with names) says hey, asks about the wife, asks if I got the last gun I was talking about getting, etc.

I hate that they get such a bad wrap. And jwp, I assume you are the head honcho who has processed my internet orders for me in the past. Speaking of which, my last internet shipment (M&P15x) was late to arrive and you put it through for me at 10 minutes til close when you were planning on doing it the next day. That's the kind of service I have learned to expect from CCA. Despite what others say, I love CCA and think it sucks that people have had bad experiences there.

These independant guys have a hard time vs. Cabella's , Bass Pro, Gander etc. They need all of our help. Find a good one, brag on them, post them up and we all need to patronize them. If you aren't in the Maryville area pick one in your area and let us know about them. If you go to Walmart or the big guys you are promoting retailers that would rather buy from China than to keep our dollars here. Just my $.02.

There's a new place in Luttrell that doesn't have much stock, but is happy to order anything. He's transferred 3 guns for me. ($25 including TICS for a transfer)

Daniel

The%20Gun%20Shack-.jpg

Guest ktownjack76
I second Tri-Cities Gun Depot in Elizabethton. Great guys, good prices.

The Highlander

I just moved here a few months ago. My Dad had caught the "gun virus" and "unfortunately" gave it to me.:rofl: So, we set out to make a few purchases. After visiting almost every shop in the Knoxville area, he bought his first two pistols from PDO. They were friendly, and very helpful.

Then, I found this great forum! I read about Tri Cities Gun Depot and we decided to drive up and check them out.

When we arrived, we were greeted and made to feel at home. This stood out from most of the shops I had visited. Then, the sticker shock! Their prices were way lower than anything I had seen. We walked out that day with: a Stag AR-15 , Mossberg 500 and some other goodies. Two weeks later we drove back up and came out with two 9mm pistols and a 1911.

I would say that it is more than worth the drive from Knoxville to go see these guys!

I'm Seaslug, and I approved this message. :)

And yes, I'm a Super Elite Tactical Mall Ninja. SunTzu is actually my apprentice... :rofl:

Guest Rockman

I stopped in Lenoir City last week and asked about transfers. I was told by Allen Maddox that he charges $15.00 per transfer plus the $10.00 fee. The name of the business is ALLEN'S GUNS AND LEATHER, 220A Hwy 70W, Lenoir City, TN 37771. Phone No. is (865) 986-4888. I have not used his service.

Guest eyescream
Ensley's in Louisville is $20 or Austin's in Oak Ridge is $25. I've used both and have had good service from both.
I stopped in Lenoir City last week and asked about transfers. I was told by Allen Maddox that he charges $15.00 per transfer plus the $10.00 fee. The name of the business is ALLEN'S GUNS AND LEATHER, 220A Hwy 70W, Lenoir City, TN 37771. Phone No. is (865) 986-4888. I have not used his service.

Sweet. Thanks guys. I work in Louisville so that'd be really handy.