cheaper than dirt...using a movie as a reference...

the despription from cheaper than dirt's website is trying to provoke people into buying their 2.3k dollar package for 2012...referencing a hollywood movie as a good source to show what it's gonna be like.

BASIC-30DAY - Basic 30 Day Emergency and Survival Kit for Four People Includes Food, Heater, Radio, Water Filtration and More

"Emergency and Survival Kits When an emergency hits, we don't always have enough warning to prepare for it. The movie 2012 released on November 13, describes what could potentially happen on 12/21/2012 based on the end of the Ancient Mayan calendar. Throughout history, the Mayan calendar correctly identified evolutionary events. According to the calendar we are now in the Fourth and Final age. Whether you believe or not, it still makes you think, what if all the electronics suddenly stopped working, an asteroid struck the earth, sunspots erase magnetic stored data, a flu pandemic effected millions, would you be able to survive with what you currently have. Fortunately you have time to prepare and we have taken the guess work out of it for you.

The reality of 2012 seems far fetched, but are you prepared for hurricanes, earth quakes, extended power outages, a wide spread pandemic, or turmoil from the Middle East? The primary requirements are food, fuel, water, and shelter; our kits contain basic survival items. FEMA, Homeland Security, and other Emergency Response Teams look to us to fulfill their needs during emergencies. We are experts at supplying the gear you need to survive.

Perfect for at home or the office, there is enough basic survival gear for a family of four for 30 days, these are good to have on hand for natural disasters or the 2012 phenomenon. Kit contains: "

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Can someone clue me as to why you dislike CTD?

Do they have poor customer service or outrages high prices?

They price gouged like a big-dog shortly after the Obama election.

Guest 70below
Who wants to take a bet that 12/21/2012 goes by without a peep? Of course the losers may not be around to pay off, LOL.

I'll buy the $2400 CTD package for $200 off someone in 2013 at a garage sale.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I have bought a few small items from them that were delivered promptly and thus I had no major complaints about them.

But at the same time after looking at the content of the kit I do believe one could compile a better kit for a lot less.

Having to depend on VA disability to survive these days is very hard with three constantly growing kids and a mostly disabled wife to worry about.

It crosses my mind every day that I am very very much behind in any Emer. SHTF supplies for the family. It is hard enough just to make it thru the month.

I was only able to obtain the few guns I have this past year by selling off a lot of the tools I had that I could no longer use to make money with.

That and at least two "Good Friend" deals on a rifle and pistol which resulted in an Armalite M-15 and a PPK380, both never (consumer) fired for less than 800 bucks which was mostly "pay as you can" which has been paid in full.

Without those two deals and a very lenient law-away plan at my gun store I would have been hard pressed to even have a few guns for defense.

But...WOW.... if I was to have 2500 bucks to spend all at once on survival items I am sure I could build a much more complete and better kit with that much money. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

Also I feel using a Hollywood "what might happen" movie is a cheesy (to be nice) advertising method.

I will still order small things from them if the need arises, but the opinions of the site by some of you here that I respect and the really Low Class ad has changed my opinion of them to a negative one.

I will look a little harder and probably pay a little more for whatever little things I may need or want in the future.

Can someone clue me as to why you dislike CTD?

Do they have poor customer service or outrages high prices?

When ammo became scarce, CTD was the FIRST supplier to start gouging. They didn't merely raise their prices, they started charging exorbitant prices.

I'll never patronize them again. Whenever I get one of their catalogs in the mail, it immediately goes in the trash.

Guest mikedwood

I have most of the same stuff for probably $700, $300 of which was the water filter.

I don't have the MRE's mostly canned food but some packaged food.