State Medical Examiner dumped after pot arrest

Guest Whiskers

I know several who regularly use pot..... and in each case IMO, they all have equal disregard in general for laws they don't necessarily agree with. I used to know two people who gave up high paying jobs after getting "busted" on random drug tests. Both made in the $100K range..(and chose NOT to go to rehab to keep their jobs), and the last time I heard, one of them was working in a pawn shop.... the other flipping burgers, both were divorced and dodging child support. Does pot affect a persons judgment after years of use? I don't know, but of several long time users I know..... I'm inclined to think so. An LEO friend told me one time that over time it makes people "stupid" (his words). Maybe it just makes stupid people more stupid.... I don't know that either, but as long as it is illegal....... I want no part of it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it just makes stupid people more stupid....

Not directed at you Whiskers, but I think breathing air accomplishes the same thing sometimes :shrug:

The point is that the guy is in trouble because what he did (and where he did it), resulted in felony charges. He needs to lose his gig. It would probably be stupid to reverse any of his cases. He isn't in trouble over job performance.

I have a couple of friends in the rehab biz. Most, if not all of the patients are in there for alcohol, illegal narcotics (opiates and cocaine), and prescription drugs. They don't have pot patients.

Personally, I'm addicted to the stuff in your avatar :koolaid:. Wouldn't smoke pot if was was legal. I just know the facts. There are a lot of reasons that pot is illegal, and they ALL involve money.

Guest Whiskers

Personally, I'm addicted to the stuff in your avatar :stick:. Wouldn't smoke pot if was was legal. I just know the facts. There are a lot of reasons that pot is illegal, and they ALL involve money.

I agree totally about the money angle! Every time someone gets busted.... let's see... bail bondsman, lawyer, court system, towing company, probation people, rehab people, medical, law enforcement, and probably more stand to gain from it!

I agree totally about the money angle! Every time someone gets busted.... let's see... bail bondsman, lawyer, court system, towing company, probation people, rehab people, medical, law enforcement, and probably more stand to gain from it!

...prison contractors, and don't forget the Liquor lobby. The "War on Drugs' created a huge money machine. I agree that narcotics should be stopped at the border as much as possible. But they're making a large chunk of their money on a drug that doesn't kill anybody, and has mild or no physical withdrawal symptoms.

I don't care if they legalize it, but I know BS when I smell it. ALL recreational drugs, including alcohol are harmful. All can be abused. I have lost several friends to alcohol.

Illegal.. yes, but I'll promise you our last 3 presidents know how it tastes. :stick:

whats odd to me is a person with his education and experience dealing with law enforcement would be so stupid as to have pot mailed to him... out of state... Thats not only odd thats almost unbelievable. He of all people knew better.

I feel theres going to be allot more to that story.

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

Don't forget civil asset forfeiture. The various LE agencies and governments rake in a huge sum of money every year from drug interdiction. They generally get to keep that money, too. They often do so without ever proving a crime was committed.

DA Accused of Stealing Money From Motorists Wants To Defend Herself With Money She's Accused of Stealing From Motorists - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

whats odd to me is a person with his education and experience dealing with law enforcement would be so stupid as to have pot mailed to him... out of state... Thats not only odd thats almost unbelievable. He of all people knew better.

I feel theres going to be allot more to that story.

Yeap.

Breaking, Bizarre News in Mississippi - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

You might try Googling "Steven Hayne." He's the "medical examiner" that was ousted down in good ol' Mississip'. A very well-connected fellow. And a complete and total hack. Bruce Levy and his lab received a bunch of Mr. Hayne's former work.