Got my C&R today!!

Mailed my application off on January 22nd, got my paper in the mail today.

Okay, so who do I register with first? Definitely Graf and Sons, since they give a great dealer discount. How is the discount with Midway USA? Also, I'm guessing Aim Surplus and Classic Arms. Who am I missing here?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

Make some copies, sign one and scan it, or take a really nice digital picture. You can upload that to AIM when you order the obligatory Mosin and have it by Monday. :cool:

The discount at Midway is not all that much...a buck or two on most things except sale items. You can email a copy of the license to them.

Edited by Garufa

I ordered a couple 91-30 Mosins from Southern Ohio Gun (s.o.g.). I've heard some guys say they don't like them, but I've not had any problems. Might want to check them out too. Hope you get your C&R quick. It took me about 8 weeks.

I ordered a couple 91-30 Mosins from Southern Ohio Gun (s.o.g.). I've heard some guys say they don't like them, but I've not had any problems. Might want to check them out too. Hope you get your C&R quick. It took me about 8 weeks.

I ordered a couple C&R pistols from SOG right after I first got my C&R. I was very pleased with all aspects of the transaction.

so do any of these places offer discounts on other items besides C&R if you have the FFL03? IE: ammo, holsters, accessories, etc...

Midway, Brownells, and Graf give you "dealer pricing" on everything just like they do for FFL01's.

Both Graf's and Brownell's offer discounts on just about everything they sell. Graf's dealer discounts seem to be a little bit better, at least on the things I've checked.

Kong beat me to it.

I love Grafs - awesome prices. Only bad thing about Grafs is that they rarely have what you want in stock. Guess that's the downside of having really good prices.

So I made a copy of my C&R today, signed it and scanned it in to my computer as a PDF. A couple of hours later I've already got my dealer accounts set up with Graf's, Brownell's and Aim Surplus. Why in the world didn't I do this sooner???

scanned mine as pdf as well. however, when i went to download it to AIM site, it said "Invalid file type". I converted to JPEG, BMG and still could not. what's the secret?

If there's one or two particular dealers you buy from often, you might want to send them another copy every 6 months or so. There was one company ( I think it was Samco Arms) that set me up with an account after receiving my FFL. When I placed an order for an SKS from them about 7 months later, I received an email form them saying my FFL was no longer on file and that they only keep them on file for 6 months. By the time they got another copy of my FFL, they had sold out of the particular model I wanted.

I've heard that a couple of other companies use this 6 month rule, too. Doesn't make sense why you'd throw them out before they expire, but they do.

ftncityfatboy, Who did you order your 91-30 from? I ordered 3 from Southern ohio Gun. I got one Hex reciever and 2 round recievers. I reccomend the $10.00 hand select fee.

Aim Surplus.....hex. Others seemed pleased with their rifles and recommended them. Shipped today.....fast turnaround since I ordered Monday.

UPDATE - UPS says it will be at my door step Friday! Time to tackle the UPS driver.....

Edited by ftncityfatboy

I got my hex-head last month from AIM and didn't pay any $10 "hand-select" fee. What showed up floored me. Looks like it just came from the factory! :P It's an RGUNS import with a barely noticable import mark.

I still can't bear to clean off the cosmo and actually use it. :P

Edited by Garufa