Bersa Thunder 380 Finish Question

analog_kidd

My wife has finally come over away from the darkside and decided she likes shooting enough that she wants her own gun. We went to the range and she tried a few on, and really liked the Bersa 380. I'm thinking of buying her one for Christmas.

I really like the look of the dou tone, which has some matte black and some nikel finish. What surprised me is that the one that I think looks better costs less than the all black model. Like $40~$50 less. Usually I pay more for the one I like, so this seems really strange to me.

Does anyone know why there is this price difference, and is there a problem with the nikel finish that may cause problems in the future?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the nickel finish, But the all Black (blued) Bersa T380 my wife has had the slide stop break at about 300 rounds just like the one she rented before we bought hers. The slide will slam shut if you tap the bottom of the frame and when you insert a loaded magazine with the slide held open.Otherwise it is perfect for her. But it aggrevates my wrists when I shoot it, though.

Good Luck.

Guest Glknknox

I have one (black slide) fun to shoot and is pretty accurate.

Couple of jams, but it is not my carry gun, and I believe it is one of those you get what you pay for things.

It's better than nothing but I wouldn't use it as a carry piece.

Guest EasilyObsessed
The slide will slam shut if you tap the bottom of the frame and when you insert a loaded magazine with the slide held open.

FWIW...My Glock and M&P both do this as well if you slam the magazine into them.

I have a 380 CC model in the Nickel finish. Shoots pretty good, although it does have some snap to it. If she can handle that, I'd say it will be fine. Fairly accurate for its size, methinks. I've not had any issues with the finish.

Its been my primary carry gun for about 6 months now and I really like it. Yes, there are better guns out there, but also far worse for the same money.