Best price online Eotech 512?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coop:_____________

Lots of places have 'em for about $409.00. I spent a bunch of time looking around a couple of months ago. Finally bought at SWFA. They always have their stuff in stock and deliver super quick. Here's the link: SWFA Riflescopes EOTech Holosights EOTech Tactical Holosights.

They call 'em 510 ref F's; but they look like 512's to me. I can tell ya that what ever they are; the work good. Got one on my AR carbine.

Having said all that; I also like these guys at Rainier Arms (...link here to eotech: Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Manufacturer...). I've bought lots of AR mags (..P Mags...) and stocks (...Vltor Emod and Magpul CTR...) from these guys. Shipping is reasonable and super fast. Usually 3 days by priority mail from Washington state to my home place in east tennessee. Highly recommend them.

Hope this heips.

Kind regards,

Leroy

Edited by leroy
spelling d****t!!!
Guest Todd@CIS
Might wanna be wary of this particular vendor. Just Google the name, and you'll see what I mean. In fairness, I've done business with them twice, and I've only had one minor complaint. YMMV...

+1 on Botach

I just ordered from them this month only because they supposedly revamped their business / customer service.

Surprise, surprise...it was "effed" up (just like my past orders) and ended up being a disaster.

Never again.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Just curious, why do you prefer an EOTech over an Aimpoint?

Todd:______________

I like the EoTech for close stuff--- dot and donut is easier to see quickly (...for me, anyway...). I think the Aimpoint is the ticket for long range stuff. If you have good vision, it probably is a personal prefernence thing.

Kind regards,

Leroy

+1

I just ordered from them this month only because they supposedly revamped their business / customer service.

Surprise, surprise...it was "effed" up (just like my past orders) and ended up being a disaster.

Never again.

Another +1. Got the same problem. They wouldn't answer their e-mail for me.

Leroy

Edited by leroy
spelling!!!
Guest Todd@CIS

Why I like Aimpoint over EOTech.

Durability...still Aimpoint.

Battery life...no contest.

Reticle...personal preference, but I like a simple "dot." I find the "dot / donut" too busy.

Also, when moving from a well lit environment to a dark one (room-clearing), the simple "dot" will affect you ALOT less than the glowing glob of the "dot / donut" (range use vs real-world).

EOTech is a good sight and I'm not trashing it, but I'd still choose an Aimpoint (which I have...the work AR has a EOTech on it and my personal AR has an Aimpoint M3 on a LaRue mount).

Edited by Todd@CIS

I have ordered some items from Botach Defense twice (registration required, was approved in 2 days) and never had an issue. Unsure how they are related to Botach Tactical. They currently have the Eotech 512 for $340 and XPS2-0 for $394. www.botachdefense.com YMMV, I always try to speak with a person when ordering anything...lots of shady vendors in this business.

Be sure to verify that it is authentic, the 512 is easily cloned.

Why I like Aimpoint over EOTech.

Durability...still Aimpoint.

Battery life...no contest.

Reticle...personal preference, but I like a simple "dot." I find the "dot / donut" too busy.

Also, when moving from a well lit environment to a dark one (room-clearing), the simple "dot" will affect you ALOT less than the glowing glob of the "dot / donut" (range use vs real-world).

EOTech is a good sight and I'm not trashing it, but I'd still choose an Aimpoint (which I have...the work AR has a EOTech on it and my personal AR has an Aimpoint M3 on a LaRue mount).

Todd:__________

What is the difference between the Aimpoint M2 and M3 besides the difference in dollars?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Leroy

Guest Todd@CIS
Todd:__________

What is the difference between the Aimpoint M2 and M3 besides the difference in dollars?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Leroy

Battery life and dot size.

IIRC, M2 has 10,000 hours and M3 has 50,000 hours max life (pretty sweet when you think that there are 8760 hours in a year).

The M4 has 80,000!

M2 comes with a 4MOA dot only. M3 comes with either a 4 or 2MOA dot (I prefer the 2MOA...if I want the dot bigger, I just turn it up).

The "M" series is night vision compatable. The "ML" series is not.

I initially was going to buy a ML3 because I don't need NV capability, but the dealer I used was out of them and said I could have a M3 for the same price. Umm, OK! :)

A great "entry level" Aimpoint would be a lightly used ML2. I've seen some great deals over at www.ar15.com

Regards

Edited by Todd@CIS