Glock Knives: any good?

I am thinking about getting a fixed blade knife for a bug out bag. Midway has the Glock Field knife on sale for $23. The price is so low compared to other knives, but it is a Glock. Does anybody know if these are any good?

This will be to compliment a pocket knife and a multi-tool.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big knife guy, but I have a few friends that are. I remember one of them telling me that it's a mediocre cutter. It's great for stabbing, but just "ok" at cutting due to something about the profile of the blade (again, I'm not a knife guy). He recommended that, if you have the cash, go ahead and step it on up to a Ka-bar.

Maybe someone else who knows more about knives will chime in.

I cant speak of thier knives, but thier E-Tool is outstanding. Much lighter than the standard issue E-Tool. My first one I lost on Mt Charleston in NV. After that trip I went back to the issue one for a while, but that didnt last long until I ordered the replacement Glock. LOL

Guest mgjohn

I have 2 of them and they are good for what they are. They take and hold and edge. They are NOT choppers as the blade weight is too light.

They are light weight and very indestructable, well worth $23.00.

I would go for it, if you don't like it or change knives later, you will have little trouble finding a new home for it.

Guest 10mm4me

You want a good "SHTF" knife, go to - KnivesShipFree.com, check out Bark River. They are fairly priced but run $100-$300. They are awesome and provide a knife for any situation. I like the smoke jumper, bravo series, and golok. But, the glock knives are great for the price.

have several. they are tools. hold an edge, and indestructable. they can dig, stab, cut, saw (if it's the right one) and will not break. (i've tried to break em). they are worth every penny. get two while you are at it. one is for 'testing' one is for the GO bag.