did you mail you Census form today?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very funny movie called Ghost Town that inspired me with regards to filling out forms. There is a scene where the main character is going in for a procedure at a hospital and the nurse is asking him questions for a form. They were things like are you married, do you drink, etc. He refuses to answer any of the questions saying they are "not pertinent to the procedure". And it was true, nothing she was asking made any difference at all for the reason he was going in.

I feel the same way about the census. The only reason for the census is to determine the number of people living in an area so as to be able to calculate the number of members your state gets to the House of Representatives. Whether or not I own my house or what race I am is "not pertinent" and they plain just don't need to know.

BTW, I only filled in the box that asked for number of people living in the house and mailed it on. If they come to my house, I'll have my copy of the constitution ready and ask them to show me why they need anything else.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I mailed mine in about 2 weeks ago. Checked my mail today, and, viola, another Census form was in there. Needless to say it's in about 136 pieces and hopefully, in a little while a child will be coloring on it in kindergarten.

They are just mentally conditioning us (or attempting to anyhow) to accept things little by little.
bingo!

It's like my Pastor says, the devil is not going to come in and bash your brains out and take everything from you all in one day. He's an embezzler. Like a termite he just works at it little by little, until one day almost everything is gone and you wake up wondering what happened. Little by little. It's less noticeable that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jackdm3

David Letterman: "Oh, hey! Are you ready for the big census? The 2010 census?"

The crowd: "YEAH!" applause "WOOOO!" more applause "YAY!"

Sucker audiences will clap for anything. Like a Sea World walrus.

There was absolutely no info on my census that couldn't be found about me in other ways. By almost anyone.

My mom and I each got two of them.

Plus the notice it was coming.

And the notice that it should have arrived.

Apparently, each mailing must have cost about $50 each looking at the total budget for this thing.

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR
Wait till they get mine. I marked "Hillbilly American".

Probably get a visit. I'll have to answer the door in my underwear.

:P:confused::rofl::) Yep! you'll get a visit.

I was up in Gallatin a few weeks ago and they had one of those portable electronic road signs parked down a random street advertising the coming of the census and how important it was to participate. Give me a break. And I've seen tv commercials as well. What a WASTE of taxpayer $ for all of this crap.

According to their own statement, the Census Bureau cannot fine you more than $100 if you refuse to answer any of the questions on the form. And seeing as how I only answered the first one and the one about gender, I think I will take my chances. None of the other information is any of their business, never mind that Uncle Sam has it anyway. They can look it up; I'm not doing their work for them.

I have also printed the Bureau's own statement about it so I can read it to any worker that shows up at my door (I seriously doubt that they will be familiar with it), but I doubt that I will be getting a visit.

Guest H0TSH0T

i wrote in ''AMERICAN'' for my race, lol and made sure they have my phone number encase they may need to consult with one. I am sure when they do, it would be a computer generated call, or Bob, (real name hjajhi) from India or something just to make sure.

I was born in AMERICA.

I do know I am not African am., or Negro, American Indian, or Alaska Native, Asian, Chinese, Filipino, Other Asian, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Native Hawaiian, Guamanian or Chamorro, Samoan, Other pacific islander.

I would ask where exactly do White people come from? There is not a country or continent, state or province named as such, nor an accurate color representation of skin tone...So I will claim to be of the human race born in the United States of America. that is all they need to be concerned with....

I told them how many people lived in my home,nothing else. As others have said they already have all my info they are just too lazy to look it up.Now they will pay a person to go door to door instead of looking it up.

I simply marked that 2 people live here, and included this:

To Whom it May Concern,

Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure†have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3. In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.

Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)

“Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,?and it cannot be too often repeated,?that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’â€

Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.

Respectfully,

A Citizen of the United States of America

What can I say, I felt like poking the bear with a stick!

Oh yeah, I also returned the other garbage mail they sent to me. Maybe they will recycle it.

Mike, I would have stuffed it with a bunch of junkmail, wrapped in a sheet of printer paper with a note that said "since you feel inclined to send me junk mail, I feel inclined to return it 10 fold and let you pay the freight on it. Thanks for playing, you ARE the weakest link".

:hiding: