Ultra-Conservative Newbie in Bartlett

Guest ProTex

Hi boys and girls.:doh:

I've been lurking here for a while and thought it is time to start posting.

I'm a 53 y/o transplanted Texan that moved to this area 13 years ago to marry a southern belle.:) The bad part of all this is the woman I married is probably the most liberal woman on the planet!:P

I've never owned a gun before; only shot a pistol once about 30 years ago and have fired a shotgun a few times but that was 25 or 30 years ago too.:(

Gun ownership and politics were never part of my life, that is until 9-11. EVERYTHING changed that day. The six years since 9-11 I have become very conservative politically. I love my country and it is killing me to see it slowly erode away. Of course living in Shelby County will open ones eyes to just how fast our rights and priveleges are being taken. How the hell can liberals be so damn stupid? Nothing from the left makes sense to me, yet it seems I can relate to most of the the right stands for.

I want to learn to handle a firearm but all the info here is so intimidating to me. But you gotta start somewhere right?

I've been in the retail wine and spirits business for more than 25 years. It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it, right?:D

I'm also an avid motorcyclist. I'm into restoring/rebuilding vintage Japanese motorcycles. My current project is a 1974 Kawasaki Z1 (KZ900/1000).

OK. OK. Enough rambling for now. I just hope to learn how to protect myself legally and become as comfortable with firearms as I am with motorcycles; or a glass of wine!:D

Be patient with me; I'm sure I'll be bombarding you folks with questions once the Christmas season is over and I can get back to a normal routine.

Jim

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Welcome to the TGO family. :doh:

You've definitely come to the right place, if you want to learn about guns and be invited to get-togethers with an endless supply of firearms to try out. You'll find everyone here more than willing to help you through your "education" and get you involved in firearms.

Greetings and welcome from sullivan county. I'm not an ULTRA conservative..but I am conservative.

This is about the best place I know of in Tn. to meet fellows of our own stripe..that is folks who believe in our country and our way of life.

its a GREAT place to find folks who like to shoot and have fun. I hope you find just what you're looking for here!

:doh:

ProTex - We are trying a get together at a local range after the first of the year. You can come to that and "fondle" probably every manufacturer of hand gun there is and some rifles/shotguns to boot. There will be food available at a BBQ joint AT THE RANGE!!!

Join the group. We are also trying to meet up at the Memphis Gun Show on the 23rd at the Fair Grounds. Going to try to get by Franks table for a little while.

ProTex - We are trying a get together at a local range after the first of the year. You can come to that and "fondle" probably every manufacturer of hand gun there is and some rifles/shotguns to boot. There will be food available at a BBQ joint AT THE RANGE!!!

Join the group. We are also trying to meet up at the Memphis Gun Show on the 23rd at the Fair Grounds. Going to try to get by Franks table for a little while.

Thanks for the invite!:cool: Hopefully the 23rd you're talking about is in January.

Being in retail, well the 23rd of this month is out of the question:eek::eek:

Jim

Hi ProTex- Welcome from East Memphis- I have been here in Mogadishu on the Mississippi for 18 years. Lived in San Angelo for 6 months while I was doing some training in the US Army.

Where's your shop? I stop by those places a little too often....

Left, Right-- to me it is about character. There are people with and without integrity everywhere, on all sides. I care a lot more about how a person responds in daily reality rather than what they profess to believe. Actions are a lot louder than words.

I think I might be more Libertarian than anything else, but that's a bit of an odd-man-out position here in TN, and I don't really understand Libertarianism totally, but I like the idea of small government and keeping the government out of my private life.

I'll bet my wife is more liberal than yours-- and mine's a pretty good shot with her Glock and will not hesitate to use it if needed. I'll get her trained with a shotgun sometime soon. A good-shooting liberal on my side is better than a conservative who can't shoot---

Anyway, welcome.

Guest canynracer
Hi boys and girls.:up:

I've been lurking here for a while and thought it is time to start posting.

I'm a 53 y/o transplanted Texan that moved to this area 13 years ago to marry a southern belle.:) The bad part of all this is the woman I married is probably the most liberal woman on the planet!:eek:

I've never owned a gun before; only shot a pistol once about 30 years ago and have fired a shotgun a few times but that was 25 or 30 years ago too.:(

Gun ownership and politics were never part of my life, that is until 9-11. EVERYTHING changed that day. The six years since 9-11 I have become very conservative politically. I love my country and it is killing me to see it slowly erode away. Of course living in Shelby County will open ones eyes to just how fast our rights and priveleges are being taken. How the hell can liberals be so damn stupid? Nothing from the left makes sense to me, yet it seems I can relate to most of the the right stands for.

I want to learn to handle a firearm but all the info here is so intimidating to me. But you gotta start somewhere right?

I've been in the retail wine and spirits business for more than 25 years. It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it, right?:D

I'm also an avid motorcyclist. I'm into restoring/rebuilding vintage Japanese motorcycles. My current project is a 1974 Kawasaki Z1 (KZ900/1000).

OK. OK. Enough rambling for now. I just hope to learn how to protect myself legally and become as comfortable with firearms as I am with motorcycles; or a glass of wine!:D

Be patient with me; I'm sure I'll be bombarding you folks with questions once the Christmas season is over and I can get back to a normal routine.

Jim

Welcome from Lakeland!! I have a 1990 CBR 1000...I am getting ready to strip it down soon as the holidays pass...its been sitting for a year, and I miss the hell out of it. I am from CA, Ventura to be exact, I am so used to Canyon riding, moving here doesnt offer much of the twistys...:(

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.:eek:

I am the GM of Poplar Pike Wines in Germantown; right between Walgreens and The Fresh Market but facing Poplar Pike. The back of PPW faces the back of Walgreens. Those of you in the area please stop by sometimes. But I have to warn you, if you come by between now and New Years I might not even have time to shake your hand.:D

Seriously. I'll put in perspective for you. On a "busy Saturday" we usually have around 200 to 225 customers. This Thanksgiving Eve we had 815!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up::stunned:. Obviously Christmas and New Years are going to be pretty busy too.

But don't let a store full of people and a lack of parking deter you. Come on in and introduce yourselves.:D I want to hear more about that 1990 CBR1000.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can.

Merry Christmas Everyone!