East Tn TGO Members JANUARY 2008 Meet

Hi All,

Tower flew out this morning, and I have to be in Norfolk on New Years. I will ask Sue - she may be willing to 'host' if someone else does all the hosting work - move/set up the target stands, RSO, cleanup - but we can't put on another spread, so you'd have to go to one of several local restaraunts.

I expect I will be home again in August, maybe.

On a side note - all the items I've listed for sale will be withdrawn at the end of the month, due to my departure. After a fax battle, a half a dozen phone calls with the detailer, 15 or 20 e-mails, and a few choice words with her boss, I'm finally going to get paid - on the 28th. A month and a half without a paycheck sure puts a crimp in things.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

Glad you got that pay thing worked out Mark. That had to be one of the most frustrating thigs to deal with. Did you finally have to offer "pistols at 20 paces" to get someone to move off center?

I'll volunteer to help with the hosting (RSO, clean up, etc.) work there if Sue wants to look after us. I'll bring my clay thrower up tso we can continue the

Clay_Shooter_Patch_sm.jpg

Where to eat there guys? I liked that BBQ place we went to last spring. Any other suggestions?

Guest Boomhower

So what's the dillyo guys? Are we going to keep with tradition (OR/Kingsport), and lend a helping hand to Sue, or are we going back to OR?

P.S....I'm still up in the air for Jan. as well. It all depends on whether or not we have a new arrival, so don't count on me being there or making any plans. However, If we do it in Kingsport, and I am able to attend, I will help in any way that I can as well.

While I hate to break the idea of alternating Kingsport/OR events, I think asking Sue to host the event with both Mark and Tower gone is a real imposition on her.

I suggest we take Phantom's generous offer for this month and find some alternate sites in the Tri-Cities to get back to shoots up here as soon as possible.

I think asking Sue to host the event with both Mark and Tower gone is a real imposition on her.

I suggest we take Phantom's generous offer for this month and find some alternate sites in the Tri-Cities to get back to shoots up here as soon as possible.

I agree with this line of thought. I would not feel right about being at Mark's place without him or Elliott being there.

Guest Boomhower
While I hate to break the idea of alternating Kingsport/OR events, I think asking Sue to host the event with both Mark and Tower gone is a real imposition on her.
I agree with this line of thought. I would not feel right about being at Mark's place without him or Elliott being there.

I've said this earlier, but after it was discussed, Mark come on and said...

I will ask Sue - she may be willing to 'host' if someone else does all the hosting work - move/set up the target stands, RSO, cleanup

And Phantom said....

I'll volunteer to help with the hosting (RSO, clean up, etc.) work there if Sue wants to look after us.

And Mike said.....

I am more than willing to lend a helping hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If everyone wants to do this, that's fine by me. I'd just like to nail down a place to start planning for. As I see it, we have a confirmed place to use in OR, but hey, I don't wanna try to turn this meet into a Knoxville meet. :eek:

Well for a fact I am not going to go an do this in Kingsport at Mark's place. I am not impossing on Sue and her graciousness. While I consider her a friend going there would not be the right thing to do.

I vote solidly for Oak Ridge, provided Phantom is still up for it.

continuing hostility from you in meeting in Kingsport

Mar's absolutely you are wrong. And no hostility to begin with.

If Mark or Tower were going to be there I would be all about going. It is worth it to me just to hang with those guys, both of home I consider to be my friends. I wish Kingsport was not so far away or I would be up at Mark's all the time.

Guest Phantom6

The invitation to our place is still open if that's what everyone would like to do. I want a rematch on the Pidgeon Shoot anyway 'cause I think ol' dotson was up to somthin'. He'd been to see some kind of VooDoo queen or somethin' and got some kind of special mojo goin' on. :wave:

Guest Boomhower

I'll say it then..Yeah that's right, I ain't skeer'd...Oak Ridge it is. There, it's done. Anyone that can't make it, cry me a handful....I'll even be the first to begin:cry::wave::cry::):cry::cry:as I probably won't be able to make it. If all goes well, my wife will come off of bed rest on Jan. 2nd, and the mediciation she is taking for contractions on Jan. 11th. I personally don't know if she will make it past Jan. 19th or not. The actual due date is Feb. 1st........My biggest thing is leaving her with A) a new baby all day by herself, or B) leaving her, something happening and me being an hour away from her.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:.....and I've got a new toy to bring.

The invitation to our place is still open if that's what everyone would like to do. I want a rematch on the Pidgeon Shoot anyway 'cause I think ol' dotson was up to somthin'. He'd been to see some kind of VooDoo queen or somethin' and got some kind of special mojo goin' on. :cry:

I think the rain was throwing off your birdshot. Maybe I'll let you try out my jam-o-matic but deadly Mossy next time. :)

Boom, I hope that new toy is a shotgun that doesn't require duct tape to hold it together. :wave:

Guest Boomhower
Boom, I hope that new toy is a shotgun that doesn't require duct tape to hold it together. :wave:

Actually mr. smarty pants....I did get a new shotty since I was last out with all you guys, but that's my newest oldest toy now. :)

He'd been to see some kind of VooDoo queen or somethin' and got some kind of special mojo goin' on

Since you brought Dotsun up, I will just come out with it, he sucks! :D

Boom, I hope that new toy is a shotgun

I was wondering if that was a break down model or the new one piece kind?

;)

Guest Boomhower

Since you brought Dotsun up, I will just come out with it, he sucks! :D

I was wondering if that was a break down model or the new one piece kind?

;)

It's actually somewhere around a 10 to 12 piece break down kind.:D