what would you buy

Guest canynracer

Guest canynracer

Ok, say you had $400.00

what kind of semi-auto pistol would you buy for CCW.

9mm or 40cal would be ideal.

I know its not alot of money, but there has GOT to be more than a Taurus or KelTec...I would prefer 3.5 barrel, or right around there...I am looking to purchase right after the new year.

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

Thanks guys...I am not against used...I will shop the news you suggested...then if I end up with a choice of used, I will probably be back for your opinions..

thanks!

Guest canynracer
Are you wanting plastic or metal? I've got a Stoeger Cougar and love it. I also have a sigma, but prefer to carry the Cougar.

plastic or metal really doesnt matter as long as it is not a brick...

Is the cougar something that I would be able to find in a gun store?

Guest Boomhower
plastic or metal really doesnt matter as long as it is not a brick...

Is the cougar something that I would be able to find in a gun store?

Yep. Gandar Mtn has them. I'm sure Bass pro would as well. You can usually find them for around $350 new. Seems like there was a member on here that was thinking about selling his 8045 mini cougar.

Guest canynracer

Thanks Boom!!! I am on their site and reading reviews now...I am definatley going to look into this!!! hopefully it feels as good as people are saying it shoots..

Guest canynracer
M&P Compact
:stunned: yeah, this is what I WANT...but 400 bucks??? LOL yeah, maybe a used one, and I would jump on it in a sec, but my luck, it wont exist when I have the money right after xmas...
Guest utarch00

Buds Gun Shop often sells them for $400 plus shipping or $439 shipped. That is were I got mine, for that price. If you can wait, check their website often.

Man, this one is easy. I handled the Kahr CW9 and CW40 yesterday and loved the tiny little things. Price for either was $389. These are very light weight guns. The 40 cal. might have more recoil than you want. I have an all steel model Kahr in 9mm, and it has very little recoil. But the polymer frame guns are bound to have substantially more.

Guest canynracer
Man, this one is easy. I handled the Kahr CW9 and CW40 yesterday and loved the tiny little things. Price for either was $389. These are very light weight guns. The 40 cal. might have more recoil than you want. I have an all steel model Kahr in 9mm, and it has very little recoil. But the polymer frame guns are bound to have substantially more.

took your advice...bought a CW40 today...already have 500 "break-in" rds...holy hell this thing is bad ass....

it is SO easy to carry!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS THING