TGO's Sumner County Adopt-A-Highway Thread

It's Official! TGO's 'Sumner County Adopt-A-Highway Group' has finally been assigned a section of highway.

The 'Sumner County Adopt-A-Highway Group' will now be responsible for the section of highway located between mile marker #4.5 (where our sign is located) and mile marker #6.5 on the eastbound (from Nashville towards Gallatin) side of Highway 386, better known to many as Vietnam Veterans Boulevard.

If you plan on being part of this group, it is necessary that you take the time to read through pages 2, 4, 5 and 6 of the New Group Information Packet at the following link.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/environment/beautification/pdf/newgroupaahpacket.pdf

It is also necessary that you watch the Volunteer Training Video at the following link.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/environment/beautification/adopthighway.wmv

After reading the New Group Information Packet and watching the Volunteer Training Video, please fill out the Volunteer Release Form at the following link. This is also necessary, and I must have them turned in before you can attend a clean-up.

If you plan on lending a helping hand, shoot me a PM, and I will give you my address to send your Volunteer Release Form. I will need these ASAP. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but rather than sending the form via USPS, you can send me a PDF.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/environment/beautification/docs/releaseform.doc

Those who have already agreed to help:

- TripleDigitRide - Received Volunteer Release Form.

- Rightwinger - Received Volunteer Release Form.

- 56FordGuy - Received Volunteer Release Form.

- ryan02

- StreetWK05 - Received Volunteer Release Form

- LagerHead - Received Volunteer Release Form

- Angus

- Trekbike - Received Volunteer Release Form.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For "Volunteer Group" are you putting tngunowners.com, or Tennessee Gun Owners, or TGO, or what?

To be honest, I can't remember if it's Tennessee Gun Owners or TennesseeGunOwners.com. I'm pretty sure it's Tennessee Gun Owners. I'll have to double check.

Because of the limitation on the number of characters we are allowed, our roadside sign should appear something like this:

fdgdgd.png

That is gonna be awesome to driveby. (no pun intended)

Who wants to bet it's one that will receive it's fair share of graffiti though?

Wish I could recall all of what Kramer did on that Seinfeld episode where he got his own section of the turnpike or something. Didn't he wax the road??

Guest Bronker
Wish I could recall all of what Kramer did on that Seinfeld episode where he got his own section of the turnpike or something. Didn't he wax the road??

Poured paint thinner all over it to erase the lane lines so he could make the lanes wider. Then Newman's USPS truck caught on fire when he ran over the golf clubs that fell out of Jerry's Saab. It was a sand wedge he ran over, because the joke was that "even the President couldn't hit a sand wedge." They were the clubs that belonged to JFK that Elaine bought for J. Peterman at a Southeby's auction. She paid $6,500 for them.

Newman was singing "Three Times a Lady" by Lionel Richie when the flames erupted, and as the scene cut, he finished with "OH THE HUMANITY!!!"

I'm such a loser.

Edited by Bronker
Sweeet thank you TripleDigit.

No problem. It took quite a bit longer to get everything going than I had expected, but it's all good.

BTW......You don't have to live in Sumner County to participate in our efforts to keep our section of roadway clean. Anyone, from anywhere, is more than welcome to lend a hand.

Guest Bronker
Can you alter the sign from TGO to "TDR and RW" ??:D

Now if you two get that gig going...

I'll be hanging a full lunar out my window every time I drive down Vietnam Vet Blvd.

2008_01_03_car.jpg

:D