50's surplus ammo

Guest Revelator

Guest mosinon
A little bit. Not too much. I know what you're saying; not exactly an AR we're talking here. It's just that we really watch our spending and she knows how many guns I have. I think I told her a few weeks back, before I got the idea to get a C&R, that I wouldn't be buying any more guns this year. Shyeah! But if I said it, even if I don't remember it she sure will.

A) You meant personal guns, this one is for work... somehow

:rolleyes: It's tax deductible because you just said it was job related... somehow

C) It's not for you. It's a present for her. Sure hope she likes it!

D) You work too hard. The doctor says you need to relax. You've decided you'd like to try refinishing wood, you wanted something cheap to practice on.

E) You ordered a long time ago, way before you said no more guns. Honestly you had forgotten about it.

F) It's not a gun, it's an investment. They're not making these anymore!

G) Wrap it up with bows and ribbons and such. Tell her you completed her father's day shopping for her.

H) It's a necessity, the Bigfoots are getting closer.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator
If you shop you can find the Russian for close to the same price. The overall feeling from "Mosinites" on the forums is the Russian is the best 7.62 x 54 milsurp.

On AIM the Russian is the same price as the Polish I was talking about (least by the crate), except there's no free shipping. So it's like $25 more, not a huge difference but I did go ahead and order a crate of the Polish. Like Garufa said, at 18 cents a round why not? BTW they're showing that Polish again sold out.

Now would that be calendar or fiscal year? :D

Ah, brilliant!

My case of Polish arrived today and was not of the quality I expected from AIM. ;) They didn't send me 50's lacquer coated stuff I ordered.....It's all beautiful copper-washed 1974 production with nice little silver tips. ;):rock:

Once again, AIM has done me right. :D

My case of Polish arrived today and was not of the quality I expected from AIM. B) They didn't send me 50's lacquer coated stuff I ordered.....It's all beautiful copper-washed 1974 production with nice little silver tips. B):rock:

My word. Will a Mosin even know what to do with that stuff?

- OS

Guest Revelator
My case of Polish arrived today and was not of the quality I expected from AIM. :D They didn't send me 50's lacquer coated stuff I ordered.....It's all beautiful copper-washed 1974 production with nice little silver tips. :woohoo::rock:

Mine came today. I'm not opening it just yet, but the little receipt inside the crate is dated 12-10-72 so I'm hoping I got the same treatment. Sent off for my C&R license today too.

Mine came today. I'm not opening it just yet, but the little receipt inside the crate is dated 12-10-72 so I'm hoping I got the same treatment. Sent off for my C&R license today too.

Sounds like it is. If it's in green spam cans instead of the old galvanized, lead sealed containers you also got the royal treatment.

When you get your C&R in a couple of months get a Mosin from AIM. They are of the highest quality.

Edited by Garufa
Guest Revelator

That would be yes. The crate is green too. The Russian crate I got a few weeks ago is just an unpainted wood color. I'm glad I jumped on the Polish when it was there. That stuff went quick.

Guest jackdm3

That's an even better scam, to buy large quantities of seemingly "cheaper" products in small boxes that obviously "cost less" than actual rifles. Those'll easily fly under the radar, especially went sent straight to the office. Right on!

As far as my wife, she says we need more of everything. I better get busy.

:D You have been quiet with all this talk of Mosin boolits. Fess up, did you get some too?

I am over that damn Mosin Nagant. I still blame it for causing my root canal. I know darn well it knocked the filling out that started the whole bank account draining mess.

But I will keep the rifle taken from the field off some dead Commie.

I got some Ruskie ammo for a semi auto rifle from Bosnia, and of course some much needed 32 auto.

That's an even better scam, to buy large quantities of seemingly "cheaper" products in small boxes that obviously "cost less" than actual rifles. Those'll easily fly under the radar, especially went sent straight to the office. Right on!

As far as my wife, she says we need more of everything. I better get busy.

the rifles cost less

Guest jackdm3

But do they know it? I know that several boxes of harmless ammo far exceed the value/cost of the rifles in question. Not gonna re-read this whole thread, but I thought it was the sight of another toy that was the tipping point. Boxes of whatever appear to be less. "Honey, what did you get?" "Oh, just some ammo." "Oh, alright."

I just received a 40" Tipton cleaning rod from Miday that came in the exact same size box that a Mosin would. Perhaps one could order a couple of those to desensitize another to what is being delivered. :(

Then have an old Russian boom-stick delivered under the guise of a cleaning rod.

dammit, we are men. order guns, have them delivered to the house. And when she bitches tell her what she can do.

thats how I roll

Outstanding! I call dibs on this quote for my sig line if I decide to use it. B)

My woman dragged a 62 pound case of ammo through the front door yesterday. Didn't even ask what it was. She already knows something is afoot and definitely does not approve but she's down to just eye-rolling now. :(

My woman dragged a 62 pound case of ammo through the front door yesterday. Didn't even ask what it was.

mine accepted my ammo today. But made the comment that she had thought it was her birthday present at first and was dismayed it had the ammo sticker on it. I told her that her birthday is a week away, she won't be here for it and maybe if she is nice I will get her something anyway.

But not to hold her breath.