My Favorite Gun has lost its luster

:cry: :cry: :cry:

My XD9 was my favorite gun I have ever owned and to some level it still is.

But Gunsablazin let me have a brief love affair with his Springfield 1911 and now I am in love with it . I gotta Have one . I don't think my life will be complete with out one . :cry:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drv2fst

I know how you feel. I have two XDM's and am buying a third as soon as the .45 ships. Still, one cannot deny the pull of a 1911 (or more). Clearly the answer is have both. I'll be buying a few more 1911's soon as well.

:clap: I've already drank it !!!!!!! even if it was just a sip.

I am thinking of starting slowly and getting an RIA then later graduating when I can afford it to either a Para or Springfield .

Really sorry Dude. On the bright side you can shoot mine all you want (as a "fix") until you get your very own 1911, there is no known cure for this addiction, I've "suffered" from it for over 25 yrs. :hat:

Guest johnmattwill
I know how you feel. I have two XDM's and am buying a third as soon as the .45 ships. Still, one cannot deny the pull of a 1911 (or more). Clearly the answer is have both. I'll be buying a few more 1911's soon as well.

I too think that is the PERFECT combo.....A 1911 and an XDM both in .45 Auto...:clap: Im half way there and waiting for the other half......

Guest 6.8 AR
:koolaid: I've already drank it !!!!!!! even if it was just a sip.

I am thinking of starting slowly and getting an RIA then later graduating when I can afford it to either a Para or Springfield .

Someone needs to give you a little more of a sip. That tax refund excuse will

need to go away:D

Well I guess I was one of those privaleged few who grew up shooting 1911's and S&W revolvers. My Dad had a full size Gov. Colt that had a 22 conversion kit for I carried it all the time and that was all I ever dreamed of. If it was not a 1911 it was not a pistol and I had the oportunites growing up to shoot a lot of different pistols. His Gov. Model resides in my gun safe along with my Combat Commander waiting for my boys to get big enough to shoot them. My girl at 3 yrs old was already on the bank of Panther lake in LA slinging 22's out of it. It's the gun that all others want to be when they grow up.

Guest bubruins

I just found out Saturday that I have been missing out by not shooting 1911's (taught on glocks, hks, and etc polymer stuff). I really figured that they were just a commodity gun, etc... I was at OnTarget and I was contemplating renting a gun 1911 to shoot side by side with some friends guns (g23, uspc40, m&p compact 9mm). The guy working there let me dry fire a 5" Nighthawk custom and a Kimber (ultra carry?). I decided that I should probably wait until I had more cash available before I catch the full fledged 1911 fever so I held off on shooting the 1911's.