Remington 1911 R1

Guest billwilly73

Guest Jamie

There's nothing wrong with a cast frame if it's done right.

Ruger has been casting frames and such for years, and nobody ever accuses them of being weak.

Besides, a cast steel frame is still a helluva lot stronger than plastic. :lol:

J.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded one of the large pictures from Remingtons website and zoomed in on it. Blew it up to about 300% and from what I could see it does look like a casting. The entire frame surface is pitted everywhere. They are small sand size pits so I would definitely say it was cast in a mold and not polished out.

For what it is worth, I was told by the Remington Rep that I spoke with that both the frame and slide will be forged,

The picture posted on the web page may be just a mock up. The frame, trigger, grip safety and frame safety were very pebbled. If they are going to be forged this this may just be a cast prop for promo purposes.

Ruger has been casting frames and such for years, and nobody ever accuses them of being weak.

They have actually been casting 1911 frames for several manufacturers (under their Pinetree castings division) for decades now. As well as boat propellers, brake calipers for porsche, and several aerospace projects.

Cast <> Pot metal...not even close

To me, those images don't look quite real. They look like CGI.

I thought they might be computer created graphic images also so I downloaded a JPEG and zoomed in to it. It was about a 3 meg file and was quite large, I believe 3700x3700 or so. It had really good clarity. I may be wrong but the slide, hammer and screws showed machining marks while the other parts showed casting pits. If it is a CGI, it is a very good one.