Best Night Sights

Guest 731david

Guest 731david

Looking to add night sights to my P239 40. So, what would be the better choice Trijicon or Meprolite and which color. Many thanks

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
Looking to add night sights to my P239 40. So, what would be the better choice Trijicon or Meprolite and which color. Many thanks

Very fond of the TruGlo TFO's and the XS Big Dots. Of your proposed options, I'd go Trijicons.

I have some Mepro's on a CZ and they are garbage. Not class-wide, but the one's I have are.

Guest DRO

I'm afraid that my having the opposite experience as Bronker may illustrate a lack of consistency in what NS makers are churning out.

I've got Trijicons on my 870 12-gauge that offer mediocre brightness, but some Mepro Tru-Glos on an XD that I think are very visible in both day and low-light conditions. If you can see any of them at retail to see how they agree with you, that'd probably be best.

Guest Halfpint

I've had Trij's and Mepro's on several pistols . . . I'm not sure what Wilson Combat uses as their night sight of choice, but I'm going back to Mepro's on my Kimber. Whatever sight W/C uses has a silver metallic (?) ring around the tritium insert that reflects light and makes it hard to pick up the sights. My Mepro's, though dead when I got my 1911, had no such ring and were easy to pick up.

:(

Color-wise, I've always liked the plain "all green" sights, they're just what I'm used to.

Very recently I have been changing my opinion on night sights. I have owned about

all of them in one fashion or the other. I don't know if it is due to ageing of the eyes or what but after the first shot at night I have found they are useless to me. For me it' has been more of a point and shoot scenario.

I own quite a few with night sights. But on new pistols that have come without them I just left the weapon alone unless the stock sights were just no good.

I have used Trijicons more than anything else.

Guest razorblade

Have to agree with goomba, I have tru-glo fiber optic on my P229 and love them. Mine are very bright green. Super easy to pick out day or night. Almost a nite-lite on my night stand.

I have Trijicon, Meprolights and Truglo TFO's on my Glocks. All work and work well but right I would have to give the nod to the TFO's for overall use but they are larger.

What is good for one person may not work for another so check them out before buying.

I've had Trij's and Mepro's on several pistols . . . I'm not sure what Wilson Combat uses as their night sight of choice, but I'm going back to Mepro's on my Kimber. Whatever sight W/C uses has a silver metallic (?) ring around the tritium insert that reflects light and makes it hard to pick up the sights. My Mepro's, though dead when I got my 1911, had no such ring and were easy to pick up.

:bored:

Color-wise, I've always liked the plain "all green" sights, they're just what I'm used to.

Kimber now owns Meprolight fwiw. I've never owned trij's and my mep's have never failed. I'd like to try some tru-glo, heine, novak...heck i'd like to try them all just to see but mep's is what i've got and i'd recommend them.

Guest CK1

Ameriglo makes the best night sights, the operator's with the wide rear notch, do what most don't, they are good just as sights, but they happen to glow too...

Guest Todd@CIS

If you want traditional 3-Dot sights (sounds like it), I'd go with www.ameriglo.com .

Great product / great customer service. Enter "GSSF" as a discount code and get a 20-25% discount.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest VolGrad
If you want traditional 3-Dot sights (sounds like it), I'd go with www.ameriglo.com .

Great product / great customer service. Enter "GSSF" as a discount code and get a 20-25% discount.

I prefer the Pro Operators in green front/yellow rear .... or get the ProGlo front with the Orange outline It's the bomb. Not sure if they are available though for SIGs. Check and see.

The GSSF code gets you 20% off.

Use code defoor to get 25% off.

+1 on those Ameriglo's

I prefer the Pro Operators in green front/yellow rear .... or get the ProGlo front with the Orange outline It's the bomb. Not sure if they are available though for SIGs. Check and see.

The GSSF code gets you 20% off.

Use code defoor to get 25% off.