ruger sr9c

ok, you guys talked me out of trading my sw 642 for a Taurus 605. Now I have a chance to trade for the ruger sr9c. I know the stopping power is about the same. Is the capacity enough reason to trade? I know you can reload an auto faster usually (I've tried a revolver reload at night, not easy!!) but the revolver is lighter and I don't think you can stick the ruger in your pocket.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, you guys talked me out of trading my sw 642 for a Taurus 605. Now I have a chance to trade for the ruger sr9c. I know the stopping power is about the same. Is the capacity enough reason to trade? I know you can reload an auto faster usually (I've tried a revolver reload at night, not easy!!) but the revolver is lighter and I don't think you can stick the ruger in your pocket.

What do you guys think?

Never get rid of a good handgun if you only have one. Or two or three.

Just wait until you can afford the next one.

That's what I think.

- OS

Guest Drewsett

I love my SR9C...if you don't like your 642 I'd say go for it. The only complaint I've heard is that it's a little tough to rack the slide. I don't think that it's a valid complaint b/c my 5ft, 100lb wife with tiny hands racks the slide with no issues.

I say go for the trade. It is the only way you are probably going to get to try out a wide variety of guns, which then allows you to settle on a small number that you will use and become good with.

Lots of guns sitting in safes that never get used, owner dies and the kids sell them off at pennies on the dollar, pawn them or trade them off themselves. If your gun was a vintage S&W nickel plated Bodyguard or some other collectable, then trading may not make sense, economically or otherwise.

I've traded or re-sold my share of handguns. I really like snubbies, including doing tuning work on the ones I used to have and others'. My daily carry guns are plastic framed guns, why? Reliability, ergonomics, capacity and weight. Also, there is no shortage of 642s if you want to go back to that gun.

If it were me I would go for that SR9C. The SR9Cs, the ones I have monkeyed with, have had very nice triggers.

Here is my little test. I figure if I have to use my gun everything else has gone wrong in my life in seconds or minutes leading up to firearms use, which means I proably won't get to do a two-handed modified Weaver strong-side. So I grab my SD guns weak-side, one-handed and try to shoot fast into a small paper plate. If I can handle the gun that way then I will work with it if I like it otherwise.

There are guns I like that I can't do that drill well with, I don't have any of those any longer. I think I don't have enough money, ammo and time to be as good as I can be with the guns that work for me. Why waste more time on those that don't work so well for me? I have spent considerable time and money finally figuring that out.

Guest Boogieman

Unless you're sentimentally attached to the s&w I'd go for the trade. I am going to either sell my Sigma or throw it in as part of a trade on an sr9c. I was going to go with the m&p but after a bit more research I am going ahead with the ruger. With the setup it comes with its like getting a fullsize and a compact in one.

Guest The Highlander

I love my SR9, and I'll get around to an SR9c at some point. I like the "package" that comes with it, and it feels almost as good as the full-size gun. Although I have to say, I don't have any trouble concealing the SR9 anyway. One reason I haven't jumped on the compact gun yet. I'm really impressed with the SR9 platform, it has actually replaced the Glocks I've carried for 10+ years, at least part of the time.