Blade Show June 4,5 and 6

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blade show is kind of like the Shot show is for guns.There are manufacturers,dealers,distributors,makers supplies and private sellers.

I always find a few great deals.Also many makers have Blade only deals going on.Busse Combat has lot of those.Rick Hinderer sells his XM18s at the show,you have to win a drawing to be able to buy one but if you do you can get one for normal price.I won one of the spots last year to buy one at 285.00 where as if you bought one on the secondary market it would be 550.00 to 600.00 because of the limited supply.

Are there any great deals there, or is it mainly just to see all the exotic stuff?

buk

Approximately 5 years ago the high end custom stuff was ruling the show with few great buys found in a working style knife with few frills. Today the internet has opened up the industry with many makers turning out simple working knives at great prices.

When you jump from the $50 category to the $150 category of which there will be great representative samples at Blade you gain in performance all out of proportion to how much more you are paying.

Guest Caveman
To any of you guys who go, Please look for a Benchmade 45 plain edge Balisong for me, I can not make the show and I would be happy to give you more than you pay for it to pick me up one!

I'm thinking of making the trip. If I do I will take care of you, no upcharge.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that. I received your text after you had left the Busse area and never saw your name tag at the induction dinner.

I wound up with 3 basic 11's in blk/blk, one boss jack in sage/sage with the fuller and choil, and one Scrappie. The SY may be the Dog something but I never can remember those names.

You get anything?

Other than a couple of unavoidable instances I've been going to Blade Show in Atlanta for the past 12 years. With hundreds of custom knife makers and scores of mas market manufacturers and dealers it will overwhelm you if you only take one day to go.

If you've never been to a show with custom makers you'll be amazed at the work a truly talented knife maker can produce. Humbling.

Best "deal" of the show? Any of the knives Stephen Fowler brought with him, ABS Master Smith work from an "apprentice". The other "best deal" is hanging out in The Pit Thursday night.

None of the offerings this year really jumped at me.

I did pick up a Gemini but worked a trade with it yesterday for 2 SAR 3s.

The satin blades are more my taste.

You selling one of those SAR 3's? I have a buddy looking for one about to get on a plane for Germany tomorrow and go home. They sold quick since they are very nice blades.

If anything I will try to trade one for the same thing with red-black scales.

The two I am getting are orange-black.

There are some good deals on the SAR 3s over on BF right now,many people over bought on them.

I have a nice Luminox watch I might trade for one of those B11s.