[Help] I need to buy a GPS

I have a Garmin Zumo 550 (latest model 660 now). It was on the high end, but it is designed for motorcycles, but also comes with a car mount. So I can switch back and forth easily.

I did recently do the lifetime updates on the maps, but that was because I was updating each year and after about twice the lifetime pays for itself. Just a note...the lifetime is for the lifetime of that unit while you own it...it doesn't transfer to a new unit you may buy to a new owner you may sell it to.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

GPS...SHEME Pee sss...has anyone noticed that primary voice on a majority of these electronic dew-dads...is a FEMALE VOICE!!!...are we not MEN! Can we not read a ROAD ATLAS? The GPS is further proof of the wussifaction of man kind...that being said...I have a MIO....

GPS...SHEME Pee sss...has anyone noticed that primary voice on a majority of these electronic dew-dads...is a FEMALE VOICE!!!...are we not MEN! Can we not read a ROAD ATLAS? The GPS is further proof of the wussifaction of man kind...that being said...I have a MIO....

LOL...but Australian Karen is sexy.... :popcorn:

...and not just on the GPS, but for real.

Meet the voice of GPS — and she's good with directions | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

The Woman Behind Garmin's Popular 'Australian Karen' Voice

Karen_Jacobsen.jpg

Guest Glock23ForMe

Hey.. She's not just a female voice!!! HER NAME IS SARAH!!! For real... She'll be like, "Right turn on 2nd Avenue in 0.5 Miles" and I say, "Thank You, Sarah". My GF thinks it's hilarious and if we ever get lost she'll go, "Ask Sarah for help"

Guest spoolie

Magellan 1440

[/thread]

...........and buy the 19.95 traffic cable and enjoy detours around slow traffic/wrecks/road closures. Very affordable....79.99+19.95.

I have a Garmin Zumo 550 (latest model 660 now). It was on the high end, but it is designed for motorcycles, but also comes with a car mount. So I can switch back and forth easily.

I did recently do the lifetime updates on the maps, but that was because I was updating each year and after about twice the lifetime pays for itself. Just a note...the lifetime is for the lifetime of that unit while you own it...it doesn't transfer to a new unit you may buy to a new owner you may sell it to.

I have the Zumo 550 also and love it but it is on the highside because of what it is designed for.

If you have lifetime updates and have to have your GPS replaced Garmin will transfer your lifetime update if you send the old one to them and replace it with the same model through them. Mine has been replaced through them one due to an unscheduled flight in a parking lot. Cracked the casing.

I say one from the Garmin line, check the all out and pick what you like.

Dave,

I have owned 4 other Nuvi's and this is the best model made

Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 1690 4.3-Inch Portable Bluetooth Navigator with nüLink! Services: Electronics

I paid a lot more as I got it when it was just hitting the market, it is by far the best not only GPS but travel companion that you will find, I absolutely love mine,

Edited by willis68