Westboro Babtist UnChurch Plans To Picket Hero's Funeral IN JOHNSON CITY ON MONDAY!!!

ANYONE CARE TO GO TO A FUNERAL??

The Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church has confirmed that members will be in Johnson City on Monday to picket the memorial service of Senior Airman Benjamin D. White, an Erwin resident who was killed in Afghanistan last week. A flier from the group, headed by the statement “God hates America and is killing our troops in his wrath†and dated June 16, states: “Military funerals have become pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom and play ‘Taps’ to a fallen fool.â€

The filer goes on to say that the “message†will be “preached in respectful, lawful proximity†to White’s memorial at Grace Fellowship Church, located on South Greenwood Drive. The flier states Westboro members will be at the service at 6:15 p.m.

White, 24, along with three other airmen, died June 9 when their HH-60G Pavehawk helicopter, assigned to the 55th Rescue Squadron at Davis-Mothan Air Force Base, Ariz., crashed in southeastern Afghanistan.

The Westboro Baptist Church is headed by the Rev. Fred Phelps and is known for picketing funerals of military service personnel in their crusade against homosexuality, displaying signs with such messages as “God Hates America.â€

Keisha Shoun with Johnson City’s community relations office said there are no city laws against peaceful protest and no permit would be required for the Westboro Baptist Church’s planned picket because traffic would not be affected.

My thoughts & prayers go out to the family of Senior Airman Benjamin D. White & others who perished with him, may they RIP. Feck Westboro Babtist UnChurch members. Gawd awful way to lead a life full of hate & teaching their children the same hatred

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I tell you, some vet or distraught relative is eventually gonna come unglued at one of these protests and pop a cap or something at these Westboro loons, just wait and see.

- OS

I'd buy that guy a beer when it happens.

Me too.

I think he'd be more appreciative of a bail payment.

Well, with any luck and donations for a good lawyer, he could get flogged lightly with "temporary insanity" defense.

- OS

Guest Sgt. Joe

I would contribute to both those causes.

Those asshats who do this type of crap have no souls and are in no way an actual church no matter what they tell themselves.

They also came to McKenzie when we said farewell to one of our own in 2005. The local PD did a good job of keeping them away from the family. I believe the Patriot Guard Riders were also in attendance.

I was personally forbidden by my General from going......He knew they were going to be there and I guess he thought I would not handle it well. He was right, I dont think I would put up with such disrespect by these people, calling them people or even human is really a stretch for me.

And to think they protest at the funerals of those heroes who died to give them the right to protest. The simple thought of this group of scum makes me want to barf.

I am sorry to see this. Now this is making me do something that they obviously are not doing. I don't even need to pick up a Bible for this, first thing that comes to mind.

The 2 verses I knew, but I had to look up the books, chapters and verses.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

John 8:7 (King James Version)

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Westboro needs to spend some extra time reading their Bibles, I am trying to be as nice as I can about this.

Things like this get my blood boiling. Groups that foster hate are not the teachings I was taught in the Bible. That is more cult and I will have no part of a cult.

Edited by vontar
last lines added.

All, I received a reply back from one of the ride organizers at Patriot Guard Riders. She said they're not worried because they always prepare for them. The last time they showed up, in May, they left after 5 minutes because the counter-protests, with patriotic songs, etc. just completely drowned these tools out!

It's good to keep aware of idiots like this though. Especially when honoring a fallen hero.

Guest TargetShooter84

The family needs to notify the police and have them on standby ready to arrest those fools for public nuisance....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if this type of thing ever happened at a funeral that I was attending then I would spend the rest of my life in prison and be happy in knowing that I made some examples out of these people.

Guest oldsmobile98

Senior Airman White is one of the many honorable servicemen who have laid down their lives in order to preserve our freedoms.

If only those Westboro numbskulls would stop abusing the freedom of speech...

Really though, in a way, they are only providing us with a greater opportunity to appreciate the sacrifice of White and others like him. Nowhere else in the world would this type of disgusting activity be tolerated except in America. Against the dark hatred spewed by the Westboro folks, we can more clearly see the shining honor of Senior Airman White and of many others who have died fighting for America.

I like your title, calling it the Westboro UnChurch. We are to honor those to sacrifice in order to fight for us and our freedom. Especially those who have fallen.

These fools, these enemies of God, will fall one day, hopefully soon. I will mark it on my calendar to NOT shed a single tear that day, and to celebrate that day ever after.

Senior Airman White is one of the many honorable servicemen who have laid down their lives in order to preserve our freedoms.

If only those Westboro numbskulls would stop abusing the freedom of speech...

Really though, in a way, they are only providing us with a greater opportunity to appreciate the sacrifice of White and others like him. Nowhere else in the world would this type of disgusting activity be tolerated except in America. Against the dark hatred spewed by the Westboro folks, we can more clearly see the shining honor of Senior Airman White and of many others who have died fighting for America.

You are of course correct. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow though.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I'll contribute to both

Guest bkelm18
How come nobody pickets the funerals of the Westboro Baptist Church members? That just occurred to me while reading these posts.

It's called class. They have none.

Guest Glock23ForMe
It's called class. They have none.

Couple that with a lack of Decency, and you have a mix that's headed straight for hell... Especially if you bring it to East TN where people don't take that :)

By police estimates, there were over 2000 folks who showed up and lined the streets leading to the church where the memorial service was held today. Perhaps not surprising, members of the Westboro clan were not among them.