Westboro Babtist UnChurch Plans To Picket Hero's Funeral IN JOHNSON CITY ON MONDAY!!!

Guest Glock23ForMe
By police estimates, there were over 2000 folks who showed up and lined the streets leading to the church where the memorial service was held today. Perhaps not surprising, members of the Westboro clan were not among them.

Good... Maybe they fell asleep with plastic bags over their heads so their god would save them.... Bastards.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ae-35

I'm not surprised they didn't show. Maybe somebody realized that this IS, northeast Tn. I expected them to show up in JC. It's become VERY liberal, with all the "half-backs" moving in. Now Erwin, the boy's home town, is another story. NOT, what you would call a very "tolerant" little town. If they had came to Erwin Saturday, I'm not sure they could have got out alive. After all they did ,hang an elephant in Erwin.

Guest Ae-35

Yep. the old saying is " Justice is swift and sure in Unicoi County!" At least it used to be, now lots of corruption, last month a school employee stole 21 grand, got caught in an audit, and paid it back, with no arrest!!!!!! BS !!!! Used to be, you kill someone, you got 11/29, they catch you stealing chickens, they'll hang you!!!

Guest Glock23ForMe
Yep. the old saying is " Justice is swift and sure in Unicoi County!" At least it used to be, now lots of corruption, last month a school employee stole 21 grand, got caught in an audit, and paid it back, with no arrest!!!!!! BS !!!! Used to be, you kill someone, you got 11/29, they catch you stealing chickens, they'll hang you!!!

I think they caught that AFTER they paid it back IIRC. I may be wrong. I'm from Jonesborough... Born and Raised on a Sawmill...

Guest Ae-35

No, no way, she was suspended the 1st of May, after the audit, the story didn't come out till the middle of the month. The next week she gave the school board a check. Her Husband is also the band director. They're youth counselors at their church, made quite a stink. Rumor is ,she wasn't the only one with their hand in the pie, someone else put up the 21 grand to pay it back, so she kept her mouth shut ,and the school board didn't press charges!!!! Lot more crooks down in the valley than most people realize.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Ahhhh, okay! I wasn't sure, I read something about it in the JC Press online... Guess I recalled incorrectly. I'm sorry. :D

Guest Ae-35

That's ok, the JC Press, just hit the high lites, after all it's just Erwin, local paper had much more, but still not all the " juicy" stuff. I heard much more from an insider who better not named.

• 3 months later...

Westboro Baptist members are among the most detestable people on the planet but they have the right to say what they think.

The ability to express political and religious speech (and both are intertwined in the case of Westboro Baptist) are two of the primary motivators for having a First Amendment and we should do nothing to water it down. If the government can stifle the speech of Westboro then they can stifle the speech of my church or your church or your political party or of any of us.

Is there anything that says a 21 gun salute can not be aimed at those protesters? :D

;) I like your way of thinking! :lol:

This is another one of those situations like the mosque at ground zero as well as the ding dong in Florida who was going to burn the Koran; Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should...

Guest 6.8 AR
Westboro Baptist members are among the most detestable people on the planet but they have the right to say what they think.

The ability to express political and religious speech (and both are intertwined in the case of Westboro Baptist) are two of the primary motivators for having a First Amendment and we should do nothing to water it down. If the government can stifle the speech of Westboro then they can stifle the speech of my church or your church or your political party or of any of us.

In this case, as much as I hate to admit it, I agree. However, by their choice of speech,

they open the door for me to express my speech to them. Get in between them and

the object being protested. See how long they keep it up.

Guest 6.8 AR

Get a big enough crowd, Punisher. When they see they are just being offensive to others

and not accomplishing anything, they will eventually go back home. Maybe they haven't

seen enough opposition, yet.

Their rights end where other people's rights start. their actions infringe on other's rights to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

They most definitely trample on the rights of those mourning the loss of loved ones. I will never see it any other way.

Everyone is so afraid of political correctness that they are afraid of standing up for what's right.

Guest Bonedaddy

I wonder if someone suddenly produced a Tommy gun in front of them and asked, "Who's willing to die for their beliefs?", how many would stand pat? I bet not a damn one.

Get a big enough crowd, Punisher. When they see they are just being offensive to others

and not accomplishing anything, they will eventually go back home. Maybe they haven't

seen enough opposition, yet.

Are you aware of a national organization called The Patriot Guard? I've been on rides with almost 200 bikers. Every time they protest we are there. I can;t imagine much more LEGAL opposition than that.

Here's some of the opposition they have faced...

This one was not PGR related, but this is what happened in Delaware.

Even Busta Rhymes hates them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijO1sOIjVWc&feature=related

Edited by Punisher84
These people make God fearing Baptist churches sick.

Better get used to the idea of seeing them in your Christian heaven, though, as they fulfill the requirements for that, just as I imagine they'll fulfill the requirements for the 1st amendment.

- OS