Does anyone know if it is legal to carry in or around Autozone Park?

AutoZone Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Found my answer:

PROHIBITED ITEMS

In the interest of guest safety and enjoyment, AutoZone Park Management reserves the right to prevent certain items from being brought into AutoZone Park. The following includes, but is not limited to, items that are not allowed into AutoZone Park: 1. Alcohol beverages or illegal drugs 2. Non-alcohol beer 3. Food items 4. Glass bottles or cans 5. Ice chests or hard-sided coolers 6. Camera tri-pods 7. Sticks or clubs (including signs attached to sticks) 8. Fireworks 9. Bullhorns or other noisemakers 10. Confetti 11. Animals (except certified services dogs) 12. Beach balls or other inflatables 13. Bicycles 14. Skateboards or roller blades 15. Squirt guns or super soakers 16. Laser pointers 17. Weapons of any kind 18. Folding lawn chairs, beach style chairs, chaise lounges and lounge style chairs for guests holding a ticket in the TruGreen Bluff area. PERMITTED ITEMS 1. Baby formula, bottles and baby food 2. Medication or other special needs 3. Unopened, soft-sided containers of drinks such as small milk cartons, bottled water, juice boxes or pouches to be brought in only for special medical conditions 4. Cloth bags, soft packs, backpacks and baby bags (subject to search, must fit under seat) 5. Still and video cameras (see "camera and video equipment") 6. Binoculars 7. Seat cushions 8. Umbrellas (subject to size restrictions) 9. Baseball bats for the purpose of autographs (should be stored underneath the seats once the game begins) 10. Fold-up strollers (should be stored under your seat; larger strollers may be claim checked with your usher).

Edited by lunarpowered
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 270win

Autozone Park...like many venues...such as the Orpheum...or a mall...movie theater..are going to have policies against weapons on its property.

Legally? Well up until a couple of weeks ago you were probably on shaky ground carrying at Autozone Park because the ball park sells alcohol. I've been to games and concerts there and everytime the vendors are at least selling beer.

Now that it is not illegal to carry where alcohol is sold and served....you should be legal at the ball park. I have carried there several times (yes in the past when I forgot my gun in my pocket) and no one knows....for one concert I did have to raise my shirt up because the high school kids at the gate evidently think only guns are carried at waist level in holsters....I just walked on by with a snub in my pocket holster. Walking into a baseball game I've never encountered such checking...they just take your ticket and you walk in....again I carried and will carry a snub in a pocket holster.

As long as you aren't drinking inside the ballpark, you should be legal carrying your handgun. I don't ever remember seeing any sort of sign..and I drove by the ballpark last week on Union and didn't see any sort of sign. Don't call and ask Autozone Park...PLEASE DON'T...it will give them the idea to put up signs!

Autozone Park...like many venues...such as the Orpheum...or a mall...movie theater..are going to have policies against weapons on its property.

Legally? Well up until a couple of weeks ago you were probably on shaky ground carrying at Autozone Park because the ball park sells alcohol. I've been to games and concerts there and everytime the vendors are at least selling beer.

Now that it is not illegal to carry where alcohol is sold and served....you should be legal at the ball park. I have carried there several times (yes in the past when I forgot my gun in my pocket) and no one knows....for one concert I did have to raise my shirt up because the high school kids at the gate evidently think only guns are carried at waist level in holsters....I just walked on by with a snub in my pocket holster. Walking into a baseball game I've never encountered such checking...they just take your ticket and you walk in....again I carried and will carry a snub in a pocket holster.

As long as you aren't drinking inside the ballpark, you should be legal carrying your handgun. I don't ever remember seeing any sort of sign..and I drove by the ballpark last week on Union and didn't see any sort of sign. Don't call and ask Autozone Park...PLEASE DON'T...it will give them the idea to put up signs!

When I went to Autozone Park, they had no gun signs up at the entrances. They also have them at the TGIFridays right beside it.

• 1 month later...
Guest uofmeet

Guess they want use to risk our lives for a baseball game. Going their tonight, and I am def not gonna leave my gun in the car, guess it will have to stay home.

Guest 270win

I've driven by Autozone Park quite a bit on Union and looked at the metal gate entrances and never seen compliant signs put up at all the entrances. Maybe I'm missing these signs. I was down there a week or two ago and drove down Union and looked and then drove up Second or Third (cant remember which is one way and goes by Autozone Park)and didn't see any signs from my car on the gate entrances.

I don't walk around downtown Memphis without my snub.

Who owns Autozone park? Is it owned by a private coroporation or is it owned by the city?

If it's owned by the city, I'd think it would fall under this:

§39-17-1311

It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, with

the intent to go armed, any weapon prohibited by § 39-17-1302(a), not used solely for

instructional, display or sanctioned ceremonial purposes, in or on the grounds of any

public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned,

used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof,

for recreational purposes.

Guest 270win

I believe Autozone Park is owned by the Redbirds franchise. Either way don't call the Redbirds and give them the idea to put up the right signs in the right locations to definitely make it illegal.

Who owns Autozone park? Is it owned by a private coroporation or is it owned by the city?

If it's owned by the city, I'd think it would fall under this:

§39-17-1311

It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, with

the intent to go armed, any weapon prohibited by § 39-17-1302(a), not used solely for

instructional, display or sanctioned ceremonial purposes, in or on the grounds of any

public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned,

used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof,

for recreational purposes.

But also 39-17-1311 it is legal by default to carry in city/county parks. To make it illegal they have to pass a resoltuion and properly post the park with sign worded "exactly" like what is in 39-17-1311.

Edited by Fallguy
That's why I quit going to the games. I feel pretty safe inside the park, but the walk to the park is where I need to be armed!

That's what I've always said about Restaurant Carry. It's not so much that I expect trouble inside. It's the to and from the parking lot, street, etc.