Retirement/Hunting

I don't know if this is they right forum to post this...but here goes. I would like to announce to all my TGO friends on the hunting forum that I am retiring from Government service after 36 years. After serving in the military as an MP Wildlife Officer and a 22 year stint with the Fort Campbell Fire Department, I've turned in my "hero gear" and am retired from service as of 30 June. It is my plan to travel around the state and hunt whatever! Any of ya'll need a good hunting buddy..."I'm your huckleberry"! I plan on a pig hunt soon and the hunt out east ya'll have been talking about! Thirty six years of service is enough!

I can't wait to meet some of ya'll!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations WD. Thanks for all your service to our country. Just wish about 85% of those on welfare had your dedication to this great country. Enjoy your retirement... you earned it! Good and safe hunting.

"To anger a Conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a Liberal, tell him the truth"! Theodore Roosevelt

Guest GunTroll

Good for you WD! When its tree rat season you gonna call me up and have me put a few down this year with you? Thanks for your time put in! Good move on getting out now. I hear rumors about raising the retirement age for gov. service employees.

Troll I hope not....Got a bunch of tanning to do, and hunting, and fishing and ect., ect. My first official act is to go on a guided pig hunt with dogs. I have always wanted to hunt trophy hogs with dogs, and I hear the adrenaline rush is "unreal"!

Guest GunTroll

Were you thinking of going? I hear east TX is a winner. Maybe one day I'll take you to my SC farm to put some down. We are over run with them when we plant peanuts, corn, and soy. I think we are growing cotton this year so its not promising for hogs in our farm fields where I like to catch em'. Keep that in mind cause I'm still looking for some TN private permission given/ buddy hunt land. Wink/ wink!