Guest eyebedam

We should probably all stop talking about how gay they are & how stupid they look. Naifeh or his henchman may read this then require us to wear them just for spite.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TNDixieGirl
you all think I am kidding, I getting one. That way when i carry concealed the cops will know I am a good guy.

I just need to decide what to have put on it.

How about "FBI Ninja"?? :eek:

Guest nraforlife

I carry deep concealed. Only God, my wife and myself know that I am carrying. Sheeple don't get upset and no looks from LEO. Don't want the unnecessary attention that phony baloney badge would draw.

Guest dotsun
you all think I am kidding, I getting one. That way when i carry concealed the cops will know I am a good guy.

I just need to decide what to have put on it.

Deputy Fife? :)

I don't have a badge, nor would I wear one, but....

I carry deep concealed. Only God, my wife and myself know that I am carrying. Sheeple don't get upset and no looks from LEO. Don't want the unnecessary attention that phony baloney badge would draw.

The couple of people I've talked to that wore them, did not wear them when they carried concealed. They had the badge on their belt next to their openly carried weapon.

or he could get this printed on it.

"Im going to jail if a real Policeman see this thing"

I don't think simply wearing that badge would cause you to go to jail for impersonating an officer. Many other professions (Firefighter, EMT/Paramedic, Security Guard) wear a badge, so I think it would take more than just that.

Guest TNDixieGirl
That;s illegal in TN. THat's why you dont see too many geeks in this part of the country. In CA they're protected though.

LOLOL ;)

On what charge? Being a geek?

well if you brandish, or attach it to a firearms... or on a belt next to a firearm... then that gives the "assumption" your a police officer. See there are places in the law for Security, Fire, Police, PI's and Emt's to wear badges.... and they have to be licensed or commissioned to do so. There is no provision what so ever for a handgun permit holder to legally wear a badge.

If you see someone wearing a badge next to a gun, most reasonable people will assume he is a police officer. Thats engaging in an activity that is ordinarily and customarily an activity established by law as a law enforcement activity

I guess it boils down to someones actions as well. I already know of three cases where a HCP holder has tried to get into the movies for free acting like they are the police. These are the same type of people that make their cars look like police cars too. IMHO, Its just a matter of time until someone gets arrested for it. I have spoken to too many police officers about it... its a grey area.. But they are looking for that "TEST" case. Several DA's have also given the green light to make the arrests to, at least thats what I have been told. Oh yea the charge will probably be impersonation or criminal impersonation...

• Engaging in an activity that is ordinarily and customarily an activity established by law as a law enforcement activity; and

• Causing another to believe that the person is a law enforcement officer. Tenn. Code Ann. § 40-35-111

Guest TNDixieGirl

I would think they'd have to be doing something other than simply wearing the badge to be arrested for impersonation. If they are simply walking around with it attached to their belt, that'd be a pretty dumbass officer to make that arrest.

That isnt an activity.

Who wears guns and badges? Private security agents, LEOs, private citizens, little kids playing dress up...I dont see the point.

True...

Also people look at other people and "assume" many things, but that doesn't make the assumption true or a violation of the law.

I want one and I am going to wear it right over my heart. To heck with that tacticool wearing it next to the holster stuff .

How is the man supposed to know I am an HCP holder if it is not prominently displayed. Bet I don't get arrested for it neither.

:)