• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest 9MM+357

Hi,

We took the handgun carry permit course yesterday through S.A.T.S. in Franklin TN. Most of the instructors are still in or retired from the police dept. They were pushing and encouraging everyone to purchase these badges. I personally thought it was a good idea. They explained that having the badge next to the gun can give the average person some level of comfort if they do see your gun. It is not a sign of impersonating an officer, as the badge clearly says it is for the hangun carry permit. Many people around are not comfortable and don't like guns. If they see you with a gun in some shopping store, they might be scared and even think you are there to rob or kill someone. The badge is there to give them some assurance that you are safe, if they do see your gun.

For me if SATS is pushing them, I think it's a good thing.

hahahahaha go and get a badge, I love them and wish I had two! Mine says

"Double Nought Spy"

Of course I want to appear to be official and hope people think I am a cop.

Personally I could give a crap if my gun makes people in WalMart nervous. That is their trouble, not mine. If someone think I am there to kill someone they need to ask themselves if they need killing.

Guest bkelm18
Hi,

We took the handgun carry permit course yesterday through S.A.T.S. in Franklin TN. Most of the instructors are still in or retired from the police dept. They were pushing and encouraging everyone to purchase these badges. I personally thought it was a good idea. They explained that having the badge next to the gun can give the average person some level of comfort if they do see your gun. It is not a sign of impersonating an officer, as the badge clearly says it is for the hangun carry permit. Many people around are not comfortable and don't like guns. If they see you with a gun in some shopping store, they might be scared and even think you are there to rob or kill someone. The badge is there to give them some assurance that you are safe, if they do see your gun.

Do you read a cop's badge everytime you see one? No, you don't. Just like people won't read the HCP badge when they see it. They'll just assume you're a cop. Carrying a gun with a license is not illegal. Making people think you are a cop is. My stance has always been and always will be that a person who wears one is a moron. Your license is the only identification you need when carrying. Period.

Guest dotsun

Thank God for the S.A.T.S. endorsement. I'll wear my badge with pride on my mall ninja rig! Mike, I think you may be a good candidate for sensitivity training. :stick:

Guest 9MM+357

I did not purchase one at the class because I thought at $50 they were too expensive. Many people did purchase them, but I figured you can always find something cheaper over the internet. Maybe these guys at SATS were pushing them just to get some sold, they were also selling hats, shirts, etc..

I did not purchase one at the class because I thought at $50 they were too expensive. Many people did purchase them, but I figured you can always find something cheaper over the internet. Maybe these guys at SATS were pushing them just to get some sold, they were also selling hats, shirts, etc..

I think you hit on the point as to why they were pushing them right there.

At one time I thought a badge might be a good idea, but after reading several forums it was fairly easy to decide it's not that great of an idea. IMO the "public" should be comfortable seeing an armed citizen who is acting lawfully whether there is badge on them or not. But if they are not, then that is something for them to deal with not for me to pander to.

Hi,

I also went through the S.A.T.S. program. They were the greatest bunch of guys, and with them as "teachers", the 8 hours simply flew by. I recommend S.A.T.S. to anyone who asks about the HCP courses, and even some who don't. I plan on going back for additional courses.

That being said, I couldn't help but laugh when they recommended those Cracker Jack badges. You're kidding right? They weren't recommending those badges anymore than they were recommending their T-Shirts and other goodies. As a matter of fact, when I took my class, they were kinda like drug pushers when it came to these shirts they just had made for the women. I wish I could remember what they said, but I can't. The badges, shirts, and all the other goodies were there to make extra money. On top of that, I really think roughly $50 price tag for one of those badges is a ripoff.

Come on! You know the only people who really want to wear those badges are the very same people just dying to get their greasy little fingers on one of those really narly Crown Vic's or Chevy Caprice from the local police auction.

Face it, only Jake and Elwood Blues can pull that off, and pull it off with style.

Guest GLOCKGUY

14104_164_laughing_1_1.gif14104_164_laughing_1_1.gif14104_164_laughing_1_1.gif

Come on! You know the only people who really want to wear those badges are the very same people just dying to get their greasy little fingers on one of those really narly Crown Vic's or Chevy Caprice from the local police auction.

Face it, only Jake and Elwood Blues can pull that off, and pull it off with style.

Guest GLOCKGUY
i like to wear my badge with my F.B.I hat i got at the flea market when i go to the mall or just out on the town :stick: J/K

oh ya i forgot i also carry this to :D14104_SW500_1.jpg

Dave I am the total opposite of sensitive, as you well know. I don't doubt you really have a badge somewhere in you "closet". hahahahaha I am too old and fat to give a care about what most people think.

I do wish I would see some joker out and about wearing his badge. I know for sure I would go and poke fun at them. Probably ask if they were police or something. I have no doubt I would laugh at them.

to 9mm+357 I believe those guys you took your training from are trying to make some cash. Don't buy one and wear it. Do yourself a favor here.