Please vote on this poll

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

Oh, man! I just saw the stat under the results. This'll run for a year. Hope it doesn't take long to get the pattern of voting set up.

And just below that is a running "live" tally of our climbing national debt. Shocking.

Edited by jackdm3

You got me vote on there.

If someone is good as PhotoShop I have an Idea for a photoshop project, but I am somewhat concerned I might actually offend someone here on the site, probably not though.

When my mind gets to working, and I get started I have to be careful as I can go 2 far 2 easy.

Whatever happened to the Costitutional right to Freedom To Worship the Religion of your Choice??????

Guys, not all Muslims are America hating terrorists.

True, but Islam is at direct odds with American ideology, the Constitution, and individual liberty, life and the pursuit of happiness. Islam is not just a religion. It is a social, political, and economic system that has to take away personal freedom to enforce. You can't separate one from the other.

We gotta be sharper than to let them use our own freedom to enslave us.

True, but Islam is at direct odds with American ideology, the Constitution, and individual liberty, life and the pursuit of happiness. Islam is not just a religion. It is a social, political, and economic system that has to take away personal freedom to enforce. You can't separate one from the other.

We gotta be sharper than to let them use our own freedom to enslave us.

But if they're not taking away your personal freedoms, just their own, why the problem? There are fanatics in all religions, (well, maybe not Bhuddists) the 1% that lend the rest to stereotyping. Back in England I lived in a very high Muslim/Christian ratio population & to be honest, I never, ever had a problem with any of them, nor did I hear of anyone havin trouble with them. My nearest major city has over 300 Mosques (Bradford) & almost zero trouble from Muslims (Or for that matter, Sikhs, Hindus or Jains)

I'm not a religious person at all, but I admire those that have Belief in whatever form it may take. I just wish that everyone could be more tolerant of each other's beliefs & opinions.

But if they're not taking away your personal freedoms, just their own, why the problem? There are fanatics in all religions, (well, maybe not Bhuddists) the 1% that lend the rest to stereotyping. Back in England I lived in a very high Muslim/Christian ratio population & to be honest, I never, ever had a problem with any of them, nor did I hear of anyone havin trouble with them. My nearest major city has over 300 Mosques (Bradford) & almost zero trouble from Muslims (Or for that matter, Sikhs, Hindus or Jains)

I'm not a religious person at all, but I admire those that have Belief in whatever form it may take. I just wish that everyone could be more tolerant of each other's beliefs & opinions.

So which Muslim country would you suggest someone live in? If you haven't realized the massive problem England (or Spain for that matter) has had in moving away from democracy and their curtailing to Islamic law, then you have missed the forest for the trees.

History is also very clear of what happens when Islam is the prominent majority. Iran anyone? Iraq anyone? Lebanon? Think about it.

Guest 70below

Is this going to be the only mosque available to worship in? Is this the only location a mosque can be constructed. Are we blocking individuals from purchasing private property to construct a mosque?

Guest 70below

Additionally, since no one seems to know anything about this poll, I took a moment and looked it up. Apparently local groups are upset about the mosque and they had hoped a local school would purchase it (the movie theatre). It appears its not gov't owned or operated, and is private land. So I don't understand the debate.

Edited by 70below
Guest 70below

"That's the mask, but not the substance. "

How so? Are you saying that there are those that are rejecting the idea because of personal beliefs? Of course there are. There always will be, but there are those that may have other gripes too. My statement was simply that I didn't view the poll itself as an attack on religion, someone can twist it anyway they like, But just from a quick look at a poll with no other data or information to go by, there was nothing in my mind that said that someone is blackballing a religious group.

Additionally, since no one seems to know anything about this poll, I took a moment and looked it up. Apparently local groups are upset about the mosque and they had hoped a local school would purchase it. It appears its not gov't owned or operated, and is private land. So I don't understand the debate.

It is a 55k+ sq ft. projected building for some 200 Muslims in the area. If you know anything about Islam you would know that once a mosque is built it can never been vacated or torn down. It appears to be a clear indication of the Muslims intent to attract and maintain a large permanent community just south of Nashville. Think it's tin foil? Go talk to the people in Michigan and other areas where they are taking over entire towns, government and all. This has been tried by other cults in the past, but none have the support and backing like Islam does.

"That's the mask, but not the substance. "

How so? Are you saying that there are those that are rejecting the idea because of personal beliefs? Of course there are. There always will be, but there are those that may have other gripes too. My statement was simply that I didn't view the poll itself as an attack on religion, someone can twist it anyway they like, But just from a quick look at a poll with no other data or information to go by, there was nothing in my mind that said that someone is blackballing a religious group.

No go the other way. I was agreeing with you. Some will simply say No or Yes and have no clue why. It is an issue larger than one mosque in TN, thus my previous post about the historical facts in Euorpe as well as the current issues countries like England, Spain, and France have with this very problem. Islam is no different in practice than Russian communism, Italian fascism, or German Nazism. However, what makes it more dangerous is that it is first recognized as a religion followed by system where the others were regarded as primarily political systems. However they all have strong ideology followed by specific enforcing systems.

For example there were a lot of good German Nazi's that would have been appalled if they were aware of what was going on in Berlin.

Guest jackdm3

"can never been vacated or torn down"

1. How can it be that they'd not feel like moving on en masse to more inviting environs gradually and have no need for the building?

2. How would it not be torn down if it were harmed by the "acts of God"? Can't see any municipality leaving an eyesore and hazardous pile to become a playground.

If there are 200 Baptists in Nashville, should the rest of the town be able to vote their right to have a church away, because they are not Baptists?

Regardless of what Islam believes, they cannot take away your rights and freedoms. In Iraq or Iran they make up such as big a majority as non-Muslims do in America. The fact that our Constitution won't allow a majority to trample on a minority is what makes us a great country.