Be Careful of Regions Banks

Guest Mudlizard

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Union Planters was a decent bank, even though I had a problem with them "not being on the same system" when I went to college, then Regions Bought them, they did ok. Then the merger between Regions and AmSouth. The new "Regions" is in name only, the bank is 100% Amsouth, from executive management to corporate identity, to operating procedures.

My experience in this: I worked for AmSouth, left/got fired, went to Regions...a few months after that the merger was announced. The transition was horrible, the mentality was horrible, the employee spirits were horrible.

Edited by db99wj

My small business and I broke up with Regions today. It was too bad that I had to disarm to do it. I told the manager it is company policy that we don't do go into posted private businesses. ;)

Photo280.jpg

Regions-Account-Closed2.jpg

I"m in a BNI group with a Reigons VP/Manager. I told him that there were tons of pissed off people on TGO and different gun related boards.

He was going to "look into it'...we will see. If nothing changes...I'll be moving my 4 accounts from Reigons.

Guest 270win

Agave,

Have you found a decent bank? I'm in the process of looking things over to switch from Regions to either Suntrust or Bank of America. I need ATM's that are all over the place to avoid fees. I hate switching banks and the hassle involved but i'm not being labeled a criminal by my bank for the snub in my pocket.

Guest db99wj
Agave,

Have you found a decent bank? I'm in the process of looking things over to switch from Regions to either Suntrust or Bank of America. I need ATM's that are all over the place to avoid fees. I hate switching banks and the hassle involved but i'm not being labeled a criminal by my bank for the snub in my pocket.

Try Renasant Bank. I have my personal account with them, I can use Regions, First TN, Suntrust, etc, and the refund all my ATM fees. I will get a 2-3 dollar charge, I agree to it, then Renasant refunds it immediately. Gotta love community banks.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I started out many moons ago when I came to TN with Regions, I hated it and moved to Union Planters, they were a good bit better but then Regions bought them out....:D

I then moved everything to AmSouth which was the best, untill....They merged with Regions double:poop:

I then joined a local Credit Union and have not looked back, my only regret with the Credit Union is that I did not do it much sooner.

As for ATM's I can use any one in the country and if there is a fee the CU picks it up, so for me there are no ATM fees ever. Better rates on every type of loan and now after several years very personal and first name service no mater which of the few branches I use.

I recommend all of you looking to change banks for any reason to look for a Credit Union in your area and join it if you can. If I ever move from here I will be keeping at least a savings account open with these folks and where ever I end up I will be looking for another Credit Union.......NO more banks for me.

I have talked to two different branch managers and the main loan officer and they all told me that they would never even think of posting. So far so good:)

Several banks are on ATM "networks" now as well. I bank at local bank in town, only has two places...main office and one branch. But they are on the Money Belt ATM network. So as long as another bank is on that same network, no ATM fee.

I admit it might be a bit more trouble having to make sure an ATM is on a network than going to a bank of the same name, but you do what you have to.

Gentlemen, not being from TN, I was wondering, Is posing a branch decision or a corporate decision?

In this case, we don't yet know.

But it's not logical to believe that all these various branches have all of a sudden decided to post because each branch just thought of it.

The only odd thing is that at least SOME branches are still not (yet?) posted.

- OS

Guest Caveman
In this case, we don't yet know.

But it's not logical to believe that all these various branches have all of a sudden decided to post because each branch just thought of it.

The only odd thing is that at least SOME branches are still not (yet?) posted.

- OS

Did none of you read my post???? I spoke with the Director of Security, the postings were ordered from the corporate office.

Edited by Caveman
Guest Caveman
I started out many moons ago when I came to TN with Regions, I hated it and moved to Union Planters, they were a good bit better but then Regions bought them out....:D

I then moved everything to AmSouth which was the best, untill....They merged with Regions double:poop:

I then joined a local Credit Union and have not looked back, my only regret with the Credit Union is that I did not do it much sooner.

As for ATM's I can use any one in the country and if there is a fee the CU picks it up, so for me there are no ATM fees ever. Better rates on every type of loan and now after several years very personal and first name service no mater which of the few branches I use.

I recommend all of you looking to change banks for any reason to look for a Credit Union in your area and join it if you can. If I ever move from here I will be keeping at least a savings account open with these folks and where ever I end up I will be looking for another Credit Union.......NO more banks for me.

I have talked to two different branch managers and the main loan officer and they all told me that they would never even think of posting. So far so good:)

I have used Knoxville Post Office Credit Union since I was 16 and agree with you, a credit union is the way to go.

Guest Caveman
You're asking in a post if anyone read your post? If they didn't I've gotta say I don't think they'll see that one either.

Yes, I posted a question asking if anyone read my previous post earlier in the thread because they are asking questions that have already been answered by said post. I don't see what is confusing about that. :dirty:

Guest Caveman
I'm not saying it's confusing, just questioning the effectiveness of the tactic of using the previously ignored format to try and get their attention.

Ahhhh....gotcha, my mistake.

Shut it Brian. :dirty:

Guest Caveman
Ever gotten an email that said, "if you don't get this, let me know?"

I have.

- OS

No I haven't, but I always love it when people leave voice messages and say, "hey,it's me, call me back...."

Guest db99wj

I replied to something regarding this earlier, but per Regions policy you can't no put up unauthorized signs, they have to go through approval. Most signage comes down from corporate, which security would be a part of. The branch, once in receipt of the signage, are suppose to put it up. Some are and will be slower than others. The fact that the sign has popped up in numerous places around the state, tells me that it is a corporate decision. Thats how it was in 2007 anyway.

Guest 270win

Thanks for telling me about Renesant. I haven't checked them out yet. I didn't know they would refund your ATM fees for using Regions, Suntrust. That would solve my getting money when out of town problem without getting hit with fees. I've been reading stuff about Suntrust and they seem to be having a lot of problems like other large banks and could be bought out.