Be Careful of Regions Banks

Guest Mudlizard

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluemarlin
I stopped @ the Regions in Oak Ridge to use the ATM earlier in the day. The ATM is located between the inner and outer doors as you walk in the front. The outer door is not posted. I looked at the inner door and it isn't posted either however I looked at the area around the door and on the lower left side lite there is a small gun buster sign that is about 3 X 5. It had text in small font under the circle symbol. I don't know what it says since I would have had to put reading glasses on and bent over to see it. The sign actually looked worn as if it has been there for quite some time.

That sign is not old and it is the correct posting. It is a gunbuster sign along with the proper wording as long as the state law number it cited is correct. I will find the correct state law number and go back to see if it matches, but it is a gunbuster sign nonetheless.

That sign is not old and it is the correct posting. It is a gunbuster sign along with the proper wording as long as the state law number it cited is correct. I will find the correct state law number and go back to see if it matches, but it is a gunbuster sign nonetheless.

39-17-1359.

But if gunbuster sign there, that's all it takes.

- OS

Guest Caveman

I made some calls concerning the new postings and after a few days I received a call from the Director of Security for Regions. He was a cool guy, I spoke with him for 20 minutes or so. He is a veteran LEO and agreed with most of what I had to say. He informed me the reason for the postings is not because they believe it will keep the BG's from coming in, it is because of HCP holders that the signs have been posted. According to him, several Regions branches have had "issues" with HCP holders open carrying in the banks. This causes a problem for them as the staff and other patrons "don't know who is a permit holder and who isn't." After complaints from their staff and patrons, they decided to issue a corporate posting policy. The Regions Banks that are not posted will be eventually, they all will. After discussing the matter, he apologized stating, "a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else" and told me there was nothing I could do.

I made some calls concerning the new postings and after a few days I received a call from the Director of Security for Regions. He was a cool guy, I spoke with him for 20 minutes or so. He is a veteran LEO and agreed with most of what I had to say. He informed me the reason for the postings is not because they believe it will keep the BG's from coming in, it is because of HCP holders that the signs have been posted. According to him, several Regions branches have had "issues" with HCP holders open carrying in the banks. This causes a problem for them as the staff and other patrons "don't know who is a permit holder and who isn't." After complaints from their staff and patrons, they decided to issue a corporate posting policy. The Regions Banks that are not posted will be eventually, they all will. After discussing the matter, he apologized stating, "a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else" and told me there was nothing I could do.
Anyone else want to impress us with their "right"? Anyone?

I admit it based on what has been posted it is obvious that in the case the posting(s) are in direct response to someone OCing.

However as "impressed" as some may be by others displaying their "rights" am just as impressed by a national company having such a response to a legal activity. They say they are worried about not knowing who has HCP or not....well what about the state where OC is legal without a permit? If the person is not doing anything else to violate the law, why worry if they have a permit or not?

We all know that BGs OC their weapons as well right......well what are they going to do when BG OCs and robs the bank....charge him with violating 39-17-1359 as well?

If they really don't want patrons OCing how about a sign that says that instead of prohibiting carry all together?

Just as some may be upset because they feel those that OC have harmed them in some way.....I am upset that a few sheeple can affect such things in the first place.

Guest KimberChick
Anyone else want to impress us with their "right"? Anyone?

Indeed. Private industry can do what they want. They keep getting nagged by scared patrons(i.e. interrupted throughout the day by someone pointing out an open carry)and they will post. Changing banks will only help temporarily IMHO as they will have the same customer "concerns" over OC'ers that interrupt the employees' day. Having to address the concerned customer is more what this is about. It takes time away from doing real, actual business.

I want to move my money from Regions to another bank for entirely different reasons.

One, their interest rates BLOW. There are a couple local outfits that are doing 2-3% and my Regions acct is scraping up .5%

Two, they hold my DD paychecks for 2-3 days for absolutely no reason(they've admitted they don't know why they do it) after it's released from our company account at First TN. First TN says it shouldn't be happening either. Not currently an issue but I'd hate to have it become one!

Three, they state they have one supposed "order of operations" for debits and credits to your account but choose to do them in whichever order suits them as far as fee accrual is concerned. That's not a problem for me currently or in the foreseeable future but also not something I want to have to deal with should my circumstances abruptly change. Items two and three have become issues for a couple family members and a few friends and it's a PITA to get them to follow their own written policies and fix things. I think they figure most people will just take the hit.

After discussing the matter, he apologized stating, "a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else" and told me there was nothing I could do.

Sure you can, there are other banks. :D Or, the bank could post that OC is not allowed - TCA does allow that. I've already brought up changing banks to my wife. Maybe I'll find a smaller bank that will listen to customers and not tell them "nothing you can do".

Guest Caveman
Sure you can, there are other banks. :D Or, the bank could post that OC is not allowed - TCA does allow that. I've already brought up changing banks to my wife. Maybe I'll find a smaller bank that will listen to customers and not tell them "nothing you can do".

They are not going to change their signs and the store I manage has a small business loan through Regions which means I have to use them for my commercial banking. Regions is not my personal bank. Regions suck anyway, this just makes them suck more.

Guest Caveman
I admit it based on what has been posted it is obvious that in the case the posting(s) are in direct response to someone OCing.

However as "impressed" as some may be by others displaying their "rights" am just as impressed by a national company having such a response to a legal activity. They say they are worried about not knowing who has HCP or not....well what about the state where OC is legal without a permit? If the person is not doing anything else to violate the law, why worry if they have a permit or not?

We all know that BGs OC their weapons as well right......well what are they going to do when BG OCs and robs the bank....charge him with violating 39-17-1359 as well?

If they really don't want patrons OCing how about a sign that says that instead of prohibiting carry all together?

Just as some may be upset because they feel those that OC have harmed them in some way.....I am upset that a few sheeple can affect such things in the first place.

I agree with you concerning a few people whining affecting a big business, but that is how things are today. I also agree that they could just post a "no OC" sign, but no business is going to do that. Regions Bank's logic is flawed, but regardless I cannot carry there now. I am not going to debate OC vs CC with anyone, this is just how it is. Right, wrong or indifferent, if you are going to OC then you might be affecting other permit holders and I think that is something to take into consideration when decided whether to OC.

Edited by Caveman
I agree with you concerning a few people whining affecting a big business, but that is how things are today. I also agree that they could just post a "no OC" sign, but no business is going to do that. Regions Bank's logic is flawed, but regardless I cannot carry there now. I am not going to debate OC vs CC with anyone, this is just how it is. Right, wrong or indifferent, if you are going to OC then you might be affecting other permit holders and I think that is something to take into consideration when decided whether to OC.

I do agree that is apparently how things are today, although they souldn't be.

I no longer live in Milan, but work close and have to go into town tomorrow, so will check the one there then.

I agree, if it is corporate, you'd think it would be all.

But I'm not sure how many "levels" of control there are for Regions. Could be only those banks under a certain level of control or just not all banks have got around to it yet.

They are not going to change their signs and the store I manage has a small business loan through Regions which means I have to use them for my commercial banking.

In that case, you are stuck with them. I didn't realize things out of your control were tying you to them, otherwise I wouldn't have even brought up changing banks.

Guest Broomhead

The Regions branch on Charlotte Pike across from St Mary's Church and School is still not posted, as of yesterday. I am still thinking of switching banks though, I used to like Regions until they started tacking on overdraft fees resulting from overdraft fees. It just snowballed from there. Ended up being almost $500 worth of fees before I was able to get to the bank and make a deposit large enough to stop it. That was a rough month for sure.

Guest 270win

I'm not too happy with that because I travel all over the southern US at times and have a Regions account. Suntrust does not have branches in Arkansas. Bank of America does. All the big ones took bailouts. The small ones didn't, but I'll be hit with ATM fees when using an ATM. I've never seen a sign at Bank of America or Regions in the Memphis area or Arkansas. If these signs are going up statewide and are 'legal', my account will be closed. I might as well do like the old timers and just keep my money in a snuff jar in the yard!

Guest 270win

I went to a Regions Bank in Bartlett on Stage Road to get some cash from the ATM and thought I'd pull in front of the branch to see the doors and any sign. I saw an automatic pistol with a slash on it from the parking lot. The location is at Kate Bond and Stage Road. Kind of ticks me off because I dont particularly care to get handle business deposits without a gun (which I won't sign or no sign). Whoever thought this stuff up at Regions is NUTS because a lot of us who carry cash/deposits/work stuff carry a gun for protection.

I'm going to have to figure out some other large bank that has branches in TN and Arkansas. I can't do business with a bank that is stupid enough to think I'll not carry my gun when toting money. I'll conceal in the mean time until I get my other account going and then tell them why I'm closing it and my wife's account. Just a way to shoot themselves in the foot with business people.

Guest db99wj

I will go out on a limb and say that since the sign is showing up in multiple cities across the state that it is definitely a corporate decision. The signs have been sent to all branches. It Is the branches job to put them up or have them put up. They are very particular on what signs can be put up and typically have an approval policy, with the exception of a "community event board" where stuff from the community can be put up. If I was still managing a branch I would allow it no matter the sign.

Guest 270win

If these guys want to run off deposits, this is a way to do it. I cannot bank with someone who wants to LEGALLY (some would say) keep me from protecting myself when working/making deposits. Some folks would say just use the drive through. I sometimes have to go inside. I've used Regions for quite a long time before they bought Union Planters in Memphis and Amsouth in Birmingham. It is a big hassle for me to go to another bank and open up another account but I'm not having a bank treat me like a criminal (technically in TN 500 dollar fine) where I haul checks/cash for my business. I'll just keep on concealing until I get this straightened out. All the banks are a mess right now financially...I hear people are happy with Suntrust (no branches in AR though but convenient for my wife) and Bank of America (branches in Arkansas). I am curious what the fees are with each. I guess when in Arkansas I can always go into Wal mart or Kroger and get cash back on a coke to avoid an ATM fee.