Be Careful of Regions Banks

Guest Mudlizard

No one making the same arguments for keeping guns out of their business addresses the guns that are the problem and those are the ones that are in the hands of the criminals who don't give a hoot about what sign is on the door. All they are doing is turning away law abiding citizens. Granted, there will be a very small fraction of HCP holders that cause a problem but by posting these signs just what have they accomplished. They have deceived the sheeple into feeling like they are safe while losing us as customers.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I went by the Regions Bank today at the Franklin Rd location in Brentwood, TN. Just noticed they have posted the no guns sign. I didn't notice it, or it wasn't there, about a month ago when I was last in there. I will be closing our accounts there as soon as practicable, and I will be spreading the word about Regions to all my CCW friends. They are denying me a Constitutional right, so they can kiss my behind.

Guest Paulie771

The one on N. Thompson in Murfreesboro and in Eagleville are both post now too.

I was also told by the very nice, understanding lady at the Eagleville location that it's not expected to prevent any crime, it's just to make customers happy. How about that? She understood why we were pulling our accounts and was happy to see "young people with values."

Guest guardlobo

Alright guys, let's quit complaining and take some action.

Contact Regions at Regions | Contact Us

This is the message I sent:

"I was wanting to open an account with you, but discovered that you forbid carrying weapons in your banks. It is my constitutional right to bear arms, and I will not do business with anyone who encroaches upon my freedom. I have taken my business elsewhere. If you remove your anti-gun signs and allow concealed carry in your banks, I would like to be notified so that I can open an account with you immediately. I do not feel safe carrying large amounts of money into a bank without being armed every step of the way. Thank you."

Or you could send a message like this if you are already a customer:

"I have been pleased with your service to this point, but am needing to close my accounts with you because you forbid carrying weapons in your banks. It is my constitutional right to bear arms, and I will not do business with anyone who encroaches upon my freedom. I am taking my business elsewhere. If you remove your anti-gun signs and allow concealed carry in your banks, I would like to be notified so that I can re-open an account with you immediately. I do not feel safe carrying large amounts of money into a bank without being armed every step of the way. Thank you."

Also, if you don't want to give your personal info to an anti-gun entity when sending them something, you can:

Use your first name (or nickname) and the initial of your middle or last name instead of your whole first and last name (but don't send too many John Smith's or they will stop listening)

12345 works for a zip.

Pick a random city if you want, but it might be best to accurately inform them of your state of residence.

I gave them my real email to see what their response is, but you can do whatever.

Would the bank rather have a robber leave with some money or have a dead bank robber laying in their lobby? Society is better off with the dead bad guy. Bank probably feels better to have cops catch him later.

Edited by Mechanic_X
sloppy
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Note the Regions location in Bartlett on Stage down by Leslie Pool Supply and the one in Raleigh at Covington Pike and Stage Road have just recently been posted ( well I know at least the 2nd was recent because I have carried in there recently since they had no posting).

Would the bank rather have a robber leave with some money or have a dead bank robber laying in their lobby? Society is better off with the dead bad guy. Bank probably feels better to have cops catch him later.

They are probably worried about lawsuits. The money is insured.