Be Careful of Regions Banks

Guest Mudlizard

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tnxdshooter
hmmm......i do all my personal and commercial banking with regions. I know as of friday afternoon my local branch wasn't posted. Although i get along very well with all the employees of this branch i WILL move my business to another bank if they post. Again, i am very happy with them but i am not about to walk into that bank daily with thousands of dollars cash without some protection.

The one here in dayton has not posted yet. I sent regions management a letter with concerns about posting and sent a no guns no money card along with it.

Guest tnxdshooter

Well crap yesterday when I went to the regions here it was not posted. That is where my previous post comes in when I said it was not posted. This morning when I go there it is posted. So, i went in and informed the manager that I would be taking my money out of his bank and let him know that alot of us on TFA and TGO are talking about their establishment and how we should all take our business elsewhere. I advised him that at last figure that if I remember correctly that there were closed to 250,000 permit holders in the state of TN I advised him that I would tell all my family members who bank with regions to take their business elsewhere (We are all going to) and that I would try and get most of the state's permit holders as many as I could to boycott their bank and gave him a no guns no money card and advised I would be back to close my account. I left there and went to TN Valley Federal Credit Union, they were not posted and I went in and setup an account. As soon as checks and debit card come from TNVFCU I am closing my regions account. They will never get another dime from me or anyone else in my family.

Edited by tnxdshooter
Guest tnxdshooter
My Email.

We'll see what they say.. Please don't nit-pick it... It's already sent and I can't change it.

That is a good one. May I re-use it and change things around to fit my needs and send it to them?

Guest tnxdshooter
If these guys want to run off deposits, this is a way to do it. I cannot bank with someone who wants to LEGALLY (some would say) keep me from protecting myself when working/making deposits. Some folks would say just use the drive through. I sometimes have to go inside. I've used Regions for quite a long time before they bought Union Planters in Memphis and Amsouth in Birmingham. It is a big hassle for me to go to another bank and open up another account but I'm not having a bank treat me like a criminal (technically in TN 500 dollar fine) where I haul checks/cash for my business. I'll just keep on concealing until I get this straightened out. All the banks are a mess right now financially...I hear people are happy with Suntrust (no branches in AR though but convenient for my wife) and Bank of America (branches in Arkansas). I am curious what the fees are with each. I guess when in Arkansas I can always go into Wal mart or Kroger and get cash back on a coke to avoid an ATM fee.

Yeah you could use the drive through but to me it is a matter of principal. I would rather give my money to someone that appreciates me and my rights then let them do what they want with "my money" while telling me to "bend over and take it".

Guest Mudlizard
Strangely, the one on The Strip is still not posted as of today.

Maybe there's a pro 2A manager there or something that has "misplaced" the sign.

- OS

Which one is this??

had the same discussion with the manager in soddy-daisy this week. told her i would give her a chance to see if she could do anything if not i would move my account about 6 miles away. told her i had been carrying in her bank for about 15 years. her eyes got big and said they didnt know. if enough of us move our money no matter how small maybe they will wake up. one of the tellers told me they were protecting her with the sign. i told her that now it was an open invitation for the bad guys. went over her head completely

WOW!! I will check the 3 branches I bank at sometime this week. We have several business and personal accounts with Regions. If they are posted I will inform them I will be moving our accounts.

UPDATE: Kingston, Cedar Bluff & Park West are posted.... Oh well...

It will take a little while to get everything moved... But that is our goal.. It ain't much but it's ours....

Edited by Shark1591
Guest tnxdshooter
WOW!! I will check the 3 branches I bank at sometime this week. We have several business and personal accounts with Regions. If they are posted I will inform them I will be moving our accounts.

Might as well go ahead and move em cuz they will post eventually. I sent their corporate office a no guns no money card and advised them they had seven days to take down their signs or I along with everyone in my family that banks there and as many of the permit holders in TN that I could muster would be taking our business to other banks. They obviously dont care as they never responded back so I am moving my money to another bank just as soon as my debit card and checks arrive from other "said bank".

I though it was illegal to carry in a bank in the first place? Am I just imagining things? What banks are not posted?

Huge misconception and one of the most widespread myths out there. It is NOT illegal to carry in a bank unless they are posted.

I though it was illegal to carry in a bank in the first place? Am I just imagining things? What banks are not posted?

One of those myths/rumors that just won't go away.

In some states that is the case, but not in TN.

Banks are only off-limits in TN if they are posted.

Its legal to carry in banks as long as they're not posted. They are not government buildings, they're privately owned, so its like going into any other place of business.

Its legal to carry in banks as long as they're not posted. They are not government buildings, they're privately owned, so its like going into any other place of business.

It's legal to carry in government (except Federal) buildings as well, again unless they are posted. One exception you can not carry in a room where a judicial proceeding is taking place. But that doesn't make the whole courthouse off-limits, it doesn't even make the courtroom off-limits when a proceeding is not taking place.

Another misconception that pops up a lot.

Edited by Fallguy
It's legal to carry in government (except Federal) buildings as well, again unless they are posted. One exception you can carry in a room where a judicial proceeding is taking place. But that doesn't make the whole courthouse off-limits, it doesn't even make the courtroom off-limits when a proceeding is not taking place.

Another misconception that pops up a lot.

Can or can not?

Well I give them credit for taking the time to write.

Of course his arguments against carry could be used to allow carry....so a lot of it just depends on you mindset to start with.

What I'm just a little bit worried about now is that between this and the incident someone posted about in Nashville, that the legislature may be pressured to add banks/financial institutions to the list of places off-limits by statute.