Hello from Thompson's Station.

My name is Rex. Honestly, I've never been a gun guy in my past. Both sides of my family were all excellent shots, & I had an uncle that I believe had an endorsement with Remington, or maybe it was Winchester before his death in 1978.

So I took the class, got my carry permit. Did okay on the written, but got 100 on my shoot. Sorry, but I'm quite proud of that considering I can shake like a dog pooping a peach seed at times. And from the class I found out I REALLY enjoy target shooting. More on that later.

Here's where I'm at now, & I'll probably put up separate posts for my inquiries:

I'm shopping for a .380, & right now I'm doing like most & watching the reviews. I like the price of the Kel-Tec P3AT, know that the Ruger LCP is most popular, but I have to say that I really like the Diamondback 380, the feel, trigger, & especially the sights. I have read both good/bad on them, & am still hovering for more favorable reviews. On any .380, I'm of course open to suggestions.

A future gun I want is a Glock 26. Not much to say there. ;)

Now, I'm also looking around for a target gun. Open to suggestions to .22's. A salesperson put the new Baretta in my hand, & I had happy thoughts of shooting targets to hearts content as I like the idea of the more affordable .22 shells. Open to suggestions on that as well.

Anyway, I'd been reading the posts on TGO, thought I'd make my 1st post & say hi. So, hi. :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankew, Bubba0031. Yep, I'm set on the 26 with a Pearce extension grip. Done with that. And thankew for the 2nd nod on the Buckmark, definitely want to check out/shoot one 1st chance I get.

Sure appreciate the warm welcomes & suggestions!

Guest Daelith

Hello and welcome.

My husband has the Kel-Tec 380 and likes it fine, especially for carry since it so easy to conceal. Had a little too much recoil for me so I'm sticking with my Kel-Tec 32 or my Colt Mustang.

Thankew Daelith, for the vote on the Kel-Tec P3AT. Right now I'm somewhere between the P3AT & the Walther PK 380. I like the P3AT's price, but I really like the PK 380's 3 bead/spot sights, main reason I liked the DB 380, but not only is the PK 380 more tried/true, it's not that much more $$ over the P3AT. It appears to be a leetle bit bigger than the P3AT, which is okay.

Dang, I gotta get out there & try 'em out. :)

Appreciate the suggestions, folks! :rofl: