Indoor range in Gallatin/Mt. Juliet/Lebanon area??

Guest motonut

Guest motonut

It's too bloomin' hot to shoot outdoors right now and I have a couple of firearms I need to put some rounds through. Isn't there an indoor range in this area? I thought I heard of one in Gallatin but I'm having trouble locating it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indoor Shooting Academy 308 South Water Avenue, Gallatin, TN 37066-2907(615) 206-0063‎

The range seems to be older. I have never shot on it, but appears to be busy when I visit the gunsmith.

It is also home to The Complete Gun Shop which is a Gunsmith. Sam does excellent work.

Edited by R1100R

There is a new range in Lebanon that just opened last week (sorry dont know the name), I stopped by there today to take a look at it and it's nice and brand new but I have a problem with this range/gunshop. There is a sign on the door that says no loaded firearms aloud. I personally have a problem with that statement that if I have a HCP and I'm not allowed to carry in this range/gunstore I will NOT be doing bussiness there. With so many TGO vendors who allow carry into there store and range I'll go to them first. I discussed my view's with who I beileve was the owner and he explained why he has that posted and I disagree with him, so I said a polite good by and left. Dont mean to hijack your thread but I was going to post this tonight anyways!!!!! COOP

well...that blows Coop. I had plans on rolling up there soon, you saved me the trip.

We need to get his name/number so we can let him know how many people WON'T shop/shoot there.

Off the hijack train,

The Gallitan range is old, but useable. The school I train for uses that range for our classes. Now...I will have to say for indoor shooting, it's hard to beat Guns and Leather. It's a bit of a drive from the Gallitan/Nashville area but WELL worth it.

Guest motonut

Any idea what the name/ location of the range in Lebanon is? I have a HCP but I don't have a problem with a "no loaded guns" policy.

Guest motonut
Indoor Shooting Academy 308 South Water Avenue, Gallatin, TN 37066-2907(615) 206-0063‎

The range seems to be older. I have never shot on it, but appears to be busy when I visit the gunsmith.

It is also home to The Complete Gun Shop which is a Gunsmith. Sam does excellent work.

BTW, thanks for this gunsmith (and range) info.

Guest motonut

I've been doing an online search for the range, no luck yet. Found "The Armory" which is in front of Lowes and across the street from WM, called the number listed on their web site. First time got a fax tone second time it just rang and rang. No mention on the web site if they have a range.

(do a search on yelp.com, not a good review)

The Gun Room on Briskin Ln. apparently doesn't have a web site.

Still looking.

Edited by motonut
Guest trumpettgriffin
There is a new range in Lebanon that just opened last week (sorry dont know the name), I stopped by there today to take a look at it and it's nice and brand new but I have a problem with this range/gunshop. There is a sign on the door that says no loaded firearms aloud. I personally have a problem with that statement that if I have a HCP and I'm not allowed to carry in this range/gunstore I will NOT be doing bussiness there. With so many TGO vendors who allow carry into there store and range I'll go to them first. I discussed my view's with who I beileve was the owner and he explained why he has that posted and I disagree with him, so I said a polite good by and left. Dont mean to hijack your thread but I was going to post this tonight anyways!!!!! COOP

Quite agree with this

Anyway you rationalize it, this contradictory policy for a gun shop.

OK guys, I'll tell you where it is after I explain a few things, 1. to me going to a gun store/range that doesn't allow a HCP owner to carry inside is like going to a restaurant with a no firearms sign posted. I wont go there and instead I'd go somewhere else where I can carry and I have the right to protect myself and family while we eat if something bad happens. 2. I buy my weapons and shoot indoors at places who are TGO vendors to support them and this web site.

I did ask why he had the sign posted and I got 2 replies, he said that the being so close to the highway the TBI said his store/range was a great location to be robbed for a easy getaway, also he said he didn't want new shooters to be intimidated if they came in by a bunch of guys wearing their guns on there side in the store. UMMM, GUN STORE!!!!!!!!! He used an example of a wife and husband couple coming in for the 1st time and the wife being intimidated. He also told me he had never carried a hand gun before opening the store but had a big shinny chrome hand gun on his side. there was also a few local LEO'S all wearing their hand guns. If you want to shoot indoors I would suggest On Target in Murfreesboro and Guns and Leather in Greenbrier.

The range is located on Briskin Ln. in Lebanon. If your heading east on I-40 from Nashville take the I-70 exit towards Lebanon which is the 2nd exit then left about a 1/2 mile onto Briskin Ln. and it's about 1/2 mile down on the RH side, this is a industrial area but it's easy to find, feel free to talk to the owner about the sign on the door!!!!!! COOP

I've been doing an online search for the range, no luck yet. Found "The Armory" which is in front of Lowes and across the street from WM, called the number listed on their web site. First time got a fax tone second time it just rang and rang. No mention on the web site if they have a range.

(do a search on yelp.com, not a good review)

The Gun Room on Briskin Ln. apparently doesn't have a web site.

Still looking.

Yes it is The Gun Room on Briskin Ln. COOP

No loaded firearms? So in this gun shop, you have to remove the magazine from your sidearm to be compliant. Wow, that a lot less intimidating. A gun on your belt with a hole in the grip. It was a bit of a chore to be able to carry and I will not leave any money in places that prohibit it, especially a gun shop.

Folks,

No Loaded Firearms in the case of a Gun Store is more of a safety issue than a political one.

You would be surprised how often somebody brings in a firearm to sale AND ITS LOADED. The sign is an attempt to get some folks to engage their brains.

And it applies to all. I once saw an on duty LEO bring his department issued shotgun into a local store for the gunsmith to look over. The first thing the 'smith did was clear the weapon and he found it to be loaded. The LEO got an earfull about the correct way to hand somebody a firearm.

And guess what - - - In the military we don't allow loaded weapons anywhere near an arms room. In fact, most have these signs saying "NO LOADED WEAPONS."

Now if only a Gun Store would place a bullet trap barrel outside its door so that I could clear before I entry...., That place would get massive cool points from me! ;)

They don't allow loaded guns in Specialty Arms either. They're obviously not anti-gun. In fact, they are as good as any place around for handguns. I asked why they had the policy, and they explained. I accepted their answer, and will continue to do business there. You gotta ask yourself... where is the WORST place in the world to have an accidental shooting? They posted that rule because of their own scary experiences with gun totin' goobers trying on holsters with loaded weapons, not because of the normal gun owners that practice safe handling.

I think they may have even had an accidental discharge. While I'm not a fan of any postings, I'm also glad that some Mall Ninja hasn't shot me in the kneecap with his new Desert Eagle. It only takes one idiot, and we have millions of them.

They don't allow loaded guns in Specialty Arms either. They're obviously not anti-gun. In fact, they are as good as any place around for handguns. I asked why they had the policy, and they explained. I accepted their answer, and will continue to do business there. You gotta ask yourself... where is the WORST place in the world to have an accidental shooting? They posted that rule because of their own scary experiences with gun totin' goobers trying on holsters with loaded weapons, not because of the normal gun owners that practice safe handling.

I think they may have even had an accidental discharge. While I'm not a fan of any postings, I'm also glad that some Mall Ninja hasn't shot me in the kneecap with his new Desert Eagle. It only takes one idiot, and we have millions of them.

This is why I don't shop there, I do shop and shoot at Guns and Leather, On Target, I also shop at the Lebanon Gun Store and the Armory, I plan on shopping at Hero gear soon, but I will not shoot or shop at any gun shop/range where I cant carry and I'm expected to leave my EDC in the car or a case to shop there!!!!!! This is my opinion and not yours and there are fine supporters of this web site who allow you to carry in there gun shop/range and have great prices that are cheaper than the the Gun Room. I will be sending an email to the owners that if they want my business they need to change there policies. There are also behind the scenes politics going on here that I knew about months before they opened when they told the other gun shops in Lebanon that they would not be selling guns at the range and now they are? Does Honor mean anything to anybody any more? Does a mans word mean anything anymore? Does the 2nd amendment mean anything anymore? It does to me!!!! Guns and leather is cheaper and great employees, On target is cheaper and a great owner. The owner of The Lebanon Gun shop is one of the most honorable people I know and has a vast amout of knowledge of hand guns and long distant shooting so if you have a spare minutes go by there and talk to him about sniper school and reloading.... David Wilson is a great guy and a friend.... COOP

Just to be clear I understand - An individual with a valid TN Handgun Carry Permit is not allowed to have their weapon loaded and on their person if entering the new Lebanon Shooting range and store? If you're bringing a weapon in a case or range bag to the firing range or to trade at the counter, that weapon needs to be unloaded prior to walking in the door. I can understand a rule banning loaded weapons in a case. I'm double verifying that HCP holders are not welcome to have their loaded weapons on their person, concealed or not. Thanks.

"An individual with a valid TN Handgun Carry Permit is not allowed to have their weapon loaded and on their person if entering the new Lebanon Shooting range and store? That statement is correct... COOP

My problem with a shop like this is, we (gun owners and TN legislators) have fought for carry in restaurants that serve alcohol along with other places over the years. With gun shops and gun shows like this, we look like hypocrites. I can see opponents of such freedoms seeing it as hypocrisy and they would be right.

There are a couple of valid reasons a shop owner would post "no loaded guns, no concealed guns". Both having mostly to do with insurance.

However the reasons given by this owner are immature namby pamby BS. If the poor SOB is scared of scaring potential customers with the display of firearms, he should get a pet store or greeting card shop.

I support property owners exercising their valid ownership rights BUT:

I don't support stupid with my money.

Edited by jaysouth

I know the insurance rates are high on gunshops. having a range takes it to another level. Some in SC have posted you may not touch or pull out the weapon out while in the holster. A store employee must pull and clear it if for some reason you need to take it out while on their premises. I have also seen allot of people with HCP's that don't know what the hell they are doing. Just because you have a HCP doesn't make you proficient. I have been in two stores in TN that this is also posted. That the pistol must remain in the holster at all time and no hands on.

COOP, those going to Stones River can't carry there either. All weapons have to be cased.

I'm not in agreement with this owner's stance. Plus at the cost of $20.00 to shoot. How many of us spend all day at the range unless with a group.

Edited by R1100R
I know the insurance rates are high on gunshops. having a range takes it to another level. Some in SC have posted you may not touch or pull out the weapon out while in the holster. A store employee must pull and clear it if for some reason you need to take it out while on their premises. I have also seen allot of people with HCP's that don't know what the hell they are doing. Just because you have a HCP doesn't make you proficient. I have been in two stores in TN that this is also posted. That the pistol must remain in the holster at all time and no hands on.

COOP, those going to Stones River can't carry there either. All weapons have to be cased.

I'm not in agreement with this owner's stance. Plus at the cost of $20.00 to shoot. How many of us spend all day at the range unless with a group.

I know Stones river is the same way and I expect that at a state ran range, I just don't like it when gun stores/indoor ranges post this for the reasons I posted earlier. IMO!!!! COOP