Hiya

Guest Julez

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm a girl who likes guns. I'm originally from SE KY but have recently relocated to Kingsport TN. I currently own two guns. A Rossi .38 pistol and a .22 magnum derringer. I'm currently thinking about getting my concealed carry permit. :doh:

Guest Archimedes

Indeed.

I've got my GF wanting to get her permit.

She'd never shot a gun before I came along and she took right to it.

I started her off with smaller caliber guns, but she'll only shoot my Glock 36 now. :doh::D

Welcome to TGO.

~Archi

Guest Rooster

Welcome.

Its funny how a lot of women dislike the idea of hanguns, but when they finally go shoot, they love it. A friend of mine and I go shooting quite often and we talked his wife into going with us. At first she just wanted to watch and after I talked her into shooting my sig 228 she went and bought 150 rounds and shot through all of them. I must say after a little intruction she was shooting like a champ. I have never seen my friend more proud.:doh:

I've been shooting guns since at least the sixth grade. I can remember taking a hunters safety course when I went to a conservation camp. I think I was the only girl who actually knew what they were doing. LOL My dad owns a lot of different fire arms. Every time he bought a new one, he'd teach me how to use it. The first gun I ever shot was an old .22 bolt action rifle. My dad took me out for some target practice with it. I absolutely loved it! He gave me my .38 Rossi when I first moved out of the house years ago...and then the .22 deringer when I moved to TN. I still miss that old .22 rifle though. LOL

Well, I'm a girl who likes guns. I'm originally from SE KY but have recently relocated to Kingsport TN. I currently own two guns. A Rossi .38 pistol and a .22 magnum derringer. I'm currently thinking about getting my concealed carry permit. :doh:

Hey, I got one of those Rossi .38's, mine is a snubnose. First handgun I ever bought, when I turned 21 from Walmart:eek:

Welcome to TGO!

Good to see some women on the forum. I love it when stereotypes are proven wrong!

Also, I have to comment on women & guns. I have seen several examples of women who fell in love with shooting after being adverse to it at first. Many seem to make excellent shots. A female friend of mine went through the carry permit class with me and she shot 100% on the range test -first time she had ever picked up a gun in her life. Turns out she's a natural.

Get your permit, be safe, continue to practice and train. And welcome aboard!

-L

I'm also from Kingsport. I have a 32 year old daughter that got into guns and shooting a few years ago when she took a part time job in a gun shop in Johnson City. She got her handgun permit at ETSU. I had no idea that a state college had a program for shooters but they do. She really liked the class.

Are you familiar with Cherokee Rod and Gun Club? Its a great place to go shoot. There are getting to be more and more ladies coming out there and you might find it a good place to hang out once in a while. You can take the handgun permit class there as well.

Hey, I got one of those Rossi .38's, mine is a snubnose. First handgun I ever bought, when I turned 21 from Walmart:eek:

Yeah I noticed that! LOL :( Yo:D u're the first person I've seen with one besides me, only mine isn't a snub nose. It was the first gun I've ever owned.

I'm also from Kingsport. I have a 32 year old daughter that got into guns and shooting a few years ago when she took a part time job in a gun shop in Johnson City. She got her handgun permit at ETSU. I had no idea that a state college had a program for shooters but they do. She really liked the class.

Are you familiar with Cherokee Rod and Gun Club? Its a great place to go shoot. There are getting to be more and more ladies coming out there and you might find it a good place to hang out once in a while. You can take the handgun permit class there as well.

Oh really?? I just moved here and had no idea. Once I get settled in my new job etc, I may just have to take the course! While I'm fairly comfortable with firearms and have been around them most of my life... most of my experience is still limited and I would really love to learn as much as I can. :(