Hello from Nashville

Guest nashnoob

Guest nashnoob

Hi Guys,

Would like to introduce myself. I'm from Nashville. I'm new to guns. Just bought my first one from Guns and Leather before Christmas (M&P 9mm fullsize) and just took it out to shoot there last Saturday. Some things I learned:

1) Guns are fun. My wife and I both enjoyed shooting the gun. We'll probably do it every weekend from now on. The biggest drag is the 30min drive to Guns and Leather.

2) One gun is never enough. Will probably buy a rifle after this, if I can figure out where to shoot it.

3) Ammo is going to be expensive, we burnt through 200 rds in no time. Guess we need to buy more next time.

4)I am a lousy shot and need more practice. My wife is a much better shot than I am. At least now we know who's going downstairs if there's anything to investigate at night. :up:

btw Guns&Leather is a great place to shop and shoot. I didn't get the name of the guy who helped me choose the gun (he's a metro police) but he was a great help and very patiently worked with two customers who didn't have any idea of what they wanted to get. All the staff are great and they have a great selection to choose from.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nashnoob

Thanks for the welcome guys. I live in northwest Nashville From my google efforts so far the nearest ranges to me are Guns and Leather, ASP in Joelton and the TWRA range at Ashland city. Has anyone been to the TWRA range? Will probably stick to Guns and Leather as long as I only have a pistol but hopefully I will get a rifle one day. If only I can convince my wife that groceries are not that important :D

The M&P9 was the first gun I bought as well. It's a good gun and the 9mm is a little cheaper to shoot than some other calibers.

You're right. One gun is never going to be enough. After I bought the M&P I decided I wanted to get a compact .45 for carry purposes. My next purchase will likely be either a shotgun or a rifle (AR-15 probably).

As far as ammo goes, Wally World usually has the 100 round value packs of WWB for around $15-$17. Bass Pro shops carries 250 round value packs of UMC, but I don't remember the price on them.

Welcome and enjoy your new addiction. :D

Guest GlockFD

welcome from memphis area, I too just bought my first gun last year and I know what your are going through, I struggle all the time to buy enough ammo to satisfy my craving to put holes in targets and make boom booms. hehehehheehehhhehe

Guest bang-flash

congrats on your purchase. my second gun is a m&p9. love the thing and enjoy making noise with it. when i first got it nothing less than 500 rnds between me and my wife (mainly me) was enough.

welcome aboard from a fellow nashvillian.