Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

I don't agree with or condone burning or destroying anything associated with the mosque/ community center. The fact remains though, that it is a powerful radicallizing tool. The radical Muslims can take this as an example to the non radical Muslims as how horrible and hateful the infidels are, and why they should be radical, too.

I'm not so sure it's a real factor. I've always thought it might be, but they seem to hate us no matter what.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon
Look guys, I am no expert on Christian churches in muslum countries, I stand corrected to some degree. Christians have always crusaded for thier beliefs, sometimes to a detrement to the cause. Iraq having a baptist church is great if the people want it, however my point was that Saddam would have never let it happen and the only reason it's there is because we were at war with Al Queda and took a detour into Iraq for some unexplained reason.

That's not actually true. Turns out Iraq has an old Christian community and has had Christian churches since forever. Saddam was mostly interested in power and since Christians weren't an impediment they were tolerated.

Your larger point is right on though. As soon as Saddam was deposed the majority did go crazy on the minority (in this case Muslim's on the Christians) and Christians were sent running. Read all about it

Saddam was a bad guy but he mostly hated the kurds. And Iranians.

Guest mosinon
I'm not so sure it's a real factor. I've always thought it might be, but they seem to hate us no matter what.

America is easy to demonize but there is a big difference between just loathing a far away rich place and actually convincing someone to fly planes into a building. Burning down a mosque seems like a good way to get people to take the next step. I could easily be wrong, it may make no difference at all. I am not familiar enough with the muslim dynamic to have any idea about this kind of thing. Though, still, burning down a mosque? Bad form, even if it was predictable.

What to make of this?

Shots fired at Islamic Center site

Rutherford County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating a complaint about shots being fired near the construction site of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro on Veals Road off Bradyville Pike.

A group of congregation members were at the site looking at the damage done to construction equipment over the weekend when they heard nine shots fired from two directions.

Around 3:15, they reported hearing six shots coming from one direction, and about three minutes later they heard three more shots from another direction, said Saleh Sbenaty, a congregation member and MTSU professor.

He wasn’t sure if the shots were being fired at the Muslim group, but in the aftermath of the weekend vandalism, he said they felt it necessary to report.

Several deputies are at the scene investigating the incident, he said.

One piece of construction equipment was damaged over the weekend when it was burned, and three other pieces of equipment were doused with some sort of accelerant, Sbenaty said.

The sheriff’s office, FBImag-glass_10x10.gif and Bureau of ATF are investigating.

Edited by ttocswob
added quote
America is easy to demonize but there is a big difference between just loathing a far away rich place and actually convincing someone to fly planes into a building. Burning down a mosque seems like a good way to get people to take the next step. I could easily be wrong, it may make no difference at all. I am not familiar enough with the muslim dynamic to have any idea about this kind of thing. Though, still, burning down a mosque? Bad form, even if it was predictable.

I think they just hate us anyway. What did we do before 9/11, or all the other attacks? Burning something on a mosque site is small potatoes compared to blowing a bunch of them up on a weekly basis. We've been doing for years now.

I think they just hate us anyway. What did we do before 9/11, or all the other attacks? Burning something on a mosque site is small potatoes compared to blowing a bunch of them up on a weekly basis. We've been doing for years now.

I agree, it's not what "we" did so much as what our government did. I don't think the American people as a whole want anything to do with a lot of the battles our military fights, it's the governement and thier agenda that give our country a bad rap. Thier religon breeds hate for everyone besides those who share the same belief. No matter how peaceful they are, you cannot overlook the basis of the religion and it's intentions.

The fact is the majority of muslims are peaceful. The problem is they are judged by the actions of the few extremists. No different than the majority of southerners are decent hard working people but we often get called ignorant and lazy because of the few that lazy, ignorant, disability faking, and "gun nuts". I have no problem with a mosque, church, temple, or anything else they want to build. What I have a problem with is people who cling to the constitution when it suits their wants and needs but, quickly abandon it when it goes against what they want. These are US citizens and have the right to worship however they see fit.

Guest mosinon
What I have a problem with is people who cling to the constitution when it suits their wants and needs but, quickly abandon it when it goes against what they want. These are US citizens and have the right to worship however they see fit.

+1,000,000 on this.

Guest 270win

Barrack Hussein Obama will use some fed resources to find whoever is messing with this mosque and call it a fed hate crime. If it happened at a church, it would be called vandalism and be at the back page of the local newspaper. Whoever gets caught doing this will be in serious trouble and will be going to federal court, considering you have a president with a muslim name and a crazy black attorney general. The media, feds, and liberals are doing everything they can to pander to the muslims.

Arson and shooting at people are extremely bad things and should be punished by prison. The sad thing is this incident will be treated special and the offenders will get more time because they did it to muslims. They will also get tried in fed court on top of county criminal court as some sort of 'hate crime'.

Barrack Hussein Obama will use some fed resources to find whoever is messing with this mosque and call it a fed hate crime. If it happened at a church, it would be called vandalism and be at the back page of the local newspaper. Whoever gets caught doing this will be in serious trouble and will be going to federal court, considering you have a president with a muslim name and a crazy black attorney general. The media, feds, and liberals are doing everything they can to pander to the muslims.

Arson and shooting at people are extremely bad things and should be punished by prison. The sad thing is this incident will be treated special and the offenders will get more time because they did it to muslims. They will also get tried in fed court on top of county criminal court as some sort of 'hate crime'.

Do you understand what a "hate crime" is?

It is commiting a crime against someone specifically because of their race, religon, sexual orientation, or gender only. This seems to fit that bill if the reason for this crime was because they didnt want the building to be completed simply because they are Muslim.

*edit for better definition*

Hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, or political affiliation.[1]

"Hate crime" generally refers to criminal acts which are seen to have been motivated by hatred of one or more of the listed conditions. Incidents may involve physical assault, damage to property, bullying, harassment, verbal abuse or insults, or offensive graffiti or letters (hate mail).[2]

Edited by Daniel

Furthermore,

Husayn (also spelled Husein, Hussein, Husain, Hussain, Husayin, Hussayin, Huseyin, Husseyin, Huseyn, Hossain or Husseyn) (Arabic: حسین Ḥussayn), is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good", "handsome" or "beautiful". It is commonly given as a male given name among Muslims, in honor of Husayn ibn Ali (626-680 AD), although the name is often given to persons of secular backgrounds. In some Persian sources the forms Ḥosayn, Hosayn, or Hossein is used.[1] The Turkish form is Hüseyin. On the Subcontinent or South Asia, the form used is "Hussain" or "Hossain" in the Bengal region.
Do you understand what a "hate crime" is?

It is commiting a crime against someone specifically because of their race, religon, sexual orientation, or gender only. This seems to fit that bill if the reason for this crime was because they didnt want the building to be completed simply because they are Muslim.

Sure don't sound like it.

EDIT: you have pundits and politicians pushing that kind of thinking. Bacon4 was spot on.

Edited by mikegideon
Guest GT_Rat

What get's me is those complaining about Mosques here are the same people that happily send Missionaries to other countries (including Islamic countries) to build churches there. Hypocrisy much? Last I heard the Constitution said Freedom of Religion. <period> Not freedom of religion as long is it's the one most people practice in this country or freedom of religion as long is it's mine.

Guest 6.8 AR

Yeh. Hate crime legislation solved a lot of problems. It's one of those jokes from

Congress to the American people. There were plenty of laws to choose from to

arrest and convict an individual for the same thing, before that legislation came

about. Just another way to make some people "feel good", and get another layer

of government started.

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

You may want to take it with a grain of salt but still worth reading and definitely make you think.

Certainly no shortage of "thinking" these days. I'm a simpleton. The mosque has been in Murfreesboro for 30 years. How many of us rednecks have they killed so far? I don't agree with their beliefs, but i would make a terrible Mormon too. I absolutely HATE Islamic extremists, but I hate these folks too:

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeh. Hate crime legislation solved a lot of problems. It's one of those jokes from

Congress to the American people. There were plenty of laws to choose from to

arrest and convict an individual for the same thing, before that legislation came

about. Just another way to make some people "feel good", and get another layer

of government started.

Don't agree. Sure there were other laws. They weren't working. Nothing to do with another layer.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I believe congress writes a lot of stupid laws. Seems to be the majority of their work, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Edited by mikegideon
Guest 6.8 AR
What get's me is those complaining about Mosques here are the same people that happily send Missionaries to other countries (including Islamic countries) to build churches there. Hypocrisy much? Last I heard the Constitution said Freedom of Religion. <period> Not freedom of religion as long is it's the one most people practice in this country or freedom of religion as long is it's mine.

That's right, but those missionaries are usually going over to other countries to aid

people that want the assistance. No one that I know of is being forced into a church

they don't want, are they?

On the flip side, there were a few radical muslims that learned to fly airplanes. They

didn't get to the part on landings very well, or, did they?

Guest 6.8 AR
Don't agree. Sure there were other laws. They weren't working. Nothing to do with another layer.

That's because our leaders didn't enforce them. It wasn't due to a lack of laws.

Guest 6.8 AR
Certainly no shortage of "thinking" these days. I'm a simpleton. The mosque has been in Murfreesboro for 30 years. How many of us rednecks have they killed so far? I don't agree with their beliefs, but i would make a terrible Mormon too. I absolutely HATE Islamic extremists, but I hate these folks too:

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I agree with you, Mike. The thing about the Westboro bunch, as compared to

just about everyone else, is we Americans tend to flush that stuff out, ourselves. I

haven't seen the muslims doing that too much about their radical brothers. They

just want us to accept them without question. It's a one way street with them. As

sorry as it was that someone did that in Murfreesboro, it will probably continue.

Maybe the muslims should consider denouncing their radical brothers before trying

to make us accept them. Acceptance should be voluntary, not by the strong arm of

the government.

To date, I have heard one report from muslims(in Canada) that expressed any kind

of sensitivity towards the people of New York. At least that was a start.