Any out of state trips this year?

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

***HUNTING TRIPS***I did this same thread last year.

Where are you going and for what?

I'm going to the same ole' spots this year, again. MO,SC for whitetail. Nothing too exciting but MO has some big ens'. SC sucks but its family hunting. Scrawny little greyhound looking deer with basket racks. Oh well they eat good and the slick heads are abundant. We will see if my luck holds for this year in MO. Two 150+ the last two years has got me hooked! Heck I might even try out TN while I'm at it.

Edited by GunTroll
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which I'm looking forward to the most; Meeting up with one of my best friends, my first sighting of The Rockies, the dry air, the hunting or the 2 day drive out there! I've never been further west than Crane, TX & I'm really anticipating getting to see more of this great country.

I just hope I've got all my licenses & tags right. The WY Fish & Game regs are a nightmare to understand if you've never done it before!

Guest FroggyOne2
Find any? What was the limit?

Yep sure did! The limit was 120 and I did get all of my limit, yep! 120 of them.. but it only scored out 1210 of a possible 1250 pts., which only placed me 62nd on the National Level.. will have to try better next year!

I just got back from a buddies farm outside Evansville, IN. Pretty good dove hunting, but more tagging along with my wife to see his new baby. Got some good doves to wrap in bacon and grill up.

Later this year I'm headed to MN for about the same reason, but it will be deer season...........

• 2 weeks later...

i'm planning on going to indiana again to hunt the first or second week of november. i'm hoping to come home with one this year, i passed on a really good buck holding out for the monster and i'm still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger! lol

Guest FroggyOne2

My next trip is not out of state.. but to Memphis.. will be there around the 22-24 of Oct. Going to be shooting at MSSA that weekend in the State Mid Range championships.. all you tactical shooters.. this is a great chance to learn more and meet some really great people and shooters.. more National Records have been shot in Memphis than on any other range in the Mid Range catagory. So bring out your scoped bi-podded rifles and have a great time.. You will need at least 150 rounds for the two days of shooting.. Those of you that want learn more about prone shooting, come on out and learn.. This is your chance to add to your shooting knowledge!

Guest Halfpint

Found this thread after the fact, but I'm in Dallas right now with KimberChick and some friends visiting my cousin. Also picking up my "other girlfriend" -- an old project car that saw way too much of me on Friday and Saturday nights. Heading back today, WITH THE CAR (it's been here for 2 years).