SB3395 and HB3245 Ammunition Accountability Act

Guest Kimber1

Guest darkstar
Dee Oh Ay.

But I'll put money the sponsoring creature came out of Memphis.

Yup, HB#3245 sponsored in the House by one Larry Miller D-88th district (Shelby County ) and SB # 3395 sponsored in the Senate by Reginald Tate D- 33rd districrt (Shelby County). Rabbi hits the two-fer!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, HB#3245 sponsored in the House by one Larry Miller D-88th district (Shelby County ) and SB # 3395 sponsored in the Senate by Reginald Tate D- 33rd districrt (Shelby County). Rabbi hits the two-fer!

It was a no-brainer. The stupidest anti-gun bills come out of Memphis. It is easier to blame guns for their immense crime problem (2nd most dangerous city [or is it 3rd?] in the nation) than their endemic corruption and poor economic policies.

Guest darkstar

Absolutely....but what politician (who wants to get re-elected as many times as possible) will actually do something to try to change things instead of try to pass off idiotic "feel good" legislation intended solely to show constituents that they care, are concerned, etc, etc ad nasueam in an effort to hoodwink (no pun intended) the sheeple into keeping them elected and fat and happy. I guess the people that elect these dopes are happy living in their squalor.

Yup, even King Willie Herenton will not admit that we have a crime problem in this city. He doesn't want to affect things like the Justin Timberlake and Samuel L Jackson movies coming here.

I swear he and Wharton are in bed together (literally and figuratively speaking.)

Oh well. All I can do is "rock the vote" every year and try to get people from this community to realize that Guns, Law Abiding Citizens are not the problem but that politicians are.

Just look at the Fords. How many times can one of them get elected. Is Ophelia even in Nashville right now?

Absolutely....but what politician (who wants to get re-elected as many times as possible) will actually do something to try to change things instead of try to pass off idiotic "feel good" legislation intended solely to show constituents that they care, are concerned, etc, etc ad nasueam in an effort to hoodwink (no pun intended) the sheeple into keeping them elected and fat and happy. I guess the people that elect these dopes are happy living in their squalor.

It's "The Man" keeping them down.

Can we go back to having an intelligence test for voting rights?

Heh... yes, surely the right to vote is subject to 'reasonable restrictions' :)

I'd love to see some of the same medicine we recieve, distributed evenly for effect. Perhaps that would open some eyes...

:)

Listen to almost any Democrat these days. The message is: 1) you are miserable and your life isn't worth 2 cents because your living standards are parallel to those of Belize; 2)Evil Corporations and George Bush are to blame; 3) Vote for me and I'll get you what's rightfully yours.

Guest darkstar
Listen to almost any Democrat these days. The message is: 1) you are miserable and your life isn't worth 2 cents because your living standards are parallel to those of Belize; 2)Evil Corporations and George Bush are to blame; 3) Vote for me and I'll get you what's rightfully yours.

Oh yeah, I hear you..pretty sad that a lot of people believe that crap. I had this mental image of you preaching to a mob of outraged citizens extolling "blame it on the man!" and I was laughing so hard it made me choke:D

• 2 weeks later...

In the Senate it is waiting to be brought up in the Judiciary committee, they are probably waiting to see what the House version of the bill does.

In the house it is scheduled to be heard in the Criminal Practice and Procedure sub-committee on 04/02/2008.

If I understood Rep Sonitary (Sub-committee chair) right last week, this coming meeting, 04/02, will be the last meeting of this sub-committee this session so if the bill does not leave the committee on this day it will die this session.

I hope this isn't a repost. I just got this in my email.

ActionAlert.gif

Alert: Bullet serialization bill introduced in Tennessee

Bill Status: Referred to Criminal Practice and Procedure Subcommittee

Action: Contact committee members and representatives

Bullet Serialization Threat in Tennessee

Legislation (HB3245) that would mandate, as early as 2009, bullet serialization -- the process by which each individual round of ammunition is identified and marked with a laser-engraved serial number -- has been referred to the Tennessee General Assembly Criminal Practice and Procedure Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee. This bill could be heard as early as Wednesday, April 2. The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the trade association of the firearms and ammunition industry, has made clear that serializing ammunition on a mass production basis is not feasible from a practical standpoint and any legislation mandating such action could rightfully be considered a de facto ban on ammunition.

NSSF is encouraging all sportsmen, hunters and firearms enthusiasts to contact members of the subcommittee immediately, urging them to strongly oppose this would-be ammunition ban.

You may also contact your own state representative, urging him or her to voice their opposition to any bills that would mandate bullet serialization.

"If manufacturers had to comply with bullet serialization, NSSF estimates that it would take almost four weeks to manufacture what is currently produced in a single day," said NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane. "This massive reduction in ammunition would translate into substantially lower sales and profitability, and ultimately force major ammunition manufacturers to abandon the market. In turn, there would be a severe shortage of serialized ammunition and all consumers, including federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, would be faced with substantial price increases. Ammunition will go from costing pennies to several dollars per cartridge."

The domestic small arms ammunition industry, utilizing modern manufacturing processes and distribution practices, produces between 10 and 12 billion ammunition cartridges a year at already low-profit margins. The three largest domestic manufacturers (who collectively account for the vast majority of the market) produce an estimated 20 million rounds of ammunition in a single day. Ammunition manufacturers could not serialize their product without hundreds of millions of dollars in capital investment to build the new factories that would be needed in order to meet the requirements of bullet serialization. At the same time, hundreds of millions of dollars of existing plants and equipment, and decades of manufacturing (cost-saving) efficiencies, would be rendered obsolete.

"Bullet Serialization is dangerous and not practical," continued Keane. "As legislation that would mandate bullet serialization not only threatens law-abiding gun-owners but our industry's ability to supply the nation's law enforcement officers and military with high-quality ammunition, we encourage all citizens of Tennessee to contact members of the Criminal Practice and Procedure Subcommittee and urge them to oppose this bill."

Learn more about bullet serialization.

Members of the Criminal Practice and Procedure Subcommittee

Rep. Janis Sontany

32 Legislative Plaza

Nashville, TN 37243-0153

Phone (615) 741-6861

Fax (615) 253-0325

Rep. Eddie Bass

109 War Memorial Bldg.

Nashville, TN 37243-0165

Phone (615) 741-1864

Fax (615) 741-1005

Rep. Rob Briley

G-19A WMB

Nashville, TN 37243-0152

Phone (615) 741-2184

Rep. Henry Fincher

32 Legislative Plaza

Nashville, TN 37243-0142

Phone (615) 741-1875

Rep. Judd Matheny

205 War Memorial Building

Nashville, TN 37243-0147

Phone (615) 741-7448

Fax (615) 253-0226

Rep. Eric Watson

205 War Memorial Building

Nashville, TN 37243-0122

Phone (615) 741-7799

Fax (615) 253-0252

National Shooting Sports Foundation | 11 Mile Hill Road, Newtown, CT |

www.nssf.org

Guest GUTTERbOY

This bill IS on the calendar for tomorrow. And since HB702 is up as well (alcohol carry) you can bet that Naifeh will be sitting in .